Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By r67cat

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 11:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #243 - 351W stroked to 418
Not Ranked     
Default Tail lights on but brake lights off -

Very sorry to post something that's probably been covered at length many times over, but my searches both on the 'net and on these forums didn't produce the answer I need. I have a very early car (# 243) and after a night cruise tonight, I noticed I didn't have any brake lights backing into the garage. I remember this happening years ago, but forgot the remedy. Is this a switch issue or a fuse issue - and where would I find each item?
Many thanks in advance -
Old 03-28-2013, 10:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Gary,
There is a pressure switch on the Master Cylinder that has probably gone away.
Check out NAPA #ECH SL143 for replacement part.

edit: And yes, You can replace it without bleeding the system...

BTW: All this type of info is available on my Wiring Diagrams.

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net

Last edited by Blas; 03-28-2013 at 02:46 PM..
Old 03-28-2013, 10:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 428 FE
Not Ranked     
Smile

Hi Gary, I can attest that the wiring diagrams from Blas are indispensable in diagnosing these types of problems. Rick
Randy Rosenberg likes this.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks guys ... I really appreciate the info.
Cheers - G
Old 04-11-2013, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK, I give up.... Problem Fixed?

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry - got extremely busy & had to put the Cobra on the back burner for the moment. Will update when I address the problem. Thanks again.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-Tech 427 Comp by Craig Coombe
Not Ranked     

Blas, I don't know if it worked for Durt....but it worked for me :-)

My brake lights went out last week, and I found this thread. Fortunately, my prototype uses the same part. The only problem was that I didn't have a tool that could get it out! The switch is on the fender side of the master cylinder, and there's not much room. My local engine guy had the right tool, though...so after some contortions and frustrations all is well again.

Thanks as always.....Bill
Old 06-01-2013, 05:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Excellent...
As I recall, it's an easy replacement with the body off the chassis
FYI: With a little thought, you could convert it to a pedal activated switch like on the newer cars. I take it you have your car all back together if you required working brake lights...

Old 06-01-2013, 10:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-Tech 427 Comp by Craig Coombe
Not Ranked     

Yup....back together....I think the timing needs a minor tweak to get it just right, so that will be done next week. I'm trying to take care of any reliability issues that I can before the Colorado event.

Bill
Old 06-01-2013, 02:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Send me some photos if you get a chance. UNless you gallery photos are current.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Coupe #136, 427SR FI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
Excellent...
As I recall, it's an easy replacement with the body off the chassis
FYI: With a little thought, you could convert it to a pedal activated switch like on the newer cars. I take it you have your car all back together if you required working brake lights...
Blas brings up a good point. My master cylinder mounted switched failed early on and a) it was a bugger to get to and b) at the time no one could tell me if brake fluid would spew all over the car so I went the route of replace with a plunger style which is not impacted by the heat of the headers. Easy to do. Hardest part if configuring a mount.

Jeff