SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Cobra Tech Areas > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 10:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Amen +

that prop 65 law is just an opportunity for bounty hunters to shake down mfg's without proof of damage. When i informed them that we are exempt from their silly law because of their own rule of "less than 9 employees", they dropped us from the suit and went after our big dollar distributor to shake them down. absolutely rediculous!
Old 01-31-2010, 10:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4au View Post
Amen +

that prop 65 law is just an opportunity for bounty hunters to shake down mfg's without proof of damage. When i informed them that we are exempt from their silly law because of their own rule of "less than 9 employees", they dropped us from the suit and went after our big dollar distributor to shake them down. absolutely rediculous!
You're just lucky they didn't change it to 8.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well were keeping it at 8 for now and making sure everything is labled and i'll try to keep my opinion about these silly laws to my self, cuz i've got a soap box with wheels

Last edited by pb4au; 02-01-2010 at 06:01 AM..
Old 02-02-2010, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarchetta View Post
Shipped my old one back to them today for a $20 recast.
I ended up spending 1/2 more of that in shipping.
So the $35 deal for a new one shipped is excellent for those that need one...not much more vs. recast.

-Dean
The trick Dean is not to just send one back, by sending more of them in a box the price drops significantly, no matter how many in a box we pay the shipping back
Old 02-02-2010, 04:29 PM
CC Member / Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

have we ran you out of lead yet?

Bill

www.gcperf.com
Old 02-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb4au View Post
The trick Dean is not to just send one back, by sending more of them in a box the price drops significantly, no matter how many in a box we pay the shipping back
It's a quality hammer so that's why I still went along with it. The handle is in great shape, just the head has two gynormous flat spots on it (and I think a couple dents on the side of the head when I got p***** off at one spinner).

Hopefully it's been received by about now. I have another to use, so I'm not sweating it...willing to wait for a quality job.

Thanks,

-Dean
Old 02-02-2010, 05:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
It's a quality hammer so that's why I still went along with it. The handle is in great shape, just the head has two gynormous flat spots on it (and I think a couple dents on the side of the head when I got p***** off at one spinner).

Hopefully it's been received by about now. I have another to use, so I'm not sweating it...willing to wait for a quality job.

Thanks,

-Dean
Yes it arrived yesterday and your new one is on the shipping rack ready to go out tomorrow.

actually, yours wasnt that bad, well used and thats what I like to see! Next time flatten it and then send them both back, its cheaper that way and they'll ship out the same day we receive them. They simply pull a new one out of inventory, polish it and ship it out to you.

enjoy
Old 02-02-2010, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blittleton View Post
have we ran you out of lead yet?

Bill

no not yet!

i'm havin fun with it! I'm not running this through production, when the day is done i take a moment hand pick and pack each one just for you all!

from my hands to yours. enjoy!
Old 02-03-2010, 01:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 - #783
Not Ranked     

I'm glad you guys are happy with your hammers, for it surely is a great deal. I'm also glad we might have gotten Ted hooked onto an ERA...

ERA Registry Map

If you have an ERA and want to be listed, contact me with your info and I'll put it up. The minimum info I need is chassis number and location. The rest is up to you. The most information needed would be: chassis number, body type, city, name, CC nickname, and email address.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
I'm glad you guys are happy with your hammers, for it surely is a great deal. I'm also glad we might have gotten Ted hooked onto an ERA...
Thanks to you Mooch!

The next batch of hammers are shipping out tomorrow, if you purchased during the last week of Jan up to today, yours is amongst this shipment.

Last edited by pb4au; 02-03-2010 at 05:04 PM..
Old 02-10-2010, 08:44 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Ted, I received it today. Looks great...feels great! I'm a little afraid to give it that first dent though. But like a rock chip on the front of the car, after you get one you get over it and drive it harder.

Thanks again for a quality product. If I see any Kalifornia lead Nazi's, I'll give them my best one finger salute in your honor.

-Dean

P.S. My youngest son asked me what the warning notification inside the box meant. I told him, "It's a lead hammer. Lead isn't good inside your body. So don't smell the hammer and definitely don't try to lick it."

Last edited by RedBarchetta; 02-11-2010 at 08:14 AM..
Old 02-11-2010, 04:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD - BDR 1381 Artic White/Silver Stripes / Coyote 5.0
Not Ranked     
Default Hammer

Ted,

Received my hammer on Wed, looks and feels like a precision tool. It will be put to the test shortly as I need to replace my rear tires.

Great doing business with you.

am
Old 02-11-2010, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Ted, I received it today. Looks great...feels great! I'm a little afraid to give it that first dent though. But like a rock chip on the front of the car, after you get one you get over it and drive it harder.

Thanks again for a quality product. If I see any Kalifornia lead Nazi's, I'll give them my best one finger salute in your honor.

