Old 03-31-2014, 10:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAStuart View Post
Hi everybody,
It looks like the scatch builders has been a little slow lately. I have been meaning to post here for awhile. I am scratch building a Daytona Coupe, using a set of plans. When I start a thread on my build, how much detail should I go into? Such as, should I post pictures and descriptions of some setups of the drill press, the mill or the saw or jigs made to hold the parts in the right positions to get them welded? If I post that kind of information, where should I post the pictures? In my gallery or attach them directly to the post? I posted to the Daytona Coupe section and attached a couple of shots of my partially completed chasis, but the pictures weren't very big compared to what other people post. How should I go about it? I have read about posting pictures and the file size, but my pictures came out real small, while other pictures that other people have posted are full page. When they have the full page picture, are they within the limits of the file size that you can post? Thanks Mark
I just looked at your address and I'm surprised to see your from mendota, I work in mendota and live in princeton, talk about cool. The build is looking great.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Mike Still working on it . I am slow and it is still only about 35 degrees in the shop. (No heat) If it ever gets warmer I hope to get the chassis finished and get it into primer. The last thing I made was the little scoopes for the cowl. I was also working on the steel skin of the cowl and windshield support. The steel cowl then gets covered with aluminum. You can see some of the progress here My Daytona Coupe (cobra) scratch build - Page 19 - Metal Meet Forums

Werdna65 If you work in Mendota you drive by every day. When and if it ever gets warmer and the garage door is open stop by. I live where the old blue ford wagon sits.

Mark

Last edited by MAStuart; 01-08-2015 at 06:28 PM..
Old 04-12-2014, 05:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: MidStates, 351C, 4spd, 9"
Send a message via AIM to krausewich
Not Ranked     

Hi Mark,
I did lose about an hour and a half at work the other day marveling the updates. Things look awesome! can't wait to see more. Those air scoops came out beautiful. I may be interested in a set of of them for my future build if I don't need to refinance the ol' lady for a set ; ) Til next time!

M. Krause
Old 05-10-2014, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Werdna65 If you work in Mendota you drive by every day. When and if it ever gets warmer and the garage door is open stop by. I live where the old blue ford wagon sits.

Mark[/quote]

Mark, thanks for the tour of the build the work is beyond great. look up info on the lost sixth daytona, owned by Donna O'Hara (there is some good pictures of it that may help. Later Andy
Old 06-08-2014, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

hello! I want to know where to find the dimensions for the body .. I struggled for a long time and not find it anywhere .. I want to start a project ac cobra but I is impossible. I shall be very rescunoscator if you could help me with the dimensions you used the lace from plywood that you have combined to make that model. Thank you!
Old 06-08-2014, 05:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: scratch built 289 eclectic mix of fia/ussrc/early comp
Not Ranked     

http://home.comcast.net/~chuckcobra/...s_for_sale.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertart View Post
hello! I want to know where to find the dimensions for the body .. I struggled for a long time and not find it anywhere .. I want to start a project ac cobra but I is impossible. I shall be very rescunoscator if you could help me with the dimensions you used the lace from plywood that you have combined to make that model. Thank you!
Old 06-08-2014, 07:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Ozgur for posting the link to the info I am using for my build. Chuck has the chassis drawings for the 289 cars and the coupes. He has the drawings for the coupe body buck but I am unsure if he has any drawings for the 289 body buck.

Robertart What car are you wanting to build 427 289 or coupe? Are you wanting to build a body from aluminum?

Mark
Old 06-08-2014, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: scratch built 289 eclectic mix of fia/ussrc/early comp
Not Ranked     

Mark;
as I've remember Chuck used Allied Fiberglass Slabside for his first built

Robert;
I've done my 3D modelling for my eclectic builts; take a look ozgurtan.com
Old 01-08-2015, 04:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4772 old iron FE
Not Ranked     

Hey Mark the rear lower control arms have a sleeve bearing on the inside of the end bushings with a counterbore and a seal at each end. More detail or sizes needed let me know. I looked at a hinge and see 4 x 3/8" long equi-spaced stitch welds top and bottom.

Last edited by mickmate; 01-08-2015 at 06:49 PM..
Old 05-28-2015, 09:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi Nick I haven't looked at my build thread in awhile. The hinge welds where they on an original car or the one you are working on?

Thanks mark
Old 05-28-2015, 10:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I see I haven't posted on my build in a long time. I have been getting a little bit done but have lots of other projects that I have been working on. I will try to post some pictures soon.

I also wanted to mention that there is a book that came out last fall by William Longyard Sheet Metal Fab for Car Builders. Bill did a chapter on my build. In the chapter I show how I went about shaping the metal for the cowl on the Daytona Coupe.

I will try to post more soon

Mark
120mm likes this.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratchbuild, 289 FIA Replica
Not Ranked     

Thanks for posting the build details, and for our phone conversation tonight. I'd love to come and look at your cars in the next few weeks to get measurements and ideas.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: