SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Cobra Tech Areas > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By 1badmopar
  • 2 Post By 1badmopar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2021, 08:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star 427, 351W w/ Toploader 4 sp
Not Ranked     
Default Need help with identifying motor mounts - Lone star kit

I recently purchased a Lone Star kit Cobra, that was built in the mid 90's and has been stored for the past 10 years of its life. I am in the process of replacing parts to make it road worthy again. I noticed the motor mounts are cracked and I would like to replace them. I cannot identify them. Anyone know what part# or car these are from? They are about 3" square, a rubber pad with steel plate sandwiching them, single stud up and down. Engine is Ford 351W.

Please Help!

Old 01-03-2021, 10:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Following Joyridin's lead, I think they might be Mopar mounts from the 70's/ 80's. I googled up images and think they look very close to Part # 2265 from a 78 Ramcharger. I am going to get one and take some measurements.
Old 01-03-2021, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Not only are they sagging, they have no form of safety strap if they snap.
The left (drivers side) is the one they takes stretch force under power.

Gold Certified Holden Technician
Old 01-04-2021, 08:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

You need to call Ultimate Classics in Boerne and see if they can help. (830) 249-0041 They bought Lone Star.
You also need to talk to Rick Bickle in the DFW CC. The front suspension on the Lone Stars had a few issues that need to be checked.
FFR3542K, 347, Holley Sniper EFI, T-5, 4 Wheel Discs, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes
Old 01-04-2021, 10:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for all of the information. The car was owned by a multi car collector, and had less than 4,000 miles put on it in the past 26 years. It very well could have some issues that were never fully vetted. I will reach out to Rick and check in with him.

Thanks again,
Bridger
Old 01-05-2021, 01:11 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via Yahoo to flyboy1997
Not Ranked     

Good Lookin Car & Color, Congrats!
Most of us upgraded in one direction or the other. I can probably find P Ns of mine, we used truck mounts or the safety mounts that still held if they parted.
The new company dropped the car a few inches i think so they may have different mounts now?
Old 01-05-2021, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Those appear to be custom fabricated mounts. I doubt you will find any OEM mounts like that.

The block side of the mount exactly matches bolt bosses in the Ford block and I would bet dollars to donuts there are no Mopar mounts that match up to Ford engine block bosses.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 01-05-2021, 03:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I probably was misleading in the request. I was looking to change the isolator pads on the mounts, not the brackets themselves. They looked like a repurposed OEM part.

I called down to UCC on a forum members suggestion, and Dennis identified the mount at a Anchor 2266. Looks like I was one part number off with my earlier guess.

I will now source one and be one step closer to getting the 'ol girl back on the road. Just have a coupe of items left. I am adding a proportioning valve to the brakes, moving the brake pedal slightly to the right for better foot alignment, and adding a backing plate to the pedal assembly for firewall rigidity.
joyridin' likes this.
Old 01-05-2021, 03:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Flyboy,
Thanks! It has been fun so far. I have owned and restored numerous classics over the years, but I cannot remember being more excited about one more than this. I have always wanted a Cobra, and now I am like a kid in a candy store. I have been studying the build sheets and going through the various systems. Thankfully the weather here has not been that great, and I have not been tempted to cut any corners to get in on the road. I bought the car not running or driving, so I can't wait to try it out. I figure I have about 4-6 hours of work left before a test drive.

The color is a true Candy apple sprayed over a gold base coat. It was painted in 1993, but still looks new. It is not a classic Cobra color, but in person the paint is quite amazing in quality. Whenever people stop by the garage to visit, that's that one comment I hear the most... "Look at that paint!" After all of these years, it still looks like it is several feet deep and wet to the touch. I ended up finding a receipt in the stack for the paint. The original owner paid over $9,000 to have the car painted, back in 1993. Better his money than mine! Lol.
Gaz64 and Bruce.huling like this.
Old 01-05-2021, 05:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via Yahoo to flyboy1997
Not Ranked     

Seagull I think his car is old enough to not have the issues we did in the early 2000’s but you are probably remembering the upper & lower control arms, we had several guys into racing at that time & put the cars to the test with several cracks & breaks. All in the past now but I think it might have been a welder problem & most of our little build group had some beefier customs built.
That Gold Base sure adds The Depth, mine has a red metal flake base & it has to be in sunlight to the candy effect, I love it !
Old 06-06-2021, 09:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone star 351w /408cu.in.
Not Ranked     

Sigh. Wish we had a lonestar/ucc forum that was live. Beautiful car! Definitely fun. Unbelievable how much these cars attract interaction when you stop, or even down the road. Enjoy!