SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Cobra Tech Areas > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By eschaider
  • 1 Post By cycleguy55

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2023, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison FE 428
Not Ranked     
Default 12” front rotor

What is the cheapest way to put a full 12- 12.19” brake rotor on a Mustang ll OEM front end?
Old 10-09-2023, 08:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Alfa02 and Harpoon PV2 like this.

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.

Last edited by eschaider; 10-09-2023 at 08:43 AM..
Old 10-09-2023, 11:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison FE 428
Not Ranked     

Ed, excellent analog, but I meant OEM cheap compared to Baer expensive, the 05 ford sport Trac has a 12” 5x4.5” lugs but having trouble sorting the bearings out, haven’t even got to the off set. I enjoy bearing the system but not at the expense of safety. It’s only used on the street.
Old 10-10-2023, 09:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

The rotor you want to use and a bearing catalog are going to be your friends in this effort.

Most bearings are offered in multiple OD sizes and widths for any given ID. You should be able to identify a suitable replacement-bearing candidate with a little search time between the covers of the catalog.

In a worst-case scenario, you would need to produce an insert to press into the rotor to match up the bearing you want to use to the rotor you have. The other possibility, assuming there is adequate material in the rotor (there may not be), would be to bore the bearing register in the rotor to the correct diameter to fit a bearing candidate you have identified and want to use.

This boring idea is fraught with challenge. If you leave too little supporting wall for the bearing, the rotor could fail while you are driving, presenting you with an exciting afternoon outing. Additionally, let's not forget the possibility you will need to redrill the rotor for a different bolt pattern. I don't know if this is the case. However, for example, the GM (I think) front rotors on my SPF needed to be redrilled to match my knockoff wheels' drive pin register.

You will have an interesting journey here. Keep us up to date on what you discover.

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 10-10-2023, 11:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This is a really old post, but maybe somebody knows the guy that made adapters to put the Corvette brakes on a M2 spindle.

Disc Brake Setup for Mustang II Front End
Old 10-10-2023, 09:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     

My 07 Sport Trac front hubs have bearings installed as new and separate bearings are not available.
The Wilwood brakes you want are $800-1000 well worth the money.
Old 10-11-2023, 10:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

I used a Wilwood Dynalite 4-piston kit and they work great, even with paltry 11" rotors. Kits start at $700. https://www.summitracing.com/search/...03-in-280-16mm

12.19" rotor kits start at $1,020: https://www.summitracing.com/search/...rder=Ascending

GM calipers, 11" rotors, $400 kit: https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Musta...tern,2008.html

13" drilled and slotted rotors, 2-piston calipers, $1,000: https://www.johnnylawmotors.com/cata...k-pro-spindles
eschaider likes this.

Last edited by cycleguy55; 10-11-2023 at 11:15 AM..