• 1 Post By spdbrake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2020, 03:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler with 351 Winsor
Not Ranked     
Default Headers and side pipes

I am new to this forum and Cobra. I inherited a Butler with a 351 Winsor, T5 transmission and Ford rear end. Front suspension is rack and pinion with adjustable coil overs. Wilwood brakes all around. Can someone recommend a supplier for headers and side pipes? Thanks for your help. Been a real enjoyment and learning curve.
Old 09-19-2020, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance , Roush 427SR dyno'd at 526 hp
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalder View Post
I am new to this forum and Cobra. I inherited a Butler with a 351 Winsor, T5 transmission and Ford rear end. Front suspension is rack and pinion with adjustable coil overs. Wilwood brakes all around. Can someone recommend a supplier for headers and side pipes? Thanks for your help. Been a real enjoyment and learning curve.
I don’t have a recommendation on headers but highly recommended firefly side pipes. Great sound and a definite increase in power
Old 09-19-2020, 08:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Butlers are very nice cars!

For headers and side pipes check out Gas-N. They run an ad at the top of our forum pages just click the ad. Talk to them. They are easy guys to talk to. Their stuff is all stainless and not only looks like jewelry but the stainless will last forever.

I don't think you'll find a Butler specific package if I remember correctly but they can easily make one up for you. Butlers have a high authenticity quotient so you should not have any significant problems finding stuff.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 09-20-2020, 04:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalder View Post
Speak to Ron at Specializing in Superformance after market, outstanding work!! Firefly!!
Old 09-20-2020, 05:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Red Shark Engineering, in California. The original supplier to Shelby Americam in the 60's, still in business today.
Old 09-20-2020, 09:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler with 351 Winsor
Not Ranked     
Default Much appreciated help on headers and side pipes

Thank you all for your help. I appreciate any and all guidance on this. I have rebuilt vehicles before. I have completed a 1953 MG TD that was a basket case and gave it to her as an anniversary gift. I also rebuilt her Mom's 1972 Mercedes 350 SL and a 1971 Corvette convertible. But never have I had an opportunity like this. Thanks again.
Bob
Old 09-20-2020, 10:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Vintage Wheels sells them and may have a set instock.

Since they're 17 miles from you, I'd ask if you could put a deposit on them so you could take them home for a test-fit.

Vintage Wheels
14805 Fisher Cv
Del Mar CA 92014

https://vintagewheelsus.com/index.ph...roducts_id=373
They say they'll fit a 90" WB Cobra and someone already commented on the thread the Butler was pretty true to form.

Their headers and side pipes (raw) are a good deal. $1195
The Ceramic coating is a bit steep, add another $1250 for Silver
But the price is inline with Jet-hot. My quote from last week was. $1750 w/out freight, For Silver headers and White Sidepipes.
You can probably find a local vendor to do them all for $600-700.

Or you could go with a Fab Company like these.
https://www.gpheaders.com/products/cobra-kit-headers/
https://www.stainlessheaders.com/cobraheaders
https://www.shellvalley.com/index.cf...=cat/cat35.htm
bwalder likes this.