Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shelby American, Inc.

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2003, 03:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX Cars
Not Ranked     

Bill,

It is really very simple, if the LV cars value has gone down so has your SPF. SPF will have to lower their price substantially since they are not offering an apples to apples car to the latest SAI fiberglass car. Short list so I do not here all of the B.S. (Fuel Cell, Higher Roll bar, Parking brakes that work, killer rear end)

Allan
Old 08-21-2003, 04:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Resale...

It seems to me that Cobra replica (non-60s) resale value, and supply vs. demaind is going to get increasingly more interesting over the next 5-10 years. More and more new replicas are made each year now... the true value is in owning it, not when you sell it, regardless of what you paid for it or have into it. Enjoy

Last edited by decooney; 08-21-2003 at 05:56 PM..
Old 08-21-2003, 05:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Edited to stay on topic!

IF I could license one here, I would sell both my cars and buy a SAI CAV in a heart beat. Maybe someday I'll move to the mainland and do just that!

Ernie

Last edited by Excaliber; 08-21-2003 at 05:30 PM..
Old 08-21-2003, 05:17 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Saw a great example of the crashworthiness of the Z06. A year or so ago a wrecker was auctioning off a totalled Z06 that had been involved in a high speed head-on collision. The front of the car was crunched up and twisted something awful, but there was absolutely no intrusion whatsoever into the cockpit. Both airbags deployed, and reportedly both occupants survived with much less in the way of injuries than they probably deserved. Hey but I still want a Cobra again, or a GT40, or a Coupe, or all of 'em.

TT
Old 08-21-2003, 05:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Gentlemen... as mentioned earlier, the intention of this thread is to allow a Q & A on the new CAV-CSX with the Manufacturer.

Please discuss prior prison cars, Short lists of the B.S., my Excalibur and the crashworthiness of the Z06 on other or new threads.

Thanks
ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Old 08-22-2003, 06:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham or the Evil Empire. Do kids NEED college?
Not Ranked     

ron- good luck keeping this train on the tracks.
pk
Old 08-22-2003, 10:33 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default This is not a Z06 post.

If anyone learns where we can see one of the new cars in the flesh, that would be great. I'm with the camp that would like to look one over carefully before deciding.

End of non-Z06 post.

TT
Old 08-22-2003, 10:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

TT -
Old 08-22-2003, 12:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former Owner/Builder of KMP142 427 Sideoiler, Tunnel Wedge, Aluminum heads, etc.
Not Ranked     
Default Picky...picky...picky

[quote]Originally posted by brentfenimore

All eight Daytona Coupe bodies were built in Italy under a contract with Shelby American, including the Coupe that was built out by AC and the Super Coupe that was started in 1965 but not completed by Shelby American.

Brent:

Just for the record, the body for Daytona Coupe #2287 was fabricated at California Metal Shaping in - you guessed it - California. The remaining Daytona bodies were fabbed in Italy, as you said.

I believe that the majority of the work on the Super Coupe was done by Radfords in the UK (a GT40 interior supplier), later to be brought back to the US in a deplorable state and finished by Pete Brock and Mike Dupudja. I don't believe that car ever saw sunny Italy, at least from a fabrication standpoint. If I am incorrect, please let me know.

BTW, congrats on the new CAV car. Can't wait to see one.

Bandit: You are welcome. Actually, though, the proper location for the batteries is behind the passengers seat. Not the safest, but proper.

Going back to work, now.

Bud
Old 08-22-2003, 01:24 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     
Default Not to mention...

...that the AC "A98" coupe as well as the Willement Coupe were built in Jolly Old, not in spaghettiville.

But only us sickos would know such stuff, I mean I wouldn't expect Shelby to have copy of the registry to refer to......

Rick

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 08-23-2003, 11:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bud,

I believe you are correct about the first car body fab work.

I stand behind the AC Coupe and the Supercoupe bodies being built in Italy, I have copies of the invoices recieved from Carroll's friends in Italy on both cars. The cars were finished in the UK however it is my understanding from Carroll that the bodies and their structure were fabricated in Italy.

As with a lot of the history of the Cobra there are five sides to every story, Ned does a fine job in the registry however I would not consider it to be 100% accurate on all issues.

