Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-16-2010, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None. Yet.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Used is the way to go when buying a Cobra.........
Bill, Your advice is greatly appreciated. I seem to recall somebody going by the moniker of "BillS" on the usenet roughly 15 years ago. Might that be you?
Old 05-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
(cannot remember if the issue was fronts or rears), check with the SCOF folks as they are up on all this stuff).
Bill S.
Rears,

And many cars do not have the issue. Depends upon the use/abuse level and tires. I have inspected an SPF circa 1500 that has no play in the rear shock mounts. Owner bought car used (not from us) and has used it a lot, enjoying every moment. We inspected no cost as it is the right thing to do.

All dealers are not b@stards, most of us come from the same stock you did.....guys who love the cars and the owners....we just pretend to try to make a living at it!

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 05-16-2010, 04:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2056, 515 HP ROUSH 402R
Not Ranked     

Once you Buy your Superformance don't hesitate to join the SCOF website as it has a great bunch of owners and great technical information should you need it. Or you can ask questions here and get great advice also. Either way do it now, also like me you have the support of you wife. She likes cruising up and down the coast as much as I do. Let the adventure begin!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 04:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Dealers are not b@stards, never have been. It is the big shops, the factories, the ones you see advertising on TV. The dealers have no authority, they always have to get permission from the supplier, be it an engine, chassis etc. The dealers are caught in between a rock and a hard spot. That is why you buy used, take it to a dealer, the dealers fix, dont need permission from anyone to fix etc.

Try to make a living in the auto business, LOL!!!! You dont have a chance from what I have seen. The quickets way to make a million in this business is to start with two million!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
Rears,

And many cars do not have the issue. Depends upon the use/abuse level and tires. I have inspected an SPF circa 1500 that has no play in the rear shock mounts. Owner bought car used (not from us) and has used it a lot, enjoying every moment. We inspected no cost as it is the right thing to do.

All dealers are not b@stards, most of us come from the same stock you did.....guys who love the cars and the owners....we just pretend to try to make a living at it!
Old 05-16-2010, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     

Good Luck!

You will have a blast!

E
Old 05-16-2010, 05:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Just to be clear. I have never ever had any issue with any vendor or supplier who advertises on this forum as far as Cobra's. If they do not advertise here, I would not use them regardless of what they are selling. The vendors that chime in here on different topics (Vintage, Keith Craft, Mustang Ranch, Vintage Upgrades, what used to be Dynamic Motorsports) are without a doubt your best ally and lead the greateast cobra enjoyment. If you have the chance to run a preowned cobra by one of those guys for inspection, you are better than new!!!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 05:36 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivinWest View Post
Bill, Your advice is greatly appreciated. I seem to recall somebody going by the moniker of "BillS" on the usenet roughly 15 years ago. Might that be you?
On the R.A.M.F.M., yup, that would have been me

Yours In More Than Just Fords,

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 05-16-2010, 09:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2608, Roush 427SR T-W
Not Ranked     

I think everyone will agree, the sooner you buy, the better. Buying a Cobra was one of the best things I have ever done. I have never had even a touch of buyer's remorse. It is a game changer! Ha, Ha.... if nothing else you will be amazed how many new friends you have!
Old 05-16-2010, 10:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

Superformance is a good brand, there are many of them out there, the owners are helpful and they are a clean canvas.

They have a basic framing to it, but they are factory built and supported.

I love mine, and love driving it. -- it is a personal expression of automotive freedom.

I would get as new a serial number as you can afford , that way you get the benefit of the updates over the years. -- say serial 2000+

Steve

Steve
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 06-04-2010, 08:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2689 Roush 427R TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Call Dennis Oltoff he has some used cars and he is excelent to deal with, or he can get new rollers. No one knows more about these cars than he does.

WildBill
Old 06-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

We just received SPO2960 for stock, Royal Blue/white stripes, glovebox, silver coated headers and pipes. Latest version with ZF rear differential and all updates.

Looks really good, but looks even better in your driveway!

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 06-10-2010, 09:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None. Yet.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV;
Looks really good, but looks even better in your driveway!
I don't doubt that! I'm headed to India for about 6 weeks. If it's still around when I get back, I'll be in touch!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     
Default Call Lance at Hillbank in California

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivinWest View Post
I don't doubt that! I'm headed to India for about 6 weeks. If it's still around when I get back, I'll be in touch!
DrivinWest, I too have had the Cobra bug for a long, long time and finally pulled the trigger on a roller and have a Superformance MK111 on order, linked up with a Roush 511 8 stack and Bowler transmission.

Superformance is a great brand, I have visited the factory where the rollers are built in South Africa and the workmanship is really great. Its a costly approach to buy new, but its your choice. For me it was just too difficult to build since I work in China and will retire soon, so I went with a new roller.

You have received some excellent advice from the guys on this forum, so here is one more word of encouragement, Lance at Hillbank has his demo on sale. Its an awesome ride since I drove it in December when I cut the deal on the roller, not sure what the asking price is but if you visit their website you can get additiona details.

As all the guys have said, don't wait, do it now. Don't wait until you are an old fart like me before you get the ride of your life. Cheers, tin-man
Old 07-07-2010, 02:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Juan,

If you want to contact me directly to discuss anything related to Superformance, please do. My name is Mark Borushko, and I am the New Vehicle Sales Manager. My email is markb@hillbankusa.com, and my direct number is 9499001362
Old 07-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MkIII
Not Ranked     

I have these 2 ready to go! No waiting and already titled!

http://www.tracksideautosports.com/p...h-a-427FE.html

http://www.tracksideautosports.com/p...I-SPO1716.html
Old 07-07-2010, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
Shane is a stand up guy and knows his stuff.. you can buy from him with COMPLETE confidence...
Old 07-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
when I bought mine (new) I assumed that a new car would be less trouble...that was not true in my case
Thats the way it is in a LOT of cases, new is no gaurentee you won't have to deal with some bugs. If I was buying used I'd want one with about 1,500 miles on it, good chance the bugs have been chased out by then. But, all of them, new or used, will have issues at some point.

Buying new is a good call because it allows you to get exactly what you want, with used, you almost always have to compromise on something. Just don't compromise to much, it's amazing how little things you don't like, keep eating at you over time. I sold my first Cobra because it really wasn't what I wanted, but I loved the car, but it bothered me, but I loved it. These cars are like that, love/hate from time to time. I finally threw in the towel and bought another one with specs closer to what I really wanted all along. Choose wisely...
Old 07-07-2010, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I could not agree more!!! There may be some that know as much as Shane when it comes to SPF, but none that know more. I feel guilty I havn't given him any business lately, now that is a salesperson!!! If he dont have want you want give him a couple weeks, he will find it and it will be quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartruff1 View Post
Shane is a stand up guy and knows his stuff.. you can buy from him with COMPLETE confidence...
Old 07-07-2010, 10:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
I could not agree more!!! There may be some that know as much as Shane when it comes to SPF, but none that know more. I feel guilty I havn't given him any business lately, now that is a salesperson!!! If he dont have want you want give him a couple weeks, he will find it and it will be quality.
X2 on Shane - go for it!
Old 07-08-2010, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excaliber View Post
Thats the way it is in a LOT of cases
So true.

When you buy a car that says "fully sorted out", it means that the car has all the bugs worked out. New cars will have issues.. I have had little items here and there on my current SPF, no more or less than my other cars, just different.

E

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: