Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > Small Block Talk

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #684, 482FE, Mike Mccluskey build
Send a message via Skype™ to fordracing65
Not Ranked     

blykins i meant solid roller cam, i was reading a differnt order sheet for another project.
You are the man i really appreciate your time with this. cam specs have to look it up.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Mass-flow? Really?
Old 04-21-2011, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Or a fast efi, chashburn your opinion is meaningless to me, go to mexico and get some roush parts.( actaully most of the speed parts are from mexico, Roush is the only one with an upcharge for his cheap labor, what a rippoff)

Last edited by fordracing65; 04-21-2011 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: needed more words
Old 04-21-2011, 06:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

With a dart block, you can safely build a 427 that will rev to 7000 and stay together. But, your powerband may be higher than you want it to be.

Build the engine to suit your driving habits, not the other way around.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks, I am going to try to get it spot on, I appreciate the replies.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF GT40
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing65 View Post
Or a fast efi, chashburn your opinion is meaningless to me, go to mexico and get some roush parts.( actaully most of the speed parts are from mexico, Roush is the only one with an upcharge for his cheap labor, what a rippoff)
Don't know where you're getting the Mexican info from. The SCAT forged crank and rods you bought are from China just as are Eagle ones. Machining is American, but original forgings are Chinese. As stated before Roush engines are assembled in Livonia MI, USA. Don't know what your cheap Mexican labor charges are based on. Do you know what Roush engine assemblers are paid? I certainly wouldn't claim Roush engines are the only quality engine out there. Obviously you pay a premium for the Roush name. You don't think it's worth it, but a lot of buyers are willing to pay more for a GT40 or Cobra with a Roush engine in it. You like to assemble your own engines. Am I dissing you for that? At least make your charges with facts not fabrications. Also use spellcheck with your posts.

Last edited by SwiftDB4; 04-21-2011 at 10:19 PM..
Old 04-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Clearly... good luck with it. May want to pull your head, it's gotta stink up there.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I know JACK ROUSH is the only company that doesnt pass the cheap labor on to the consumer, again read the entire posts.( been to the mexican factory) Thats why the same motor by K Craft will cost less than a Roush, for the same motor, same parts.

Last edited by fordracing65; 04-21-2011 at 10:34 PM..
Old 04-21-2011, 10:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Keith Craft charges roughly the same as Roush. Does he use cheap Mexican labor and not pass the savings on to the buyer? By the way what engine parts come from Mexico in a Roush engine? The Dart block? Forged rods and crank? AFR heads? Canton pan? Pistons?
Old 04-22-2011, 01:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

my parts come from china and mexico, usa, k craft parts come form china and mexico, usa, roush parts come from china mexico, usa, why is the roush motor better, is it put together better maybe but thats opinion, but a fact is the roush motor cost more, how could that be, my engine has a warranty, k craft motor has a warranty, and so does roush, by the way i saved over $3000 going my route, and it will everything a roush will be, i promise that.(never said assembled in mexico, again read the thread)
Old 04-22-2011, 06:40 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

As you spin and spin...

There's an old saying that you need to become familiar with "apples to apples". You can theorize all you want on the pricing of these companies and what they are doing with the "savings" you have achieved. However, if you want to compare you have to account for every part on the engine (that is included) and also the level of quality of those parts.

Billet wire looms, starter included, fuel pump and lines installed, etc. I make my living shopping for engines and getting the most value for our customers so we can deliver what they want at a very competitive price. How many engines do you buy and/or build a year? In the last 5 years? So dismiss my comments since you seem to have no interest in hearing actual experiences and facts...

Hope you don't use a Tremec transmission and you should probably lose that SPF since it was made with "cheap foreign labor" and instead pickup a FF and assemble it in the USA since you could save "30k that way".
Old 04-22-2011, 08:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Exactly my point, if roush sold a tremec trans it would cost more cause its from roush, and in the last five years 20 engines to date, thats 20 more than you have put together. You know i use a tremec, your on my personal page all the time, looking at my ride.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, SBF 351w (463 CI)
Not Ranked     

FordRacing65 a properly built 427SBF will have no problem revving to 7000+. It will it wear out faster, but how many miles are you going to put on it anyway? Plan on rebuilding the lifters and replacing the springs around 7500 miles on 700 lift cam (assuming the ramps are not too aggressive). Skip the fuel injection and use the money elsewhere (a good carburetor will make more power anyway). Can it be streetable? YES
Is a an extra usable 1000 rpm, and 65hp worth the extra expense?? That depends? Do you like to lead or follow?
Old 04-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Exactly my point, if roush sold a tremec trans it would cost more cause its from roush, and in the last five years 20 engines to date, thats 20 more than you have put together. You know i use a tremec, your on my personal page all the time, looking at my ride.
Are you on dad's account again?
Old 04-22-2011, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

From experience I have a buddys Z06 with an LS7 and that car has 26K miles ( mostly track ) and the engine is beautiful. -- he is on his 2nd trans, but the engine is untouched ( besides oil changes ) .....
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 04-22-2011, 01:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Just curious. Do you and Rousch have the same overhead costs?

And, aside from a single piston brand, what performance parts come from Mexico?

If you need bona fides...I do about 25 a month for the last 20 years...and I manufacture parts.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Oh..and a Dart blocked 427 will have no issues at 7,000 rpm....not that a motor that makes that much torque needs to go to 7,000.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: UK Ram SC. KC-Yates 373, Jerico 5 speed.
Not Ranked     

Originally Posted by fordracing65

You are talking rubbish, a lot of the cheaper speed parts might be from mexico, KC did my engine and it was well over $20k for a custom built race engine, I dont think Jesel, Sony Bryant, JE, Carrillo are made in Mexico.
Dart blocks might be I guess it depends on where the factories are!

I use a Jerico five speed my decision was made as I wanted a decent trans that will handle road racing and limited road use, Tremec are a road transmission and have had early quality control issues, and made in mexico did sway my decision.

If I buy something USA is normally my preference, French or German for tools etc as their iron ore is renown especially France. Not keen on mexican or chinese, but My 27" Imac computer was assembled in China and it hasnt given one problem in 7 months. A friend of mine has a large chinese lathe 40years old and still going well.

The 1960's rocked!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the reply Ant. I'm always amazed by you Kiwis. Any country with a Burt Munro has lots of mechanical knowhow. How's Christchurch doing?
Old 04-22-2011, 09:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashburn View Post
Are you on dad's account again?
My father died in vietnam, no im not on his account, again when you attack me personally, it just shows im right.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: