SUPPORT OUR SPONSOR

Go Back   Club Cobra > Club Cobra Tech Areas > Shop Talk

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4795 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Arrow 800 is plenty then!

Well then I can tell you that 800 cca's is plenty!

Thanks Kris.

Either way = VAROOM!

jdog
P.S. Weather is great & the car is running strong. It don't get any better than this!
Old 09-18-2007, 09:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar LS427, 408w, 48IDA Webers, TKO 600, 9" Currie 4-link 4.11 rear
Not Ranked     

The questions has gotten away from what I really intended, but never the less I get the point along the lines of the smaller 6v batteries, space and how they are wired. The question merely was promopted by me after being to several shows seeing a good deal of normal every day hot rods with two Red Top Optima batteries in a 12v system at 900CCA each in a car that had nothing more than a high horse power motor and gauges. I open a few magazines and see it again, just merely trying to learn what the deal was, but it seems that I was not missing anything at all and it was a rig of big batteries just to look cool and weight down the car....
Old 09-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4758, CSX 381 Keith Craft 482 w/ Weber 48 IDA's
Not Ranked     

Xavier,

It's more of getting back to an originality thing. There are some of us who like to stay as close as possible to "what was" for some kind of reason. For many of us, it's replicating what we saw when we were teenagers out there with our cheap-o rods and then there were the "gods" with the Cobras and we could only wonder where the money came from.

So now with the great offering of all the kits and makers out there, we have an opportunity to recreate what we saw then and can only now get close to affording. So for me, since the CSX cars come with a battery tray made exactly to fit the dual Rebats behind the passenger seat, it only makes sense to complete the nostalgia equation and go for that "look". What's another 27 lbs when you're talking about 640+ hp in a 2400 lb car anyway. Maybe I'll lose weight next month and the extra battery will be moot. Hope it all comes off my gut.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar LS427, 408w, 48IDA Webers, TKO 600, 9" Currie 4-link 4.11 rear
Not Ranked     

I understand Roknad, but the question was not in reference to the guys trying to look like the original in a replica; I think that is way cool and I wish I had the space to do it. It was in reference to the guys using two over the counter batteries for just real no apparent reason than just to do it (non-cobras).
Old 09-22-2007, 05:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Is there anything else besides a Cobra?
Old 09-22-2007, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, uhm....nope.