R Brent Fenimore
Old 08-23-2003, 11:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Cobra history, a fascinating tale and I do love a good mystery. LOL

Ernie
Old 08-30-2003, 09:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question Data plate

Hey Brent:

Just Curious.. Will the data plate show that these new 4000's are built in Las Vegas (USA) or will it show built in South Africa? The reason I ask is that my dealer says there is an assmbly plant at the port of entry.... Like most USA cars, alot of the parts are made in foreign countries, but assembled here... Hope thats what Shelby is doing to keep the made in the USA data plate. What say you?

Smooter
Old 08-31-2003, 06:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4761, KCR Shelby Alloy 496,760hp
Send a message via AIM to misfit41
Not Ranked     

Brent,
I agreed to buy one of thse cars from a dealer in TX yesterday via ebay,to ask in laymans terms,would the average well read cobra buff from this site notice any difference in these cars versus a LV produced car if he walked up to one ?things like underhood panels,pedal box assy,dash layout,bulkhead/roll bar,interior trunk trim panels,etc etc etc,am I going to feel like I am in a csx car ?lastly,what are the odds that when I send my deposit,the dealer will be aable to deliver a quality car in the time period specified,{90-120 days} thanks for your help,,Tk

"this whole Adult thing just isnt working for me "
Old 08-31-2003, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP329 w/KC489 Shelby
Not Ranked     

TK,

Excellent question!!! My 25% deposit and I anxiously await the answer.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

TK and All,

As I mentioned earlier the CSX4000 has not been changed except for the following:

Aluminum Uprights, Front & Rear
Upper Control Arm Configuration, Front
Adjustable Pedal Position (same box with 1" of adjustment)
Lowered Seat Position (same basic seat design lowered by 2")

The car you are buying is a CSX4000 and will drive like the original 1965 427 S/C however it will handle a lot better on the track and street due to improvements in braking and suspension.

If you order your car today I can comfortably say you will recieve it within 120 days. This is not intended to get everyone to get deposit money down, this is a major investment and we understand people wanting to see the product in person before making a decision, however we are getting buried with orders so the lead time will be increasing on a daily basis. Make sure you ask the dealer you are working with to check with the factory and get back to you on a more specific ETA.

I thank all of you for your intrest in the new program and will try to keep you abreast of the status of the program on a weekly basis.

R Brent Fenimore
Old 09-02-2003, 08:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

sounds good Brent,,I spoke to Paul,and Bob Marsh this morning,I think everyone is making too big a deal actually,from what I can gather,the biggest change is just the point of manufacture,no one seems to care that their ford car could be made in Mexico,or Canada for that matter so maybe this shouldnt be that much different,we will see,My check is in the mail,.thanks,Tk

Old 09-02-2003, 08:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ps,,do csx cars currently come with oil coolers and twin fans,or is that optional ? thanks,Tk

Old 09-02-2003, 10:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by brentfenimore

TK and All,

As I mentioned earlier the CSX4000 has not been changed except for the following:

Aluminum Uprights, Front & Rear
Upper Control Arm Configuration, Front
Adjustable Pedal Position (same box with 1" of adjustment)
Lowered Seat Position (same basic seat design lowered by 2")

The car you are buying is a CSX4000 and will drive like the original 1965 427 S/C however it will handle a lot better on the track and street due to improvements in braking and suspension.

Mr. Fenimore:

You list the 4 items above and say that their the only changes to the CSX4000, but then later you say the "braking" system is improved. Could you please explain ALL of the differences in the "original" Cobra and the aluminum CSX's and the difference between the aluminum CSX4000's and the CAV CSX4000 Cobra's (I am not sure if you are saying that the 4 items above are the difference between the "original" Cobra's and the CSX4000 series or if this is the difference between the CSX4000 series and the CAV CSX4000 series Cobra's).

I am trying to find this imformation for a friends dad that is interested in a Shelby Cobra. He was all ready to purchase a aluminum CSX, but he may have some friends interested in the CAV CSX Cobra.
Old 09-02-2003, 10:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tk:
Thank you for your call this morning. There are a number of questions that will be addressed as they come up.

You have my phone number so call and if I am not there please leave a message I'll return the call.

702-643-3000 ext 14
Cell 702 400-8543

Thank you again.

Bob Marsh