Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 07:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post

Ps- Jack: love your ride!!!
Have I ever told you that the portofino blue with white stripes is one of the best kept secrets with regards to colour combos on a cobra. Looks fantastic!
Thank you for the compliment!!! Portofino Blue is actually one of the least popular colors for the car. In fact, I spoke with one of the folks who works with Dennis Olthoff when they were at the Walter Mitty historic races in Atlanta a couple of years ago and he said they called it "no sale blue" because Portofino Blue cars linger in their showroom and take longer to sell.

I think the combo of this color, white stripes and rear exhaust is great.

Jack
Old 01-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

OK,

I did not "disappear" Patrick, I actually do sleep at times. I find your assertion that that I "disappear" to be misleading and in keeping with your normal "stir the pot" types of posting. You are welcome to contact my customers to see what they think of my service.

Well here it is, the suggested list price of the Superfomance 289 Roadster is set at $60,900.00. This is the current price as of 11-2011.

We still like a potential customer to contact us (or the dealer of their choice) to get the FULL, COMPLETE information package. As the base price does not convey the list of equipment nor the level of details included, it is somewhat useless to use in compare to any other product(s).

Again, I invite anyone who wants detailed information to call, PM or email and I will be pleased to forward a complete information package.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 01-08-2012, 07:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia289 View Post
well said Jack , its like he has nothing else to do except hijack threads , change the subject and try and get reactions out of people... its Boring!!
I have nothing against Patrick, but he should be banned from posting on the Superformance forum. He loves to bash the Superformance brand and it does get old.

He has absolutely no intention of buying a Superformance Slabside so he does not need to contribute.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:18 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
Well here it is, the suggested list price of the Superfomance 289 Roadster is set at $60,900.00. This is the current price as of 11-2011.
There. Now wasn't that easy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback51 View Post
I have nothing against Patrick, but he should be banned from posting on the Superformance forum. He loves to bash the Superformance brand and it does get old.

He has absolutely no intention of buying a Superformance Slabside so he does not need to contribute.
Quite the contrary -- I have actually seriously considered the brand; FFR as well. (No kidding).

Last edited by patrickt; 01-08-2012 at 07:20 AM..
Old 01-08-2012, 07:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Actually, Patrick is banned from the Superformance subforum. See post 22 from the moderator...

Two New SPF Rollers in Stock...

Jamo, could you please comment?

Thank you,

Jack
Old 01-08-2012, 07:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakjack View Post
Actually, Patrick is banned from the Superformance subforum.
I'm sure it slipped his mind.

And, I'm sure that now that he got his answer, he has posted his last on this thread

ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Old 01-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
There. Now wasn't that easy?

Quite the contrary -- I have actually seriously considered the brand; FFR as well. (No kidding).
And I'm a virgin.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance/427 Sideoiler
Send a message via AIM to Kencollett Send a message via Yahoo to Kencollett
Not Ranked     

Mark, you are a man of great tolerance. A wise old man once told me, “you know it is a bit like a dog pile, the more you stir it the worse it stinks.” You are in debate with someone who wants nothing more than to provoke and argue. He will neither buy a car, nor will he help you sell one. Now I am beginning to remember why I have not posted here for over a year.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kencollett View Post
Now I am beginning to remember why I have not posted here for over a year.
Well, since you have 5 posts in 11 years, seems like you are spot on your run rate.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF SBF 392
Not Ranked     

And Kencollett's post was courteous - might be a lesson in there for the usual antagonists.

And if we are giving business lessons - the operators of club cobra should realize that the junk they allow to continue over and over year after year causes many many people to not even visit this website on a regular basis.

We all know that the regulars will ruin a thread sooner or later. so why even bother?

Maybe that would be a good thread - rate the moderators??
Old 01-08-2012, 08:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM351 View Post
And Kencollett's post was courteous - might be a lesson in there for the usual antagonists.

And if we are giving business lessons - the operators of club cobra should realize that the junk they allow to continue over and over year after year causes many many people to not even visit this website on a regular basis.

We all know that the regulars will ruin a thread sooner or later. so why even bother?

Here is a partial collection of patrickt's comments. The moderators find his behavior acceptable for Club Cobra. It is not my forum. They can do as they wish. He detracts from the forum. Allowing his continued participation on Club Cobra does reflect on the moderators. If this were my forum he would be gone for good...

Big block or small block?

post #6

What is it worth??? Newbie looking at buying first cobra

post #5 - in the Superformance subforum where he is banned

SOHC Kirkham

post # 30 - Pat says "I gave up bashing SPF cars for Lent"

Super Performance VS Backdraft

post #11

Jack
Old 01-08-2012, 08:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Dear Kencollett, DSM351 & Kayakjack,

I think you guys are being a little harsh.
Perhaps you are just having a bad day. I know I'm about to, by posting this, but feel it must be said.

