Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartruff1 View Post
A near perfect small block can be bought for 50k...a very rare big block for 80k .....they made more than 10,500 coupes...goes like stink with that Roush !!!
I couldn't let this one fly by without comment. No disrespect, but obviously you're not talking about 1963 Corvette Split Window Coupes. Big blocks were introduced in 1965.

Here's a "builder" 1963 Corvette Split Window starting price is $40K and without matching numbers:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Might be a tad expensive, but you won't find any near perfect '63 Split Window Coupes for $50K at least with matching numbers.

"Rare" Big Block Corvette in near perfect condition with matching numbers will be more than $80K too.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: scratch built 289 eclectic mix of fia/ussrc/early comp
Not Ranked     

'63 split window C2 rebody on C4 corvette
http://classic-glass.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
I couldn't let this one fly by without comment. No disrespect, but obviously you're not talking about 1963 Corvette Split Window Coupes. Big blocks were introduced in 1965.

Here's a "builder" 1963 Corvette Split Window starting price is $40K and without matching numbers:

Might be a tad expensive, but you won't find any near perfect '63 Split Window Coupes for $50K at least with matching numbers.

"Rare" Big Block Corvette in near perfect condition with matching numbers will be more than $80K too.

Last edited by Ozgur_Tan; 01-08-2010 at 09:42 AM..
Old 01-08-2010, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks Rod

Quote:

My mistake...
Old 01-08-2010, 10:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

came across a new from gm all aluminum ls1 engine still on the crate water pump to flywheel, manifold to pan, injectors, coils, $3500..................i'm trying, trying real hard..............
Old 01-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
My mistake...
No problema.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Fire...ready....aim

Quote:
No problema.
To make matters worse, I have a copy of Kieth Martin's "Corvette Market" right here on my desk...
Old 01-08-2010, 12:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

LOL

we are cut from the same cloth
"I want to spend the time I have left exploring my sexual addiction and in the abuse of drugs and alcohol"
I have not given up on the gt40 rep but know in the end it is a replica. I have really sorted the SPF and is for all practical purposes bulletproof for the last year. I dont know if I want to do that exercise again not to old but definetly to lazy. Might look for 911 twin turbo, like the new vettes but i had a 90's model that was a POS and never quite recovered.

Quote:
I finally gave up on my GT search and got a Z06.....runs like a turbine...no leaks...no squeaks.. no vibration...no stories....plus you can drive it without creating a scene.. I do not like green eggs and ham or cars that need attention...I want to spend the time I have left exploring my sexual addiction and in the abuse of drugs and alcohol....you need to move, that is not a healthy place to live....see ya, I'm going skiing...
Old 01-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I finally gave up on my GT search and got a Z06.....runs like a turbine...no leaks...no squeaks.. no vibration...no stories....plus you can drive it without creating a scene.. I do not like green eggs and ham or cars that need attention...I want to spend the time I have left exploring my sexual addiction and in the abuse of drugs and alcohol....you need to move, that is not a healthy place to live....see ya, I'm going skiing...
Did I miss it? Does this mean you got rid of your Cobra?
Old 01-08-2010, 01:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No....but it doesn't get the attention the new kid gets. In spite of all the irritation with the buying and the de bugging I don't regret the SPF. I had wanted a Cobra for forty years (bucket car) and for me the replica was the way to go as a affordable driver. It is the "girl with the curl"...when she is good, she is very very good and when she is bad, she is very very bad. On the right road in the right weather it is a hell of a experience....unlike any car I have ever driven. It will be in my estate, I can't imagine it ever getting old...
Old 01-09-2010, 08:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blittleton View Post
some people are easier to lose than others, steve Chevy motors in cobra's not a big market, but there are some people like these cars and motors from chevy. We have seen Buick grand national motors, viper motors, big and small block chevy, LS motors. It really doesn't matter what you think or your opinion is, the fact is build what you want. Be different, don't be like everyone else in this world to fit in. Just having fun with you.

Bill
That is really the point...if I want to put a Duratec Ford V6 in my SWB Lighweight Berlinetta for my own reasons.... it really doesn't matter to me WTF anyone thinks...

Last edited by Bartruff1; 01-09-2010 at 11:34 AM..
Old 01-10-2010, 03:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

=== Personally If I could swing it -

-I would put one of those 6.3 AMG mercedes motors in a Daytona Coupe.

I love the sound of that thing when the after burner is lit up....

Steve
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com