Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jhv48

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 06:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     
Default Superformance Alert!

I was just under my car (#2932) and while greasing the ball joints, noticed that the brake line that goes to the caliper (on both front wheels) appeared frayed. I turned the wheel in and out and discovered that on my car both front wheels rub the brake line when turned hard to the outside. I have 12,000 miles on the car and both front brake lines have rubbed through the outside stainless layer. I zip tied them to the upper wishbone and that seemed to get them out of the way of the wheel. Hopefully it's just my car, but I thought I should get the word out just in case someone else is rubbing too.
Wouldn't be fun to lose brake pressure during a spirited mountain drive.
GASKETBOY and mattpatt like this.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1235
Not Ranked     

Are the stainless brake lines from the factory? I thought they used rubber lines. If they were changed maybe the new lines are too long.
Superformance #1235
460/T5
Old 05-06-2012, 07:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dont View Post
Are the stainless brake lines from the factory? I thought they used rubber lines. If they were changed maybe the new lines are too long.

Checked mine which are rubber hoses and found no problems other than a portion of the wiring harness under the LHS fender going to the blinker light peeling the insulation off one wire. Repaired the wire and pulled harness from harms way...

Glenn
Old 05-06-2012, 08:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2689 Roush 427R TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Mine are stainless from the factory no problems 2689, that is why you should check your cars out frequently with what we put these cars through!

Bill
Old 05-06-2012, 10:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by dont View Post
These are the lines that came from the factory.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

Are they the DOT stainless covered with the reinforcment at the point where the hose attaches to the fitting?

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way
Old 05-07-2012, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Parker View Post
Are they the DOT stainless covered with the reinforcment at the point where the hose attaches to the fitting?
Yes they are.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SP3033, KC SBF 427
Not Ranked     

Jim - thanks for the heads up. I have SPF 3033 and checked the lines (have 1200 miles on the car). I have the upgraded brakes (6-pot fronts). The brakes (and lines ) were installed by the dealer (Hillbank). The lines are SS braided with reinforcement boots at the ends of the lines. The front brake lines were fine - no evidence of rubbing yet - but I did bend the frame braket to create a bit more clearance between the lines and the A-arm. The rear brakes were a different story. They were routed over an A-arm bolt joint and showed slight rubbing wear. Also the lines were tie wrapped to the A-arm and the contact point also showed wear. The wear was very minimal so I covered the lines at both werar points with 5/16 fuel line hose - should be fine now.

Thx!

Matt

Last edited by mattpatt; 06-19-2012 at 06:36 PM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: