Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

You mean mileage affects the price of Ferrari's?

That must be why you can't find one with over 30k miles.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Damn, another day I should have walked to work. That commute cost me plenty.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Those Ferrari prices you quote must be for their hardtops, which I personally would never buy. I would have to own a 360 Spyder, if I ever did buy one.
You know what they say about guys who buy convertible Ferrari don't you ?
SDR
________
Jaguar Xj Picture

Last edited by somedayaurora; 02-21-2011 at 04:12 PM..
Old 03-01-2010, 01:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Go

Red you have a Fcar ?
SDR
________
CHEVROLET NOVA

Last edited by somedayaurora; 02-21-2011 at 04:12 PM..
Old 03-08-2010, 01:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

I will definitely do a side -by-side comparison with my CSX and the SPF.

The battery cables in the CSX were marked "hecho-en-taiwan". so Bob pulled them out. I was hoping to fins some that say krikham motorsports, but i cant find a complete legnth of it.

Oddly , we also have some parts on my car marked 4984, as opposed to 4985.

I will be taking photos as we build and modify so others can learn / get ideas.
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 03-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Dealer cost vs. retail is so low it is not even funny - Also, call your local friendly factory authorized shelby cobra dealer, today, and see how many CSX 6000 cars he has in stock - The law of supply and demand has caught up and there are very few dealers that have any inventory at all

And, oh yes, if you are a factory authorized Shelby Cobra dealer and you sell a CSX roller for less then MSRP ($ 49,995.00 + options) you will lose your dealership - It is very closely watched by SAI and Shelby licensing.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen_becker View Post
Dealer cost vs. retail is so low it is not even funny - Also, call your local friendly factory authorized shelby cobra dealer, today, and see how many CSX 6000 cars he has in stock - The law of supply and demand has caught up and there are very few dealers that have any inventory at all

And, oh yes, if you are a factory authorized Shelby Cobra dealer and you sell a CSX roller for less then MSRP ($ 49,995.00 + options) you will lose your dealership - It is very closely watched by SAI and Shelby licensing.
Okay. I've asked this before, but isn't controlling or telling a distributor to sell a product at a specific price called "price fixing?"

I can see where distributors can't advertise a price lower than MSRP, but if you want to sell something below cost and lose your axx, it's your own business.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 03-13-2010, 08:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

I checked with several dealers back in January and you are right there were not many in stock but I didn't get the impression it was because they were selling fast. The $49K doesn't sound too bad but the key as you stated is +options. Several guys here in Dallas bought some not to long ago and the price was low to mid $40s with a lot of options like stripes. I was looking to do my 6th Cobra (Kirkham FIA my last one) and was interested until I saw the total price with options...........
Old 03-18-2010, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Still Working on This
Not Ranked     
Default Again, Thank You for the Inputs

The base asking price for a Shelby CSX 4000/6000 series does not include a recommended $12k (+/-) installation kit as well of course, a very rich set of optional extras.

At least in my case, and again it is only part of my decision criteria, is the whole value discussion. Somehow, spending upwards of $61k (CSX list plus the intall kit) for a roller, even when considering it is a Shelby, just seems to be off. Small block (Boss 302 crate engine/stroked out plus simulated weber fuel injection system) would cost another $14.5 to $15K and then of course have to get the transmission. So, just in parts I am easily pushing $80k.

Good news is that I would have a Shelby Cobra after everything is done and said, bad news is that it is still a very expensive, fiberglass copy (remembering that for me, only CSX 2000 through CSX 3000 are real).

Again, this is just the process I am going through at the moment and no intent to imply that this is the only way to think about it.

Given times though, above still seems a bit frivolous.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6022, navy blue, period correct 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeutsch View Post
The base asking price for a Shelby CSX 4000/6000 series does not include a recommended $12k (+/-) installation kit as well of course, a very rich set of optional extras.
One thing to note, that $12k installation kit, or "runner kit as Planet Cobra calls it" includes the transmission, bell housing, clutch, headers, side pipes, drive shaft, etc - the vast majority of the other power train components you will need other than the engine. Just thought I should mentioned that as you seemed to be double counting a few items like the transmission.

www.partskeeper.com
(Less time searching, more time wrenching & driving)
Old 03-18-2010, 08:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Thanks for Clarification

Doug, thanks for clarification as I was not exactly sure what it contained.

Bob
Old 03-18-2010, 06:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

That $ 12K is about $6K to high. Typical double the price margin setting.....
Old 03-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsharapa View Post
That $ 12K is about $6K to high. Typical double the price margin setting.....
If you want to spend the time chasing down all of the parts, you'll end up returning/exchanging half of them. You might save $2K but you'll lose your sanity in the process.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 04-22-2010, 01:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quick update on my last item. Shelby Distribution sent price lists out last Tuesday (April 20, 2010) on CSX4000/6000 Fiberglass and CSX4000/6000 Aluminum Rolling Chassis. Basic fiberglass roller remains $49,995. Something I did not notice before was an additional $1k listed for dealer prep and destination charges (again, I may have missed this on earlier looks).

Aluminum has an MSRP of $124,995 + the mentioned $1k destination/prep charges.

Bob
Old 04-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Quick update on my last item. Shelby Distribution sent price lists out last Tuesday (April 20, 2010) on CSX4000/6000 Fiberglass and CSX4000/6000 Aluminum Rolling Chassis. Basic fiberglass roller remains $49,995. Something I did not notice before was an additional $1k listed for dealer prep and destination charges (again, I may have missed this on earlier looks).

Aluminum has an MSRP of $124,995 + the mentioned $1k destination/prep charges.

Bob
Did they say when they might be having a sale? Layaway plans?
Old 04-22-2010, 03:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Black CSX 4910, Roush 511 8 stack
Not Ranked     

But that $49995 is stripped without options. Shelby charges for options like glovebox, heater, stripes, roundels, ceramic sidepipes, 42 gallon tank, leather, battery disconnect(dealer option, not shelby)Map Pockets, quick jacks or bumpers etc. Before you know it the roller willset you back between $55K and $65000 before the install of the powertrain and the powertrain itself.
Ron
Old 04-22-2010, 03:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes. Add the $1k destination/prep charges and you hit $50,995 out of the box plus appropriate taxes of course. When you look at options, as you mention, full boat, you could add another $20k to the fiberglass model before even talking about the engine or transmission. Even more for the aluminum version.

That be alot of money...not arguing value, just saying that be alot of money for a copy (remembering that I define original as being limited to CSX 2000 or 3000 series & it is ok to disagree with me).
Old 04-22-2010, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4000; Shelby aluminum FE with 58mm IDAs
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yes. Add the $1k destination/prep charges and you hit $50,995 out of the box plus appropriate taxes of course. When you look at options, as you mention, full boat, you could add another $20k to the fiberglass model before even talking about the engine or transmission. Even more for the aluminum version.

That be alot of money...not arguing value, just saying that be alot of money for a copy (remembering that I define original as being limited to CSX 2000 or 3000 series & it is ok to disagree with me).
So when are you going to stop contemplating and just buy the used Ferrari?

Then you can b!tch about the $10,000+ services required on the Ferrari.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Go

Don't forget the $12,000.00 " highly recommended " install kit - Still a Shelby replica seems cooler than a "place name here" replica .
SDR
________
Hot Box Vape

Last edited by somedayaurora; 02-21-2011 at 04:25 PM..
Old 04-22-2010, 05:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Think I am stuck in an analysis paralysis black hole...plus figuring out ways to keep "she who must be obeyed" reasonably ok with whatever I end up doing....