Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-28-2016, 01:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 963, 351W
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore_rb View Post
You based those two conclusions on the simple fact that he doesn't like to open his hood at car shows...?
Amazing, right? Considering the comment came from someone that needs help with his windshield wipers and how his fuel cap is vented.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra/427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antny View Post
I've heard that the Bear Mountain wednesday night shows are amazing. Never been there, even though I'm so close.
They are very nice, I have a bit of a bone to pick with the fact that they allow new cars and that detracts from the vintage cars. You need to get there at least at 4:00 pm to get a good spot otherwise you will be in the boonies and a pain to get out when it ends. The entry fee is $5.00. Let me know when you are going and we can meet there, they meet every Wednesday until Sept .
Lou
Old 07-28-2016, 03:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAsque1 View Post
They are very nice, I have a bit of a bone to pick with the fact that they allow new cars and that detracts from the vintage cars. You need to get there at least at 4:00 pm to get a good spot otherwise you will be in the boonies and a pain to get out when it ends. The entry fee is $5.00. Let me know when you are going and we can meet there, they meet every Wednesday until Sept .
Lou
If I can ever break free early from the grind to get there early enough I will be in touch. Thanks!
BAsque1 likes this.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Since we're talking pet peeves, here's mine: hoods open. WTF? Is this a car show? Or an engine show?

Amazing, right? Considering the comment came from someone that needs help with his windshield wipers and how his fuel cap is vented.
Maybe out here in Arizona we just do it different.
If you have something worth showing, you show it. If you don't then you don't.
You would be really peeved at our shows, but you're still welcome to come any time.
Superformance #884 --- Sold
No more Furds.

Last edited by DWRAT; 07-28-2016 at 03:34 PM..
Old 07-28-2016, 04:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

I like to visit car shows and wander around looking but I'm not big on being a participant. I've seen enough un-attended children, dogs, bicycles, skateboards, teeny-booper fender sitters, and just plain idiots to last me the rest of my life. However I did venture out to a cruise night in my ERA a couple months ago since a bunch of my car buddies were I think, questioning if I had ever managed to get it finished. I have to admit I was a little touched by the 9 or 10 year old boy who dragged his mom up to my car and looked it over good until he spotted the Cobra emblem on the trunk. His eyes got big and he turned to his mom and started on about "This is a Cobra. This is the coolest car ever made. I've never seen one. Is it real?" After answering some questions, showing him the engine bay and letting his mom snap his photo standing next to it - he went on his way a happy camper. I'm not a children person but afterwards I wish I had taken him for a quick ride.

A note on those open hoods - older Corvette owners deal with a well known problem with the sun reflecting off those GM chrome air cleaner lids that act like a perfect reflecting prism and will focus sun rays on the underside of the hood, burning a nice stripe right down the underside and topside of the hood paint as the sun angle changes. It's a good idea to put a towel or something over those chrome air cleaner lids if you like to open your hood.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #2660, FE-406
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester67 View Post
As a Backdraft owner, I am first in line to say it is not even close to the same size.
Had an old girl friend tell me that once.
BAsque1 and Millsy like this.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: All original, with Chevy engine since 1964
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWRAT View Post
If you have something worth showing, you show it. If you don't then you don't.
Maybe, maybe not. I mean, I do pride myself on my ability to keep my pants on while I'm walking around at car shows....

Of course- I do have that sticker on my windshield that says "I GET 30MPG ON THE HIGHWAY, AND I CAN STILL RUN 12's"

so maybe your point is well taken...
Old 07-28-2016, 06:10 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
I have to admit I was a little touched by the 9 or 10 year old boy who dragged his mom up to my car and looked it over good until he spotted the Cobra emblem on the trunk. His eyes got big and he turned to his mom and started on about "This is a Cobra. This is the coolest car ever made. I've never seen one. Is it real?" After answering some questions, showing him the engine bay and letting his mom snap his photo standing next to it - he went on his way a happy camper. I'm not a children person but afterwards I wish I had taken him for a quick ride.
ANY show I have had my car at, if someone's kid is excited and the parents are respectful enough to ask, I will gladly help get the kid in the car for a nice pic.
It's the ones that don't ask and just drop the kid in the car that tend to p##s me off.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernica View Post
ANY show I have had my car at, if someone's kid is excited and the parents are respectful enough to ask, I will gladly help get the kid in the car for a nice pic.
It's the ones that don't ask and just drop the kid in the car that tend to p##s me off.
I did just that tonight! Was at the local ice cream shop with my daughter in the Cobra. A little boy and his dad were admiring the car so I asked if they wanted to sit in it for a photo op. They were thrilled. Maybe the kid will one day be a Cobra owner. They didn't even ask to see the engine.
BAsque1 likes this.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:05 PM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I did just that tonight! Was at the local ice cream shop with my daughter in the Cobra. A little boy and his dad were admiring the car so I asked if they wanted to sit in it for a photo op. They were thrilled. Maybe the kid will one day be a Cobra owner. They didn't even ask to see the engine.
THAT'S what I'm talking about! And yes, that pic will probably be on his bedroom wall. Nice!
BAsque1 and Antny like this.