Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2007, 11:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Kris

Speaking of the 7--- cars, do you have any pictures of 7001? I know a bunch were taken when I was in Vegas with the frame and body. I have changed computers so many times in the last 8 years I can't find any.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 01-29-2007, 11:55 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

RedCSX1
your absoulutely correct, you have no idea why i have a beef with the carrol shelby / sai..........so you and i should leave it at that, thank you. as for the alternator bracket it's like any other piece out there for these cars.........

Last edited by csx700?; 01-29-2007 at 12:54 PM..
Old 01-29-2007, 01:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Legate
Huh? I thought HiTech had a contract to build the (genuine) "Shelby Daytona Coupe"? My brain hurts.....
I believe you are correct. Hillbank Motors in SoCal (the owner is the ceo of SPF) has "Shelby Daytona Coupes" in their showroom. They even built a car for Shelby himself that was a replica of his original #98 car. From what I have been told Shelby signed off on the Brock / SPF coupe and therefor the car can and is called a "Shelby Daytona Coupe" and the cars will be in the registry.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

From Hillbanks website...

Shelby Cobra
Daytona Coupe

The Coupe originally referred to as the “Daytona Car” officially obtained its name while being prepared for the Daytona race. Original there were only six Daytona Coupe’s built and were designed by Peter Brock while working for Carroll Shelby. The Daytona Coupe was the first and only American made car to ever win the World Manufacturer’s Championship for Grand Touring race cars and transformed American road racing. The Daytona Cobra Coupe also set 23 International USAC/FIA records, at Sebring 12 hours of endurance. The record set was an amazing 150-mph for 12 hours.

Superformance (Jim Price) engaged in discussions with Peter Brock to design a street version of the Coupe to increase the Superformance Product line. The New Superformance Coupe boasts with sleek lines, and a contoured body which is slightly larger than that of the original race car. It has an engineered and improved suspension which was overseen by Roush engineering (Bob Negstad and Dan Bamford) and larger interior space as well. Wes Schulz of ACT performing the finite element analysis.

The Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe by Superformance resulted in a grand tourer designed for street application combining modern technology with old time grace and classical style and is built under license from Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 SC
Send a message via AIM to kris-kincaid Send a message via Skype™ to kris-kincaid
Not Ranked     

I have nothing on 7001. I found this photo by Googling. BTW, Tom's Motorsports finally got the car about 2 years ago and finished it just recently

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOSMS
Kris

Speaking of the 7--- cars, do you have any pictures of 7001? I know a bunch were taken when I was in Vegas with the frame and body. I have changed computers so many times in the last 8 years I can't find any.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 01-29-2007, 04:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Legate
Thank you for your reply Anthony, I am very familiar with the Brock car, but I beg to differ...... www.shelbydaytonacobra.co.uk - and click on 'The Company'
You're right. The Shelby-Superformance thing is really kind of recent. Benson has been doing this coupe project for several years now, long before SAI developed a relationship with Superformance, so I tend to think of Benson's coupes as the current "genuine SAI Daytona Coupes", as opposed to the Brock coupes, which they are now as well. Benson's coupes are mechanically the same as the original, except for the body, where the Superformance coupes are a completely different car, although my wife could not probably tell the difference if they were painted the same color.
"After jumping into an early lead, Miles pitted for no reason. He let the entire field go by before re-entering the race. The crowd was jumping up and down as he stunned the Chevrolet drivers by easily passing the entire field to finish second behind MacDonald's other team Cobra. The Corvette people were completely demoralized."
Old 01-30-2007, 09:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here is a link about the SPF (Shelby) coupe that sold at BJ...

http://www.secondstrike.com/InTheNew...BJ_PB_2006.htm
Old 01-30-2007, 10:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Alum bodied CSX4266, fuel injected alloy 472, 663 hp Engine built by Dralle. Suspension by Tom Barnard
Not Ranked     

Name:  CSX7001.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  38.5 KBCSX7001 was completed last mid-summer and now lives in Kansas City. It is currently back at Tom's Motorsports in Las Vegas for a few additional items.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 S.O. Dual Quad / Cobra undecided
Not Ranked     

The March issue of Car and Driver has an interesting review of the Superformance Brock Coupe with some observations from Pete Brock.
It is at the bottom of the comparison list of the cars it competed against but still spoke of well, even though they refer to it at one point as being prehistoric.
They couldn't really air it out due to the Roush power plant shooting craps at test time.
I am having trouble understanding the difference between a Shelby CSX coupe and a Superformance coupe, can someone please enlighten me?
Old 01-30-2007, 11:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Brock Coupe #88, Keith Craft 427w
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineslinger
I am having trouble understanding the difference between a Shelby CSX coupe and a Superformance coupe, can someone please enlighten me?
My guess is around $150k.

Doug, SPC088
Old 01-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 S.O. Dual Quad / Cobra undecided
Not Ranked     

Thats it?
A name plate and a lot of cash?
Are they built on a different set of plans or what?
Sorry, I got in on this thread late and haven't read but a couple of the earlier quotes that were pretty hot...are both of these cars built by Superformance?
Old 01-30-2007, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Brock Coupe #88, Keith Craft 427w
Not Ranked     

My comment was tongue in cheek. I know that SPF is looking at producing aluminum bodied coupes, but my impression was that they would going to be sold as SPF's and the rollers were going to be around $150k. I have not heard anything about them being sold as CSX cars.

Doug, c088
Old 01-30-2007, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The SPF Coupe is now reffered to as a Shelby Daytona Coupe since Shelby signed off on the project. The car is registry eligible and is built under license from Carroll Shelby. The MK111's are also built under license from Shelby but are not registry eligible unless you buy one of the SPF's that are to be designated as CSX cars (which do have some differences). As far as I know all the SPF coupes are the same. It is all a little confusing imo...
Old 02-01-2007, 08:08 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

in the latest "snake bite" news letter the first 7000 series daytona coupe csx7062 is being offered for sale. the add reads as follows:
"csx7062, daytona coupe. 1st finished car of 10 coupes to be built W/PERMISION FROM SHELBY. for info please contact shelby dealer lee benson, all pro cars.............".
Old 02-01-2007, 08:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

They both look nice to me

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp