Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2016, 01:32 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Just ask Anthony Boosalis about his #3026 competition Cobra and how a guy at a show came to look at it with a big German Shepard on a leash. The dog tried to jump on it and raked the side of the car with his nails!

I have sat with him at shows and now he sets up his lawn chair and doesn't move all day, just keeping an eye on it.

Then, you get the guys that bring their kids and without asking permission, just drop them into your car for a pic sometimes with an ice cream in their hand. Yes, I have been through that and was standing right there next to my car and it even had a sign on it that said "do not touch". Maybe ask permission first?

No, I don't go to many anymore unless for a really good cause. Done a couple of Make a Wish things and stuff for a few charities, but that's about it.
Old 07-23-2016, 01:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
The toughest question I ever had at a show was when a guy came up to me and said "your car looks great, and you've had it quite a while, but I have a question, do you pronounce it "EEE-RAH" or is it pronounced with the letters "E-R-A" or like the word "ERA"?
Respond with: "It's pronounced P-F-O".
Old 07-23-2016, 01:36 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleguy55 View Post
Respond with: "It's pronounced P-F-O".
Naaah, they'd think it had something to do with that hole in the heart thing. One guy did get it confused with the original ERAs and thought it looked great for a car from the 1930's. english-racing-automobiles-era | Motor Sport Magazine
Old 07-23-2016, 08:19 PM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

I see the car show thing has a strong following...

Tru
Old 07-23-2016, 08:41 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by trularin View Post
I see the car show thing has a strong following...

Tru
I go to lots of them all the time. I just don't take my car. I wander around and admire things and keep my mouth shut.
Ron61 and Bartruff1 like this.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Same with me Bernica. That Please Do No Touch sign is just like putting a Wet Paint sign on a bench. Everyone has to touch it to see what they shouldn't do so. I like to wander through then shows and look and talk to the owners, but no way am I going to sit all day watching one of my cars to keep the idiots from crawling into it or over it.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 07-24-2016, 10:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft RT3 #1133, Ford Racing 306
Not Ranked     

We have a pretty nice car show here in Saratoga, CA every year. Some of you other gear heads in the area might like it. Here is the writeup about the show last week: Saratoga: 'Cool' car show draws thousands downtown - Mercury News
Old 07-27-2016, 04:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     

Car show woes and idiosyncrasies are my pet peeve. It never fails that the question of real come up. The disdain that you see on people's faces after they say "oh its just another kit!" Or " what's the difference between a kit and a replica?" I always use the word "replica-period" I explain how the car was manufactured and for the most part they end up satisfied with the explanation and my sincerity. I also provide them some history about the Cobra. I do have a problem with "it's just a kit" I take their disdain as oh it is a piece of ----! I am very proud of how my car is showed and I am OCD about how I will present it at a show. I do enjoy driving my car extensively but I also enjoy the camaraderie with fellow show attendees.
Here is my car at the Bear Mountain Car Cruise
Just my personal opinion about this thread.

Old 07-27-2016, 05:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 963, 351W
Not Ranked     

Since we're talking pet peeves, here's mine: hoods open. WTF? Is this a car show? Or an engine show? Having the hood open DESTROYS the perspective of the car/truck/whatever. The beauty of the car's design/architecture is RUINED by the open hood. Do participants understand this? Another reason I stay away from CAR shows....it's more of an ENGINE show. To me, it's terrible. I like to see the car itself and it's design, it's stance, the way the body lines flow, etc. Having the hood open totally ruins all that. When I attended shows, I noticed it was happening more and more. And looking at photos of car shows, it seems that it's more prevalent now more than ever. Participants probably don't even realize how bad this is. It ruins the "show" for me. By the way this rant isn't aimed at anyone here, just a general rant. I need my coffee. :-)

Last edited by Antny; 07-27-2016 at 06:52 AM..
Old 07-27-2016, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antny View Post
Since we're talking pet peeves, here's mine: hoods open. WTF? Is this a car show? Or an engine show? Having the hood open DESTROYS the perspective of the car/truck/whatever. The beauty of the car's design/architecture is RUINED by the open hood. Do participants understand this? Another reason I stay away from CAR shows....it's more of an ENGINE show. To me, it's terrible. I like to see the car itself and it's design, it's stance, the way the body lines flow, etc. Having the hood open totally ruins all that. When I attended shows, I noticed it was happening more and more. And looking at photos of car shows, it seems that it's more prevalent now more than ever. Participants probably don't even realize how bad this is. It ruins the "show" for me. By the way this rant isn't aimed at anyone here, just a general rant. I need my coffee. :-)

Point taken, but most of the shows I have attended they want the hoods open and even some the trunk also ( I detest that) the engine bay I don't mind that much.
Lou
Old 07-27-2016, 05:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I've heard that the Bear Mountain wednesday night shows are amazing. Never been there, even though I'm so close.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LSC body, "Healthy" 357
Not Ranked     

I love going to "impromptu" car shows, i.e. cars and coffee, local benefits, etc. I keep a dozen or so "hotwheel" sized models in the glove box to hand out to "special" admirers. Some I invite to set in the drivers' seat, cock an arm over the door sill and take a picture that they might treasure in the future. We are a small fraternity, and I fear are a dying breed - therefore, if I can make a young person smile (maybe even his parents), then it is all my passion. Mine is a driver, I live to rip down the blacktop with my friends, and annoy old women with the noxious sound, and make small children run for their mothers' side. It is not a "show" car, I do not present it as such, and if I have to tell people to curb their spawn from hanging off of the wind wings, I just fire 'er up and drive off, no harm, no foul. Life is short, bring joy, laugh while you can, run it to the limit one more time...
Blas, jhv48, csw and 2 others like this.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antny View Post
Since we're talking pet peeves, here's mine: hoods open. WTF? Is this a car show? Or an engine show?
I personally like to see the engine bay on any car in a show.
I guess your not a motor head, I'm also guessing you have no idea how to work on your car either.
BAsque1 likes this.
Superformance #884 --- Sold
No more Furds.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWRAT View Post
I personally like to see the engine bay on any car in a show.
I guess your not a motor head, I'm also guessing you have no idea how to work on your car either.
Hahah, funny. I can see why you would think that. But your guesses are very wrong. But whatever turns you on. Like I said, it's just a pet peeve of mine, no one else has to agree.

Ciao, sweetie.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 427 Stroked Windsor TKO 600 w/3.50 posi 9"
Not Ranked     

I have to say that I'm one that love car shows.
Mine is not "show quality" but a lot of people love to look at it and ask questions. Since mine is driven often, it doesn't present itself as show quality nor "original" so I'm not inclined to embellish concerning if its real or accurate. I usually tell them what "kit" it is and explain what went into building it, and that I did all of it myself except for the front end alignment. I don't sit around my car all day, but look at the amazing work some of these artist do with their cars (and engines if they have the hood open). I meet someone almost every time that has no idea what it is but loves it! It gives me an opportunity to introduce them to our passion!
I'd rather get with about 5 or 10 other cobras and cruise around some great roads but that's not always available, so the car shows are just another way to enjoy these beautiful creations!
Old 07-28-2016, 06:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Maybe he was selling his car and was trying to justify the price
Old 07-28-2016, 07:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: All original, with Chevy engine since 1964
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWRAT View Post
You based those two conclusions on the simple fact that he doesn't like to open his hood at car shows...?

I also think cars look better when they're presented in a "ready for operation" posture, as opposed to "ready for repair" ...

You know that my hands are the only ones that have touched my car since I brought it home, and you've also never seen my hood open at a local show (unless someone asks - I'll gladly pop the bonnet on request for the motorheads, no problem)- Again- Just personal opinion. Different strokes for different folks....

Of course, what's there to see under my hood anyway? Except a 92 Ford EFI, 500 miles of wire harness, and an A/C compressor...
Antny likes this.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4***
Not Ranked     

I only go to charity show and shines as well.
The few concours I've entered I do spend the entire time keeping people with big watches, drinks, strollers, dogs and people who have no respect for other people's property away from my car.
Once followed a lady with a stroller in one had and a cell phone in the other (staying between her and my car) all the way around my car. She made it a point to interrupt her phone call to tell me in a snide tone 'I won't scratch your car!' to which I replied 'I know you won't!'
Now I only attend judged shows where the cars are roped off. This way I can at least leave my car and enjoy the show.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1309 www.spfowners.freeforums.net
Not Ranked     

I rarely go to car shows, if I do I park, go look at the other cars and then leave. Probably there an hour at the most. I'm too ADD to sit there all day, I would rather be driving.
Antny likes this.

http://spfowners.freeforums.net/
Old 07-28-2016, 09:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 289 c.i. with a T-5 "Living the Cobra Experience"
Not Ranked     

We only do the car shows that are for a good causes, we especially like supporting the military, i.e. Folds of Honor, Veterans Centers, VFW, etc... Other than those, my wife & I would rather drive the Cobra. The more cruises we can do in the Cobra, the better it is, after all, we built the car to drive. Many of our "car" friends would rather sit at a car show ALL day instead of driving their cars, I just don't understand it, but to each his own. I know a few of them just don't trust their cars.
Antny likes this.

"Living the Cobra Experience"