SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Cobra Tech Areas > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2002, 05:20 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     

I'll kidnap the digital camera from work and try to snap a few pics of the resto project this weekend when I'm home visiting. For those of you who are familiar with 195's, this one is a "camera plane" which means it has a large hole in the floor where a camera (mounted to fancy frame) would take geological photographs. He has the original camera, frame, and everything. We intend to replace the plexiglass over the hole, but leave the camera out. This will allow passengers to get a bird's eye view directly below them.

Acquiring the dry nitrogen would be a task for him. You'd have to understand where he lives (the boonies). He likes the "bag" idea from that company overseas. Most likely, here's what he's decided to do:

It turns out that he's only interested in protecting the interior of the engine (the outside is fine), so he will rig up a way to store the engine horizontally, with the shaft pointing down. (Have you ever tried to man-handle one of these things? It ain't fun.) There are only 2 or 3 holes in the "front" of the engine to plug (easy). Then he will remove the "top" spark plug from each cylinder and fill the cylinders with oil. We can easily finesse the engine to remove air pockets. Once a cylinder is filled, we replace the spark plug and move on to the next.

Once all 7 cylinders are filled, we can simply pour oil into the rear case of the engine (you'd have to see it to understand). This method would protect the interior surfaces and gears perfectly and would require FAR less oil that submerging the entire engine.

Thanks to everyone for all the great ideas. Some of these ideas may be used to preserve other parts of the project besides the engine. He told me that he really appreciates all your input. I'll be sure to post some pics if I can get them.

Keith