SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Cobra Tech Areas > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: P. O. of KMS 91,92,193,196,197,205,207,S024
Not Ranked     

'' jerry wacker''? i love you guys play ground names. can you explain to me why it says in a kirkham brochure and i quote''of course,strong parts are only as good as the hardware holding them together.that's why we use U.S. -made, aircraft-quality fasteners through out the car.'' so maybe i shouldn't feel so bad about david charging me 7500.00 U.S. dollars to hand '' bailing'' whoops i'm sorry ,aircraft wire my suspension of kmp 197 ,regards have fun during recess,jerry
CSX 3355, 3358, 2200, 2571, 2295
GT40 #1086
Old 05-27-2005, 01:44 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

Why would it matter what it's connected with when you got it? I thought you're all about rebuilding to your exacting specifications that is far beyond what others would/could build anyway....Based on your previous comments, it sounds as if even it was connected with titanium bolts that you would have still rebuilt due to your incredible skills....
Old 05-27-2005, 01:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Hi Jerry....

Good Afternoon.

This is a now technical thread in the Shop Talk forum.

Thanks for starting the discussion on fasteners.

No need to take yet another slam at your nemeses.

Do it again and you'll make us shut down yet another thread.

Thanks
Ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Old 05-27-2005, 02:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Vette suspension, Baer 6P brakes, 540 cid Chevy, Haltech Fuel Injection
Not Ranked     

Jerry ,

Oops, sorry to get your name wrong. I suppose that wasn't nice, but after you posted so much wrong information on fasteners, I suppose you could allow me to be wrong about your name?

I addressed your comments about grade5 bolts. If you want to talk about aircraft safety wire, I can address that too. And likely with much more actual knowledge than yourself (not just some BS I heard somewhere).

However, to continue the fastener discussion, you point out the brochure describes that aircraft-quality fasteners are used on the Kcars. Well, to that point, grade5 bolts are used on aircraft in those areas where the requirements are such that a grade5 bolt is a proper selection. It is not correct for you to assume that aircraft-quality means AN series fasteners (or MS fasteners for that matter). I have been an Aerospace Engineer for many years and have worked on many space launch vehicles, target vehicles, interceptors, etc... and I can tell you that the term aircraft-quality by itself means simply that the specifications of the fastener are controlled and verifiable and that the specific fastener selection meets the requirements based on an Engineering evaluation.

Again, I ask (this time more specifically): Where are your calculations or test results that show grade5 fasteners in any of the applications you are complaining about do not have sufficient margin for acceptability?

If you do not have any such calculation or test data, why would you purport to be an expert? BTW, having bolted a few cars together does not make you an expert. If any of my Engineers came to me and told me their bolt selection was made based on anything other than sound Engineering, I'd fire them. Seat of the pants doesn't cut it...
Old 05-27-2005, 02:29 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: P. O. of KMS 91,92,193,196,197,205,207,S024
Not Ranked     

i think you missed the point i have the bill for 7500.00 over the original contract price to install those corners, not to mention 14000.00+ of fraudulent over charges for parts that were defined in the original contract. want to see the proof? or do you want to keep defaming my character in print? i think the funny thing is A. you have never met me . B. you have never seen my work. C. you apparently have no interest in protecting your members from getting boned . jamo asked me why i took the cars off ebay. the whole answer is really none of your concern but i will say this i have had 9 different previous kms customers call me with similar stories of their experiance doing busines with the boys in utah. i would think that should concern you., regards, ''jerry wacker''
CSX 3355, 3358, 2200, 2571, 2295
GT40 #1086
Old 05-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

(sigh)

...what a shame... good discussion somewhere in here about fasteners.

Maybe start a new thread about which type for what application, as suggested earlier.

Bye.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

Sorry Ron....

Defame your character? Huh? I said it was a good topic but hiding behind it is your own agenda....Look, if Kirkham was on here posting garbage about you or the case you're working on, I would protect you too....That said, if it's not already apparent, you're the one who has been hurting your cause on here, not me or anyone else (look at the reaction you get from owners of various different branded cars; it's very clear that you are not doing yourself any favors man). As I said at the beginning of this thread, if you posted as a real concerned member about everyone's safety and not tied in your dealings with Kirkham, you'd probably be considered in higher regard....Although it sounds like maybe your facts weren't too straight but I can't debate that at all as I am not an engineer.

As for caring about members getting "boned", well, I take offense to the notion that I don't....Quite to the contrary, but I refuse to be manipulated by you or anyone using your tactics here. John in one of his posts stated it well regarding his feeling bad for your situation, but that you have done nothing but undermine that good will since you've gotten here (different words but same point). That should tell you something...

Ron is right though, this should be ended. Figure out a way to be a "member" of the group, and you'll get more out of your experience here, but use the group to serve your needs only, and you'll probably get zippo....This is easy life stuff man, so just think before you post I guess.
Closed Thread