Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Shell Valley Companies

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2003, 11:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4761, KCR Shelby Alloy 496,760hp
Send a message via AIM to misfit41
Not Ranked     

Hi Greg,
Thats what I am into now,I already purchased the narrowed A arms and trigos,now I am going to attempt narrowing the rear end,I have done a couple in the past myself,it really isnt hard with a home made jig.and of course having a shop respline and shorten the axles,but this thing is so compact I may have it done,My goal is to gain enough to remove or at least narrow the rear fender lip and lower the ride height,I will let you know here how it comes out,, Tim

"this whole Adult thing just isnt working for me "
Old 12-12-2003, 04:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Shell Valley

I have had my Shell Valley on the road for three years. I've had nothing but great times with the car. Shell Valley is one of the best companies I have ever delt with and their customer support is nothing short of outstanding! A car is only as authentic as the builder wants to make it. The only problem I have ever had with my car is "Dirty Harry's" is the same color.
Old 01-01-2004, 05:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Southern Automotive 351C, Toploader
Not Ranked     

I am about 30 days away from completing my SV. Good kit with outstanding customer service. Good folk to deal with.
Old 01-01-2004, 08:33 PM
heavy hauler
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley stroked 342
Not Ranked     

I guess I need to sign in here I also have a Shell Valley, have been very please with there service after sales, I am also running Trigos, have put the narrowed a arms on the front but have yet to narrow the rear end, would like to run the car first then decide what I need to do

Thanks Mike
Old 01-01-2004, 10:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley- smallblock grenade w/ the pin pulled
Not Ranked     

I didn't know I had to sign in....well here I am, late again...reminds me of when I was in school.
Oh yeah, what's with all this about narrowing the SV rearends? Have things changed since my chassis was built?(1990) I presently have 29x12.5 tires under the quarters, and have had 14x32 slicks under there at one time. I sometimes wonder if SV has redesigned any of the things I was unhappy with during my build.

Last edited by maxrpm; 01-01-2004 at 10:36 PM..
Old 01-02-2004, 05:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

I guess I'll throw my $.02 in here too...I thought I had originally posted to this thread...but I guess not.

I received my SV on July 4th, 03. I'm very pleased thus far...like everyone else has said, the SV guys are to be commended for their help and service.

Like misfit, I've been doing some things too, to aid in the originality of the car...moving the steering column down...cutting the fiberglass dash out, and putting in an aluminum replica...etc...I also noticed that the tires stick out like a 4-wheel drive, but I'm just gonna play with the wheel offset a little instead of cutting the axles. By increasing the offset to 5" on the rear and running the coilovers up a little further, I think I can obtain a pretty original look.

I have a stroked small block in it now...but I think after I get the car completed, I'll build an FE to stick in there.
Old 02-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley. 427W , SB-100
Not Ranked     

My SV kit was delivered in Oct2002. My first drive - and the first ever ride in the drivers seat - was Jan 11. Since then I've put about 100 miles on it. I'm in the process now of going through a list of about 40 things to finish. I have my SB100 number (285) and have a temp permit through April to get it registered. I have an appt at the BAR on 2/18 for smog. Any advice here? I bought my 351W w/dual quads from a guy who was replacing it with a 427 in his SPF. 400hp wasn't enuf for him! Anyone else in So CA building a SV?
Dave
Old 02-21-2004, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, 418W, tremec 3550tko, 9" ford rear, 3.0 gear, silver/black
Not Ranked     

My Shell Valley was delivered on Nov 14, 2004 and the 418 is in the chassis and the body is very close to be ready for the paint booth. I have run into a couple of setbacks with parts from SV but they are very happy to fix what was wrong and get the correct parts to me! I am hoping to have it driveable by the middle of April but a lot depends on how SV comes thru with new headers that are bent correctly. The guys at SV are great to work with and bend over backwards to help me when I have a question!
Old 06-20-2004, 07:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley 427S/C with 1964 427 center oiler
Not Ranked     
Default My Car

Here is my $.02 worth. I took delivery of my Shell Valley last summer (2003). I am building as close a replica to one of the orginal 427 s/c so that I can get that true vintage feel.

The mistress is ready for drive train now, paint and interior in the winter. Here are the stats. Cobra 427 S/C with 64 Ford 427 medium riser, 5 speed TKO 500 tranny, 9" rear end 355 gears. Will be blue with white stripes, black leather/suede interior.

Romanbuilt
Old 01-25-2008, 08:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

One bad thing, that I do not like there is no sway bar, when all other kits have one.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I just wish they would designe a sway bar kit, and I hope my 600 hp will not twick the frame, I think I will had some sub frame pieces.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi DAVE, I am in ca as well, my car is almost done, cant wait to drive it.