Old 10-05-2003, 09:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Run & Gun & The Rick Lake Challenge

RICK LAKE
Are you ready!
9.75 @ 140
Bring a Mask too.... cause you don't scare me the way you are!!
George
hahahahahahahah
Old 10-08-2003, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default 9.75 140 mph Who's dreaming???

Very funny George. You must be dreaming, that midstate wieghts too much to go that fast. George your only allowed to use 1 motor, not 2. As for the mask, I still hear you are the prettiest girl in your family. I will bring the shovel and broom for you, your getting to BOLD and OLD to be driving that fast. We don't need you going to the hospital from this event. Let's be careful out there. This means you too George. See you next week. Hope Stacy comes, bring his shirt. Rick Lake ps unless your in pure street I will only see you in the 1/4 mile brackets. I runn ing 13.9 this year, only need 2 gears, I sandbag.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I posted twice...I'm a looser....

hey...I'm not kidding.....you'll see....a surprise in 2003
I put the Hosiers on today...and added those safety tubes to my slicks.....I'm too old to get hurt racing....
The trailer's ready...the Dually's ready....I'm ready...the two story tall inflatable Pumpkin's ready.
P.S. I WILL NOT RED LIGHT AGAIN....
Old 10-09-2003, 09:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default I want to see this

George If you run this number without adders Dave S. will commit hairy carye on his wrists. Maybe this will get him to come to R&G. He's in LOVE again. I guess at his age it's scary time, he's going over the hill and the brakes are not holding . SORRY Dave it happens to us all. GQ stopped calling. I see he's in Kit car mag again. He's learning how to adjust valves. He better not buy that GT-40, there not maintainance on it except for oil changes, the filter will be in a stupid place and cost 40.00$. You take it easy next wed's day will be here soon enough. Be safe Rick Lake. ps is the wife going on a cruise, you sound TOO HAPPY. RELAX!!!!
Old 10-09-2003, 10:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

4.25 second head start...hhmmmm
That's not fair....
Me
Old 10-11-2003, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Geez, I'd better start planning on NOS for next year if you guys are going THAT fast. Oh well maybe the 6 has some 10's still in it...
See you guys Thursday...

Bob
Old 10-11-2003, 05:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Not Fair???

George A I'm running a basic stock 427 with 428 crank maken 340 hp and 420 tor with a little 501-533 cam, YOUR RUNNING Only what you and GOD have come up with. 12.5 -1 roller cam AUTO TRANS and your crying about 4.25 seconds Give me a break. I want only to do well in the autocross, hoping to beat the dragon this year. Of course someone had to go and bring the mustangs for this event. Thanks Anyway see you on Wedsday. Dave S is not at home. HE'S IN LOVE.
Justa6 Running 10's, thats great I can get a 3.9 second advantage Boy I love you guys. All the help I can get. How all I have todo is get around Rich P, StacyP, Wayne T, and Bill F the 80 other faster guys than me and I can be a winner. Got to start somewhere. See you Wed's Bob have a safe trip. Any of the boys coming down from Canada. Have not seen the JohnnyX guys in a couple of years. Nice bunch. Got to go put the car together. All nighter. Rick Lake hopefull winner for pure street.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

RRIICCKK...you know I'm still running the same old mid 11's motor....but you'll see what we're bringing to go faster...we have two Gessford sponsored Mustangs coming and hope they do well for their first Run & Gun event...
I still think I didn't break out in 2001....it was a timing error.
me
Old 10-13-2003, 04:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default A timing Fault???

George Anderson Now George It's always something, the wind, sun in my eyes, low flying bird, track oiled down, shallowed staged, line lock didn't hold, trans brake slipped, and the list goes on and on and no. You built the car from front to back, put your own speed shop backing behind it and this is the BEST STORY you can come up with?? At your age the first thing to go is the reflexes, eyes, hearing, and then the Flag rising every morning, and finally the brain start having farts I'm slow and I like it, I still am going to get the job done. If you don't have the power, you get them with smarts. Hope your coming to R&G. Sounds like your sending the troups. Unless you have FE's in the Mustangs, it doesn't count Finishing car this morning Rick Lake
Old 10-13-2003, 04:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Hey Bob,

Glad you are going to make it this year, we missed you last year.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 10-13-2003, 05:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Clois

Thanks... I really hated missing last year but was on my First line trip in the 747-400. I went to school all of August and finally got to fly right during the R & G race. I did have fun going to Japan on the new airplane though but would have liked to do both. Oh well gotta make money to support the car

Hope we have good weather....

See ya this week.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok...it's loaded in the trailer....I'm ready....
No excussssess...I'm going to kick your....wait I forgot what I was going say...maybe I'm getting old....
See you guys soon.
George
Old 10-14-2003, 03:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Loading right NOW!!!

Geoge Anderson Your NOT going to kick my a--. I loading the trailer right now, but I am going to get a piece of yours in 30 hours. Hope you can spare it. Your bringing the steaks?? Only kidding about the steaks. Safe trip see you soon. Watch out for the buffalo crossings.. Rick Lake ps I am not wearing a mask.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK...my boys will handle you...I'll rest up for the racing events.
Soon.....GA
Old 10-14-2003, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You guy's sound serious...

Anyway, I'm behind already. Loading trailer this afternoon. Trying to figure out how to tie down the roll around tool box before I put the car in it. (Trailer not tool box

Everyone drive carefully, see you in E. St. Louis...
Old 10-14-2003, 06:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

I talked to Jay Nordstrom last night, he said he and Keith Williams were loading and would be bringing three cars this year (more next year including Keiths new "Ultima" and "Daytona Coupe".

I will finish loading tonight. I think I may post a "What do you take list to a race event" later today. I am sure everyones list is different but I think there may be some basic tools or parts that everyone should bring. Who knows it might help someone.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 10-14-2003, 08:55 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

Rick-
Don't take any crap from those mid-west boys. Make us NJ guys proud

And good luck and don't break anything

Mike

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
Old 10-19-2003, 09:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob, Clois & Rick....you guys were great!
Had a great time...made it home about 2:30 AM 600 miles...
Not only did I red light against Pete Tork I broke out too....I think he deserves the King of the Hill....
George
P.S. Next years Date posted on the Run & Gun page

Run & Gun 2004
Old 10-20-2003, 06:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default WHO'S CAR IS PRETTIER???

George Anderson REAL NICE, NO GOODBYE, NO HAND SHAKE!!!! He did it again, RED LIGHT WITH an AUTOMATIC, HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??? I'm not talking to you any more. The kid drives 1k miles and take bracket 2 to school. runs 12.95 dial runs 12.98,12.953,13.01, and wins with 12.991. Thats not bad with a 5 speed and street tires George. I lose to Pete Tork in the king of the hill and got 3rd. If you want some help maybe you need to talk to the fastest driver there with your motor DAWN. She ran 9.74,9.75,9.75,9.73. The Lady can drive good Now if your done crying I want a price on a short block either 484 or 477 cid I using my heads and intake for next year. Shel's block. See if you can get the 428 block or 484. 9.5 to 9.8 compression with flat top pistons. I want it to run on 92 gas.
Chaplin Mike the kid did OK the trip was normal, rain going out and 2 deer run overs coming back the car is full on guts. I can still drive a car in the 1/4 mile after 20 years. I hope you go next year You would have a great time, the car didn't break, the clutch is smoked but that's OK Got 1st in class brackets1/4 mile, 3rd in autocross, and 7 in road racing, and I beat the dragon by .18 in autocross. John drove that Dragon 1300 miles to race it and raced, then drove it home. He puts a better engine in that car and watchout next year. Got to go unload and clean up. George, Rich, Bill and Wayne you did a GREAT JOB with the EVENT. THANK YOU. George you own me a dinner Rick Lake ps there having a driving school there next year, maybe come a day early George and sit in the FRONT of the CLASS, and be the THIS IS WHAT NOT TO DO PERSON.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default George

You, Wayne, Rich and the rest of the organizers do a great job.

We are currently bidding vacation for 04 and I put in for September OFF. Looking forward to it, however, I hope its the same with all the expected Mustang's.

Run & Gun should be a given for any Cobra owner that wants to see other Cobra's that actually do what Carrol designed the car to do. RUN.

Although he would probably PUKE if he saw a BUICK in one. Oh well...

Again thanks to you guys that made it happen. Oh and RICK that Redlight was a .492. Ouch...