-Dean

P.S. My youngest son asked me what the warning notification inside the box meant. I told him, "It's a lead hammer. Lead isn't good inside your body. So don't smell the hammer and definitely don't try to lick it."
Great to hear you got it and that you appreciate its quality. A lot goes into that hammer to make it the very best and I'm just glad to share it with you. Enjoy! Theres talk about making it standard equipment in a certain top of the line cobra brand, complete with its own matching custom box. I'm really enjoying be a stronger part of the community

funny thing on the lead thing... our employees would warm their food over the smelters back in the day, we put a stop to that but never was there an increase in lead levels from year to year. I guess you do have to actually eat it to see a rise, so yes that was good advice for your son.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by am9648 View Post
Ted,

Received my hammer on Wed, looks and feels like a precision tool. It will be put to the test shortly as I need to replace my rear tires.

Great doing business with you.

am
it definately is precision... theres a good reason why the handle is as long, as weighted and as thick as it is. A design in applied ergonomics. It won a safety award by UAW and given a US patent for the concept. A hammer head should never loosen, and yours never will. If held at the handle, you wont hurt your hand or your elbow or your wrist and what matters most ...one hit, thats it. Its a no nonsense hammer for a very simple purpose.

Enjoy your hammer, it will last you forever.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: # 757 ERA 427 SC , 482 Al. big block
Not Ranked     

After reading the posts here on American Hammer , I got one . Here are some observations . I compared it to my current one . Present hammer has a handle that measures 9 1/4 " from center line of head to end of handle , American Hammer handle is 12 " from same point . Present hammer has a head that is approx. 1 3/4 " dia and about 4 " long . The American Hammer head is 2 " dia. and 3 3/8" long. Both hammers are 6 # units .
To me , this means I can get inside my 15" wheels easier with a shorter head and the larger dia . gives me a better chance of staying on target . I also like the longer handle and , to me is more comfortable to use .
In short , very happy with this lead hammer .

Bob
Old 02-18-2010, 11:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
After reading the posts here on American Hammer , I got one . Here are some observations . I compared it to my current one . Present hammer has a handle that measures 9 1/4 " from center line of head to end of handle , American Hammer handle is 12 " from same point . Present hammer has a head that is approx. 1 3/4 " dia and about 4 " long . The American Hammer head is 2 " dia. and 3 3/8" long. Both hammers are 6 # units .
To me , this means I can get inside my 15" wheels easier with a shorter head and the larger dia . gives me a better chance of staying on target . I also like the longer handle and , to me is more comfortable to use .
In short , very happy with this lead hammer .

Bob
E x a c t l y !

Thank you Bob for your assessment. Thats what this was all about, we may manufacture the best hammer in terms of durability but does it work for your application? That is the most important factor.

Last edited by pb4au; 02-18-2010 at 02:20 PM..
Old 03-15-2010, 02:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ex-owner ERA FIA 2062
Not Ranked     

My hammer just arrived today. This is one impressive hammer. It's obvious a lot of thought went into the design, and a lot of pride in the manufacturing quality of the hammer. I like the heft and the long handle, it's well balanced, and it allows me to "choke up" and get inside the deep dish wheels and put a good whack on the knockoff without smacking everything else in range. I also think it's great that the phone number for recasting is right on the handle!

Thanks, Ted.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: unique motorcars, 289 HO Sold, BDR
Not Ranked     
Default hammer

all this hammer talk got me thinking. So i bravely will ask this question, which way does the spinner lock and unlock? just got my 289 FIA last week. hate being a newbie.

AJ

Last edited by ajracing; 03-15-2010 at 03:22 PM..
Old 03-15-2010, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 - #783
Not Ranked     

Depends which side of the car you are on. Forward tire rotation should tighten the spinner. So on the driver side, tighten clockwise. Passenger side, tighten counterclockwise.

ERA Registry Map

If you have an ERA and want to be listed, contact me with your info and I'll put it up. The minimum info I need is chassis number and location. The rest is up to you. The most information needed would be: chassis number, body type, city, name, CC nickname, and email address.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblockhead View Post
My hammer just arrived today. This is one impressive hammer. It's obvious a lot of thought went into the design, and a lot of pride in the manufacturing quality of the hammer. I like the heft and the long handle, it's well balanced, and it allows me to "choke up" and get inside the deep dish wheels and put a good whack on the knockoff without smacking everything else in range. I also think it's great that the phone number for recasting is right on the handle!

Thanks, Ted.
Thank you for recognizing our efforts, the patent on that handle was a long time in the making, many trials and errors but in the end we stand behind what i feel is the very best money can buy. It will serve you well through your lifetime and its good enough to bequest it to your favorite son

Hang on to that box, its your vehicle back to getting a full replacement if you ever get that head flat and i mean flat as a pancake, theres a prize to anyone who turns in the flat-est head.

Take care my friend and enjoy the power.