Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

We've already established that I have a REAL Cobra, not a replica, per the Registry. Ask Evan, my attorney.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, MKIII, Carbed 351w 400hp
Not Ranked     

You're right, we don't have jobs, but are still able to afford these "replica" cars.... what a jerk.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCR GT 40 & 1966 Fairlane 390 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Smile

I just received this PM

Dear Dwight,

You have received a new private message at Club Cobra from sfe1234, entitled "CSX2568".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
Hello. I am just curious what moron gave you the idea to post a blog on this Mickey Mouse replica website that CSX2568 was never sold at Barrett and that it never changed hands??? When you write an opinion on these ridiculous websites, you MIGHT want to check out your facts before you put something in writing as lawsuits are very expensive. I am the new owner of CSX2568 and yes, it is for sale. The car was grossly undersold at Barrett, a no reserve auction and now it is available for the general public. Please refrain from unfounded speculation about other peoples property in the future. If you have any issues with the car or myself, please contact me. SFE1234
If you will look at my post, I just asked if the buyer bought his car back. Everyone knows that it sold to cheap. Why would you blow my ass out about asking a question??????????????

SFE 1234
I think you own me an apology.

Dwight
Old 11-13-2009, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, 1964 289->Webers
Not Ranked     

Jeez! Someone only has one feeling left & it's been hurt!
Old 11-13-2009, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

I'm not sure about this car. It sounds a lot like Ray Quinlan's that was untouched and still had the original patina. It sold for about $300K+ at B-J earlier this year. I thought it sold so cheaply because one of the greedy offspring was making a side deal with someone. I don't recall the CSX# but it was tied up in estate issues for years after Ray died. He had a bunch of original cars in the years I knew him including a '53 'vette he donated to the Corvette museum, an original Avanti and some others. It was the 289 Cobra that really brought out the greed though. Paint was original, cracking and losing adhesion to the aluminum. I can remember him forbidding anyone from wiping off old bird sh!t. He said he didn't want to remove the original "patina", he was an interesting man. If this 289 is close to that, it probably was underpriced.
That doesn't excuse displays of arrogance, but he did say his lawyer is "Real One", so what would you expect.(I realized it was another post that claimed Evan as his attorney, my mistake)
By the way, I do have a job and if I had any liking for Shelby the man I could be interested. I don't even need financing. But since I think he is such a butthead, I'll drive my SPF's and be no less happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfe1234 View Post
Just a small message to all you "EXPERTS" that have all that inside information on CSX2568. The car WAS grossly undersold at the BJ auction for the $440,000. Every real Cobra guy that KNOWS the car, beleives the car should be in the $550,000 to $700,000 range.
believes is spelled ie not ei. Maybe that extra dough can get some spelling education for you.

Last edited by Woodz428; 11-13-2009 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: error
Old 11-13-2009, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports, 427w
Not Ranked     

I just hope sfe1234 owns the car for a very, very long time!
Hurricane Motorsports #1053; 427w
Old 11-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfe1234 View Post
Just a small message to all you "EXPERTS" that have all that inside information on CSX2568. The car WAS grossly undersold at the BJ auction for the $440,000. Every real Cobra guy that KNOWS the car, beleives the car should be in the $550,000 to $700,000 range. Seller HAD to sell the car due to the no reserve policy at Barrett. Not a happy seller as he was expecting around $600-700k range. For all of you replica owners that like to blog on these sites, get a life. For all of you others that are speculating with no facts, I am the new owner. It is in Florida and it is for sale. It is the real thing and as soon as you all get jobs, you may be able to afford it. Remember, be careful what you write...lawsuits are expensive! SFE1234
I think this guy needs to get a life. Nobody here gives a flyin' duck about this guy and (his?) car. I don't think he even owns a car.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

I wish I had moderator rights, so I could hear that flushing sound when I canceled his membership to our exclusive club.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 11-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
OK, so if the car traveled to the BJ auction and may or may not be in Miami, how has it not traveled more than 100 miles from the City of San Francisco in its lifetime.
Yes, I'm quoting myself, since I received a harassing PM from this gentleman too. Among other things mentioned, calling me a "wizard of geography" and threatening to sue me.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Crendon 427 S/C 428 FE+toploader
Not Ranked     

Hey sfe1234, i see you are too scared to post your own name, but you like to threaten lawsuits.

be a man and grow up, you cock.

Last edited by KevinW; 11-13-2009 at 03:35 PM..
Old 11-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yes, I'm quoting myself, since I received a harassing PM from this gentleman too. Among other things mentioned, calling me a "wizard of geography" and threatening to sue me.
Weird...now I got an IM from the guy.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 11-13-2009, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs down

Mr Big-shot here has a small, two-bit car lot on a side street in Miami.
http://www.sfecollection.com/index.htm
Old 11-13-2009, 05:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

His website says the "Original owner was Jacuzzi of the hot tub fame."

So not Ray Quinlan's car, apparently.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile Butthead and Bevis

I live in a neighborhood full of lawyers, two live next door. Friends with a lot of lawyers and judges. A lawsuit does not scare me!

This guy must be stupid. We have over 28,000 members world wide and lots of visitors to this site. A lot of them could pay $600,000 for a car. A lot have Real Shelby's.

You would think he would just explain who he is and give details about the car to help sell it. Now everyone thinks he is a butt head!

Dwight
Old 11-13-2009, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
Now everyone thinks he is a butt head!

Dwight
Thinks?
Matt
Old 11-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

I can heard him now,

"IF YOU DON"T BUY THIS CAR FROM ME, I'M GOING TO SUIT YOU".
Old 11-13-2009, 07:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2008 Shelby GT500
Not Ranked     

Well he sent me a “love note” too. Here it is and my reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfe1234
Has anyone ever bought a car at an auction and made money on it? Has anyone that you know of ever bought an assett, home, diamond, car etc under what its worth and sold it for market value? I would like for you to THINK before you blog about someone else's car on that Mickey Mouse replica website that you use. I am the owner of CSX2568 and if you have an issue with the car or it being on sale for its true market value, contact me at sfe1234@aol.com. Otherwise, keep your speculation to yourself. Thanks, SFE1234
You sir are an idiot. Who cares if you really do own CSX2568. I don't. I think you are a fool to believe you can buy a car at B-J and pay a 10% premium and then turn around and try to sell it for a 150K profit. “True market value” is what the market will bear. Seems to me 440K is the “true market value” of the car. Good luck to you in trying to get more for it. I did “THINK” before I posted my comments on the “Mickey Mouse replica website”. If we are so “Mickey Mouse” why do you care what we think or say? And I won’t “keep my speculation” to myself. I’m entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. Also, don't go threatening people with law suits. No one here has made a slanderous statement regarding “your” car.

Regards, FIA Mike
Old 11-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
... I received a harassing PM from this gentleman too. Among other things ... threatening to sue me.
That's enough right there to terminate this thread.

thanks
ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Closed Thread