Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2015, 07:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVS View Post
when erect, it is difficult for him to get in and out of the car.
Um yea...no news here for any of us in that condition
Old 02-06-2015, 05:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF/427W by Keith Craft
Not Ranked     

After a certain date; the Tonneau cover and soft top were no longer included with the price of the car. I recommend the Tonneau cover. It is useful. The Soft Top is still in its original packaging. It has been said that it will be important if and when you decide to sell the car.
I really like the Silver Ceramic Coated Headers and Sidepipes. They are well worth the option price. There are after market options.
I recommend getting the Double Clear Coat. This gives you a little extra when it is polished. I didn't and now I wish I had. I think it was only $425.
I really like the Le Mans stripes, but wish now I would have paid to add the Gumballs/Roundels on the Hood and Trunk.
Another option I wish I had considered, Stainless Steel Quick Jacks. The black ones look great, but so do the S/S ones.
Do Not consider the Passenger fender mirror. A complete waste. I asked about, but realized it would be useless since you can't even see it.
The Radiator Screen and Oil Cooler Screen are another option that you should get. They are great.
I highly recommend you have the 3M Clear Bra applied immediately after completing the car. It will be money well spent.
I know the Glove Box was not available on S/C models, but it is really nice to have one. I hope my suggestions have been helpful.
Old 02-07-2015, 05:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Instead of sticking on a clear bra, that needs to be professionally applied, can yellow, and cant be taken off just use plasti-dip. Apply the clear with the glossifier and then peel it off when you want to apply it again.
https://www.dipyourcar.com/home.php

For better rear views, use a longer rear view mirror stem (craigs cobras), a parabolic driver side mirror attachment ( performance unlimited - cobra valley ) and a wind wing mounted mirror (HOME).
Old 02-18-2015, 08:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm on my 3rd Superformance and have never used my soft top. In fact I have never taken it out of the bags/packaging. Use the tonneau cover occasionally. No experience with the double clear but the standard paint finish on the rollers is world class.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Survival Motorsports aluminum FE 482
Not Ranked     

Curious, how are you on your third?
Old 02-18-2015, 02:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVS View Post
...when erect, it is difficult for him to get in and out of the car (he is about 30 years old, 6'3" or so).
I'm pushing 60, about the same height, and I have the same problem...
Old 02-20-2015, 01:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1309 www.spfowners.freeforums.net
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Bill View Post
I'm on my 3rd also. Had a small block that I purchased already built when I was in my 20's. Sold that and had one built to order with a big block also in my 20's. I was too young to appreciate the car at the time and wanted more of a creature comfort sports car. Got into Porsche 911 turbos.

Now that I'm older and wiser I sold my Porsche turbo and purchased my 3rd Cobra a year ago and I'm having a blast!

http://spfowners.freeforums.net/
Old 02-20-2015, 03:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyg View Post
Now that I'm older and wiser I sold my Porsche turbo and purchased my 3rd Cobra a year ago and I'm having a blast!
I think you have that in reverse.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Bill View Post
First was an Indigo Blue with white stripe 392 Ford small block stroker. Second was a Sunset red with Titanium stripe 427 FE with dual Holly 600cfm carbs built for me by John Vermeersh at Ford Racing. Currently I have a solid black more modern interpretation with Roush 427SR and 18" wheels and tires. All have been unique and fun in their own way.
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2015, 09:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Survival Motorsports aluminum FE 482
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierramadre View Post
First was an Indigo Blue with white stripe 392 Ford small block stroker. Second was a Sunset red with Titanium stripe 427 FE with dual Holly 600cfm carbs built for me by John Vermeersh at Ford Racing. Currently I have a solid black more modern interpretation with Roush 427SR and 18" wheels and tires. All have been unique and fun in their own way.
Nice, that is similar to the look I am going for.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2899 Dart 440 stroker 771 hp w/nitrous
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Nice Sierra - I think we may have met at the SPF lot at the cruise. Mine is almost identical except dual roll bars, Firefly performance ss pipes and 440 built by Kenetic Racing. Assembly was by Craig Aylsworth. I'm in Toledo.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gary Edwards Racing 460
Not Ranked     

Get the top and tonneau. They are made for the car. You get one shot at that. Can't change your mind if you don't get it. Resale value us another consideration. I dont have the double clear and my paint is deep as a well and has held up just fine.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Superformance Options

A few additional options you may be interested in:
The rivets in the in the hood are optional. In addition; the ferrules around the cockpit are for the soft top and tonneau cover and also optional.
Two other options not mentioned are the floor pan. You can have a sunken floor to give you a little more foot room. In addition; you can request the new option of having a narrower transmission tunnel. If you are always going to have a small block in the car than it would fit your needs. This will move your Clutch and Brake pedals to the right an 1 1/2".
Old 02-24-2015, 03:08 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPO 3098 View Post
A few additional options you may be interested in:
The rivets in the in the hood are optional. In addition; the ferrules around the cockpit are for the soft top and tonneau cover and also optional.
Two other options not mentioned are the floor pan. You can have a sunken floor to give you a little more foot room. In addition; you can request the new option of having a narrower transmission tunnel. If you are always going to have a small block in the car than it would fit your needs. This will move your Clutch and Brake pedals to the right an 1 1/2".
No, the rivets are standard on the "S/C" with the hood scoop as are the ferrules for the soft top and side curtains. There is no "sunken floor" option, that is standard on the drivers side and has been for many years.

Yes there are now THREE footbox configurations that allow for different engines. The "standard" foot box setup allows either the Windsor series, the "FE" series or the "385" series engines. A no cost option is the "small block" footbox that gives more width and will only accommodate the Windsor engines. Last is the "Modular" footbox that will handle the 4.6/5.4 engines and the 5.0 Coyote.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 02-25-2015, 03:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Coupe #136, 427SR FI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Gary - Cobra looks great! Jeff
Old 02-25-2015, 02:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mark IV; thanks for the additional information.
Jeff, thanks for the compliment.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffgrice View Post
Gary - Cobra looks great! Jeff
Thanks Jeff. I hope to be able to drive it more this year. Only managed about 500 miles last summer.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonsnake View Post
Nice Sierra - I think we may have met at the SPF lot at the cruise. Mine is almost identical except dual roll bars, Firefly performance ss pipes and 440 built by Kenetic Racing. Assembly was by Craig Aylsworth. I'm in Toledo.
Sounds like a beautiful car. I wasn't at the cruise but look forward to seeing your ride on the road this year.