Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2016, 09:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     
Default CSX4787 for sale on Bring a Trailer

"This 1965 Shelby 427 S/C Cobra Continuation is chassis number CSX4787 with 845 miles from new. It is titled as a 1965 Shelby Cobra and finished in Guardsman Blue with Wimbledon White LeMans stripes. Continuation Cobras with chassis numbers CSX4001-4999 were built over roughly 20 years, with CSX4999 ending the run in 2009. This fiberglass-bodied example has been with the seller 6 years, and reportedly remains in its 2003 as-built condition. The body, frame and suspension were delivered by Shelby Automobiles, Inc., and the engine built by Blue Oval Performance. The 427ci V-8 is a date-correct NOS side-oiler, built to 600hp with dyno tests confirming 480hp at the wheels. The engine is mated to a Ford Toploader 4-speed manual. Build highlights include a Shelby 3.54:1 diff, Baer racing brakes, Trigo 15″ wheels with stainless knock-offs, and black leather S/C Package interior. Services just completed by Tom’s Motorsports of Las Vegas totaled $5,300, and included re-sealing of axles and gearbox, new high torque starter, new fuel cell/certification, and complete tuning to tolerances as new. The car is sold with build spec sheet, copy of Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO), photos from Shelby/Blue Oval, original invoices, and detailed engine Blueprint and dyno test data. It is sold with a clean Montana title."

Current bidding is @ $60K. More info and photos at bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-shelby-american-427-sc-cobra/
Old 12-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
"The 427ci V-8 is a date-correct NOS side-oiler, built to 600hp with dyno tests confirming 480hp at the wheels. The engine is mated to a Ford Toploader 4-speed manual. Build highlights include a Shelby 3.54:1 diff, Baer racing brakes, Trigo 15."
Gosh, I sure hope the dates on the Toploader and differential match the date-correct NOS side-oiler. If I were an interested party, I'd also make sure the carb, intake and heads match too.

And hopefully, the engine builder utilized one of those original "Lamaze" camshafts that Patrick used, letter F or something.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of Long Live the Bow tie Contemporary #102 427 Chevy .30 over Merlin heads 11to1, TBI injection
Not Ranked     

That's a nice Kit Car
cycleguy55 likes this.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Gosh, I sure hope the dates on the Toploader and differential match the date-correct NOS side-oiler. If I were an interested party, I'd also make sure the carb, intake and heads match too.

And hopefully, the engine builder utilized one of those original "Lamaze" camshafts that Patrick used, letter F or something.
They'd only be date-correct if they were marked 2003.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
They'd only be date-correct if they were marked 2003.
Nothing else on the car, besides the NOS block, is date coded, but I guess I'm supposed to be all excited as a potential buyer because it has an NOS block.

Come to think of it, the aftermarket Pond and Shelby blocks are so scarce right now, I'd value the seller's car more if it had a Pond or Shelby block.

Building an "accurate replica" is a hobby for many folks out there. Though in this case, CSX 4787 is FIBERGLASS!

"Accurate replicas" appear to sell for higher prices. But I still don't understand the behavior. To each their own.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Nothing else on the car, besides the NOS block, is date coded, but I guess I'm supposed to be all excited as a potential buyer because it has an NOS block.

Come to think of it, the aftermarket Pond and Shelby blocks are so scarce right now, I'd value the seller's car more if it had a Pond or Shelby block.

Building an "accurate replica" is a hobby for many folks out there. Though in this case, CSX 4787 is FIBERGLASS!

"Accurate replicas" appear to sell for higher prices. But I still don't understand the behavior. To each their own.
Blocks are back in stock. Lower the price. Lol
Old 12-06-2016, 02:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
Blocks are back in stock. Lower the price. Lol
Hey! Shhhh. Let's keep telling everyone they're scare. My Shelby block is uber rare. In fact, it's one-of-a-kind. It's the ONLY Shelby block stamped by Shelby himself as #931. I have a picture of Shelby actually stamping it.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Hey! Shhhh. Let's keep telling everyone they're scare. My Shelby block is uber rare. In fact, it's one-of-a-kind. It's the ONLY Shelby block stamped by Shelby himself as #931. I have a picture of Shelby actually stamping it.
What does Shelby recommend for motor oil - Genuine Shelby Snake Oil?
Old 12-07-2016, 08:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Based on the CSX number where was this car's chassis/body built.... LV, Mexico, or S Africa?

Good looking car from the pics... interesting to see the final sell price.