True Patrick does stir the pot a little, and can tend to put some offside with his dry sarcastic nature, but in reality it's totally harmless.

Further I think you'll find that Patrick has assisted more people & has more posts resolving member's issues than the four of us have total posts combined.

I think the moderators have done well to keep him on board

Kayakjack - its easy to take a few posts (quotes) out of context to justify ones argument.
Eg1:
Post #11
Patrick clearly returning fire on an in house club joke about his 2 roll bars...

Eg2:
Post #30
SOHC Kirkham
When in context, I read it as Patrick encouraging the purchase of an SPF as a good idea.

Enjoy your day fellas

---------

Back to the thread Mark IV at $61K is about $10K cheaper than
Gulfcoast Motorworks.
Sales

Well done Mark IV

Last edited by Dimis; 01-08-2012 at 09:21 PM..
Old 01-08-2012, 09:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimis View Post
Dear Kencollett, DSM351 & Kayakjack,

I think you guys are being a little harsh.
Perhaps you are just having a bad day. I know I'm about to, by posting this
, but feel it must be said.

True Patrick does stir the pot a little, and can tend to put some offside with his dry sarcastic nature, but in reality it's totally harmless.

Further I think you'll find that Patrick has assisted more people & has more posts resolving member's issues than the four of us have total posts combined.

I think the moderators have done well to keep him on board

Kayakjack - its easy to take a few posts (quotes) out of context to justify ones argument.
Eg1:
Post #11
Patrick clearly returning fire on an in house club joke about his 2 roll bars...

Eg2:
Post #30
SOHC Kirkham
When in context, I read it as Patrick encouraging the purchase of an SPF as a good idea.

Enjoy your day fellas
I wish I was able to share your sentiment.

Patrick is not totally harmless. He means harm. Our love of these cars is enhanced by our sharing of information and helping each other in a positive way with issues that arise. Patrick has an ax to grind. He sometimes displays it in a humorous manner. Sometimes it is raw.

I own a Superformance. I don't mind discussion of Superformance or any other brand. That is one of the reasons we are here. But his constant bashing of Superformance grates on more people than those who speak up about it. It got him banned from the Superformance subforum, but that has not stopped him.

In this thread, all of his prattle about wanting to know the price of a Superformance is laughable. Now that he knows it, do you think he is ringing up a dealer to discuss purchase? He is just trying to make trouble.

As I said in my previous post, he should be banned from Club Cobra. He was banned from any participation in the Superformance subforum. He continued to post there. That is reason enough. That is also why I said his continued participation reflects on the moderators.

I am not having a bad day. I trust you are not either.

Jack
Old 01-08-2012, 11:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Never thought I'd be sticking up for Pat....
I worked it out a while ago that he only stirs the pot if the pot's stirable. If you don't bite it's all OK.
And "...he means harm..."? Oh, come on please.
Some of us are reading this thread and grinding teeth; others are having a good ol' laugh. Life's too short to to get hung up on a little perceived brand rivalry. There's nothing personal here, really.
Cheers,
Glen
Old 01-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayakjack View Post
I wish I was able to share your sentiment.

Patrick is not totally harmless. He means harm. Our love of these cars is enhanced by our sharing of information and helping each other in a positive way with issues that arise. Patrick has an ax to grind. He sometimes displays it in a humorous manner. Sometimes it is raw.

I own a Superformance. I don't mind discussion of Superformance or any other brand. That is one of the reasons we are here. But his constant bashing of Superformance grates on more people than those who speak up about it. It got him banned from the Superformance subforum, but that has not stopped him.

In this thread, all of his prattle about wanting to know the price of a Superformance is laughable. Now that he knows it, do you think he is ringing up a dealer to discuss purchase? He is just trying to make trouble.

As I said in my previous post, he should be banned from Club Cobra. He was banned from any participation in the Superformance subforum. He continued to post there. That is reason enough. That is also why I said his continued participation reflects on the moderators.

I am not having a bad day. I trust you are not either.

Jack
I don't share your sentiment. The mods, Jamo and Ron, have tolerance and run an excellent forum. I'm not particularly fond of subjects like politics, guns, Chevy buying back the Volt, etc. on a Cobra forum. And then there other postings that are off-topic, but nice to hear like Brent Lykins having his first baby, etc.

Patrick gives this site some intelligence, personality and humanity. He has also helped me and others with many of his posts like replacing the rear tail lights with LED's or the stupid-looking Third Encounters brake light in his trunk latch. I mean, who really drives a beige Cobra anyway?

So Patrick throws a barb at the SPF. Really? That bothers you? Why? He can throw barbs all day long at Kirkham for not having a manual like the ERA's. What happened to a little tolerance?

The Great Buddha wrote: "'If a person foolishly does me wrong, I will return to him the protection of my boundless love. The more evil that comes from him the more good will go from me. I will always give off only the fragrance of goodness."

Yea, I know. Religion, ugh.

Anyway, that's my opinion. Back to topic, which is the SPF slabside with a base price of $60,900. That's honestly not a bad deal at all. Hmmm.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb-60 View Post
And "...he means harm..."? Oh, come on please.

There's nothing personal here, really.

Cheers,
Glen
Glen,

In this thread's post #37 Patrick questions the customer service of a dealer because he did not post something during the hours Saturday night when most people are asleep. If you do not have good customer service in this business, you have nothing. If there are doubts about your customer service, people who do not know you will not do business with you. New people look to this forum for advice and direction.

I do not think Patrick did that in jest. Stuff like that causes harm. He meant harm.

And it was personal.

Jack

Last edited by kayakjack; 01-09-2012 at 02:38 AM.. Reason: content
Old 01-09-2012, 04:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Yes Jack, I agree. Surely good customer service is the key here? Maybe we - customers and dealers - just have different ideas of what good customer service is.
It did, however, take a dealer until post #42 to give the information that the OP requested. If that had been forthcoming at post #2 or #3, all of the cajoling and needling required to obtain that info most likely wouldn't have happened.
Incidentally, I described myself as a "FIA wannabe", so I'm a potential customer.

On another note, I also very much like your choice of car colour. How close to Viking Blue is it?

Cheers!
Glen

Last edited by xb-60; 01-09-2012 at 04:35 AM.. Reason: wanted to
Old 01-09-2012, 05:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yes Jack, I agree. Surely good customer service is the key here?

It did, however, take a dealer until post #42 to give the information that the OP requested. If that had been forthcoming at post #2 or #3, all of the cajoling and needling required to obtain that info most likely wouldn't have happened.

Incidentally, I described myself as a "FIA wannabe", so I'm a potential customer.

On another note, I also very much like your choice of car colour. How close to Viking Blue is it?

Cheers!
Glen
Glen

I agree about the "price dance". Doesn't excuse Patrick's behavior, but it is hard to understand why the price of a product you want to sell should be a mystery. The asking or suggested price anyway. Everything is negotiable.

The FIA looks like a spectacular car. Lots of thought went into it. I agree, it would be a great car to have and I would like one too. It would be a quite rare car - even in the small world of Cobras. The ones I have seen pictures of on this forum look great.

Viking Blue - I believe it is a bit darker blue than the Portofino Blue on my car. The Portofino Blue almost has a gunmetal look to it in certain lights. My car has white stripes which I think look great with the color. It has undercar exhaust, hood scoop and full width roll bar. Not sure that was a combination you could find on an original, but I like it.

Jack

Last edited by kayakjack; 01-09-2012 at 05:22 AM.. Reason: content
Old 01-09-2012, 05:40 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Perhaps my point as stated early on, this will turn into a long thread. Of course with sideliners posting barbs and innuendo it filled up to post #42 rather quickly.

The question has been answered but my invitation for further information has yet to be responded to.

And I know you kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince in this business. Trust me the inquiry to sale rate is probably 150/200 to 1.

I have no problem talking with people who probably will never purchase this type of car. I meet lots of people at shows who "just want to sit in one once", no problem. I can't tell you the number of kids we have let crawl into a GT40 so dad can get a picture of the kid behind the wheel. Hey, I was 10 years old once (a LONG time ago!) and heck, we LIKE to talk cars! So don't tell me I wasn't responding because I didn't think anyone here was a "potential buyer". There is no tatoo on the foreheads of "real buyers" that I.D.s then so we pretty well treat all people as customers.

There is a reason I did not respond right off to the pricing question but that is no reason to disparage our customer treatment and is quite insulting not just to me but to all of the vendors and dealers who are active on Club Cobra. I certainly have never posted negative things about a competitor, in fact have suggested some competitive products to people for whom it was a good choice and I am friendly with some "competitors" who you might expect I would not be.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 01-09-2012, 05:55 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM351 View Post
Wonderful...

We have our guidelines, we know when to let a conversation roll...and when to nip it in the bud.

We know when to censure and when to censor. It works.

The Forum is based on "discussion"... that often means differing opinions.

Civilized dissent is allowed; personal attacks or obscene and vulgar behavior is not.

Jamo and I know what it takes to keep Cobra owners happy and behaved....and coming back to the forum. A few don't...and that's OK.

That, my friend, is not an easy task.

Keep the rest of this thread on topic...the SPF SB Street car.

thanks
ron
ClubCobra Moderator

Last edited by computerworks; 01-09-2012 at 01:50 PM..