SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Cobra Tech Areas > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2004, 10:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, Corvette suspension, 632cid all aluminium Ford big block, Wilson custom manifold, Richmond 5 speed Transimssion
Not Ranked     
Default Bra for a Cobra

I am concerned with getting road debris damage on my "nose", has anyone found/bought/used a front end "bra" to protect the paint. I have searched the internet seeking a source for a Cobra "bra" or even pictures to see if it would look OK on a Cobra. Any thoughts or pointers ? Question #2, thoughts on installing a "screen" around the radiator frame to prevent road debris from knocking holes in the radiator, has anyone done that, and if so, what kind of material (I am thinking of metal doorscreen mesh), I do not want it to be very visible, anyones thoughts?.

Thank you,

Tom
Old 12-04-2004, 05:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Tom,

About the bra, yes you can get them. I had one custom made years ago and after using it a couple of times sold it. I could never get it where the wind would not cause it to move just a fraction in places and then you have a scuff in the paint. I am sure that by now they have improved on them to do away with this. As for bug screens there are many posts about that and just yesterday there was a thread on them and the different types.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 12-04-2004, 05:40 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SO
Not Ranked     

And to piggyback on Tom's post, I'd like to get a pair of panties for my car, and maybe a garter belt for those "intimate" moments..
Just joking, Tom, but I know the bras are out there, I've seen them on cobras from time to time...one of our members here in Houston has a set of spats (would that be the garter belt I'm looking for?), to protect the front of his rear fender flares, an area that seems to get more chip damage than the front of the car, not counting the bottom of the oil cooler scoop. You didn't list the body style of your car, but if it has the 427 S/C scoop, you WILL scrape it from time to time, and it will hit anything on the road more than a few inches high.
On the radiator bug/rock grill, maybe 1/4"x1/4" hardware cloth painted black and recessed back against (or near) the radiator. But people won't be able to see your purty radiator if you do that...
Let us know what you find and/or do.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #684, 428 FE, TKO600
Not Ranked     

Tom:
Do a search on invincashield and radiator screens. Lots of information on both in the past.
DonC
Old 12-04-2004, 07:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison, Corvette suspension, 632cid all aluminium Ford big block, Wilson custom manifold, Richmond 5 speed Transimssion
Not Ranked     

Gentlemen, Thank you for the help, I found a lot of useful information. This website is very helpful, Glad I joined.

Thank you again,
Tom
Old 12-04-2004, 07:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, Roush IR 427, T56
Not Ranked     

Invisible Bra is applied to the front using 3M film- only by pro's. Cost me $300 for the SPF including the rear fender rock guards. It is sort of "soft" and will absorb minor stone hits (or heavy bug hits) without marring the paint, like a vinyl bra. I'm told I may want to exchange it for new film after about three years- pro exchange also. I have some pic's if interested. It's sonewhat hard to see the bra film because it's......well, invisible.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 351 Windsor 405 HP
Not Ranked     

I'm a child of the fifties I like my girls bra-less LOL
Old 12-04-2004, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I never understood bras on cars. They look like crap and when you take them off you will notice that the have rubbed through your paint in spots. I do like the product that NewMexico describes. The local Ferrari dealer pushes them for his cars. I Haven't seen if they yellow after UV exposure but at least they don't mess up the looks of the car while they are protecting it.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427S/C, KC/Pond aluminum 427/482 SO, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

newmexico said it,...3M clear bra!