Last edited by E5USMC; 12-07-2016 at 09:09 AM..
Old 12-07-2016, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4***
Not Ranked     

Mexico
Old 12-07-2016, 11:48 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
... yeah, yeah, yeah, what the hell does Patrick know anyway. But with less than a thousand miles on it and it needed "re-sealing of axles and gearbox" ????
Old 12-07-2016, 12:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2660, FE-406
Not Ranked     

Quote:

CEERIIIIST, will ya give the poor bastard some slack he's just tryin to sell the freakin car.
Detroit Bill likes this.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim7139 View Post
CEERIIIIST, will ya give the poor bastard some slack he's just tryin to sell the freakin car.
1. Tune out or ignore any of my comments here, if desired, but no "slack" given here.
B. This is a Internet forum, where we make comments.
iii). My comments are made here on ClubCobra. I've made no comments on the seller's actual ad on BaT. Have you read those comments in the seller's ad? Some are ignorant, some are insulting, some are constructive and some are rude. But you won't see Word 1 from me on a seller's actual ad.

So, please spare me. He's not selling the car here on ClubCobra. He paid for an ad on BaT and he doesn't even bother to answer any relevant questions over there. Give the seller "slack" on a completely separate forum in a discussion area? Puh-leeze.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
... yeah, yeah, yeah, what the hell does Patrick know anyway. But with less than a thousand miles on it and it needed "re-sealing of axles and gearbox" ????
Well, Patrick is a Wabi sabi expert.

As for the axles and gearbox needing to be resealed with less than 1,000 miles, don't seals age? The car was built around 2003 or so.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2660, FE-406
Not Ranked     

Quote:
1. Tune out or ignore any of my comments here, if desired, but no "slack" given here.
B. This is a Internet forum, where we make comments.
iii). My comments are made here on ClubCobra. I've made no comments on the seller's actual ad on BaT. Have you read those comments in the seller's ad? Some are ignorant, some are insulting, some are constructive and some are rude. But you won't see Word 1 from me on a seller's actual ad.

So, please spare me. He's not selling the car here on ClubCobra. He paid for an ad on BaT and he doesn't even bother to answer any relevant questions over there. Give the seller "slack" on a completely separate forum in a discussion area? Puh-leeze.
Yes I understand, however, perhaps you should entertain the idea that not every owner is the type of enthusiast that hangs out here or this may not be the original owner.
And besides since this is an internet forum, can I not interject, perhaps the poor soul requires only 10 not the full 30 lashes.
Besides it's been a whole week, shouldn't we be learning more about crossfit and muscleups ?

P.S. I know you're a Cali guy but after 1.....is 2. Just sayin.
twobjshelbys and Al G like this.

Last edited by Tim7139; 12-07-2016 at 01:54 PM..
Old 12-07-2016, 02:08 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Well, Patrick is a Wabi sabi expert.

As for the axles and gearbox needing to be resealed with less than 1,000 miles, don't seals age?
No. They get lubricated from the grease that they keep from leaking on to the floor.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If the miles are true then it hasn't been sitting a lot in past 16 years so it probably had some seal issues.

Heck.... at the current bid he probably has back all the money he invested in 2005... not a bad investment to have a car 10 years and get back 100% of your money back. I'm guessing he will do a lot more than 65k!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Old 12-07-2016, 02:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim7139 View Post
Yes I understand, however, perhaps you should entertain the idea that not every owner is the type of enthusiast that hangs out here or this may not be the original owner.
And besides since this is an internet forum, can I not interject, perhaps the poor soul requires only 10 not the full 30 lashes.
Besides it's been a whole week, shouldn't we be learning more about crossfit and muscleups ?

P.S. I know you're a Cali guy but after 1.....is 2. Just sayin.
Geez, you can't even follow my number 1 in my list. Sheesh!

Yes, interject all you want. Speech is still free around here, at least for a little while longer.

I don't remember mentioning CrossFit or muscleups. What are they?
Old 12-07-2016, 02:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

It's a potential really good deal for the buyer if there is no reserve. If the GT was gone I'd buy it myself. I was going to suggest the seller abandon it and move to Cobra Country but you have to sign up as a bidder and I won't give them a credit card. My prediction is some will buy it and flip it and it will appear on CC within a few weeks.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 12-07-2016 at 02:18 PM..
Old 12-07-2016, 02:25 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
It's a potential really good deal for the buyer if there is no reserve. If the GT was gone I'd buy it myself. I was going to suggest the seller abandon it and move to Cobra Country but you have to sign up as a bidder and I won't give them a credit card. My prediction is some will buy it and flip it and it will appear on CC within a few weeks.
Being on a few forums, the BaT auctions tend to be quite successful for the seller. And the buyers can't be sniped AFAIK. Also, while CobraCountry is a good place to advertise your car, if you have time and patience, the BaT auctions can/will sell your fast. CobraCountry could take months.

The negative is that every Tom, Dick and Harry are allowed to comment and often their comments are rude, ignorant and stupid. But if you don't have to answer them either.