Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2017, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ford Racing 363/8-stack injection, SPFR0012
Not Ranked     
Default SPFR 0012 is just waiting for it's SB100.

Well it hasn't taken that long, but it's seems like forever. Wail SPFR 0011 is going to be a real race car. Ours is going to see multi use, some track days, rallies, family summer evening trips to dinner.

It's all tuned, waiting for Smog check, and final SB paper work. I did get a around the parking lot test drive. . There are some minor changes that seem to have gotten mixed up, Tires will be changed to Avon's, and a other little nit picks before we take delivery.

Mark.
Blas, 1985 CCX, kbutler971 and 3 others like this.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 3012
Not Ranked     

Guardsman? Looks great on a 289!
1985 CCX and Moto One like this.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Mark,

Looks great! Like the Webber look

Hopefully the registration process goes smooth. While mine is at the shop they are retrofitting four way flashers on a 289 street car, as NY now requires 4 way flashers to pass safety inspection. all I need on the race car are working brake lights.

Goog luck!

Jim
Moto One likes this.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

4 way flashers!!! I didn't even think about that, may not be required on a SB here, now that I think about it having them may not be a bad idea.

Also the color is Galaxy Blue, a little lighter then Guardsmen, brighter then Viking. As the 3 bears would say; "it's just right" for us. Thanks for the likes.
Old 05-15-2017, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Not needed in Ca. to get your exemption. Yet!
Old 05-16-2017, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'll be looking into adding 4ways after it's delivered. We have entered the sleepless anticipation mode...

Mark
Old 05-16-2017, 03:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mark,

I would check with Mark IV to see what they have worked up. He may have a set-up worked out that would ease the installation.

Jim
Old 05-16-2017, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
Mark,

I would check with Mark IV to see what they have worked up. He may have a set-up worked out that would ease the installation.

Jim
Thanks Jim

I'll give them a look.

Mark
Old 05-17-2017, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Sorry for the delay, been real busy of late.

you just take a feed from any full time power supply, (like on ignition switch), add a switch if the flasher you choose to use does not include one, and feed it to the aftermarket flasher units input connection. The output of the flasher unit gets joined to the wiring feeding both the front and rear lighting fixtures parking lights. This setup will operate with the car running or not. Consult your wiring diagrams. Tie in down line of the Reese converter.
Blas
Moto One likes this.

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 05-18-2017, 08:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Blas.

Mark.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

How does one do four way flashers with DB10?
Old 05-19-2017, 08:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'll be going over the wiring digram to see just how this all works when we get the car home. I'v install flasher kits on equipment before, Hey what could go wrong. Right now we are more concern with mounting shoulder harness, and hopefully getting the car soon enough to put some miles on it before a track day we have coming up. "Come on Calif DMV." Other wise I'll be driving my other plastic car... witch is fun too.

Mark.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:05 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985 CCX View Post
How does one do four way flashers with DB10?
A three pole switch and a flasher. Hot to the switch with the flasher in the switch feed line. Poles on switch to brake light line and front turn signal feeds. The three pole switch keeps the brakes from being connected to the turn signals. You can also use a single pole switch with diodes to prevent feeding all of the circuits when not wanted.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 05-19-2017, 09:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mark,

There is not a lot behind the rear panel to attach the shoulder harnesses to. The rear panel is thin gauge aluminum and will not support a shoulder harness. There are anchors behind the seats for the lap belts. There is a frame behind the panel for the differential and there is a hoop that travels on the underside of the body above the differential frame. I am attaching photos of mine. In order to remove that rear panel you have to remove the seats and transmission tunnel, then the panel is removed by taking out some screws and carefully maneuvering it out. For the driver you can add a bar to the hoop above the bodywork for the shoulder harness, the passenger is the more difficult one.

By the way, you are not going to have that open space that you see above my differential housing, as that is where you gas tank is. I deleted the gas tank as my fuel cell will be in the trunk.

Jim

Moto One likes this.

Last edited by 1795; 05-20-2017 at 09:44 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 05-19-2017, 11:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Add a couple stiffeners to the roll bar. A crossbar near the top and a diagonal bar down from it. Use the new crossbar as your harness mounting points. BUT, how tall are you? You want the shoulder harness connection close to your shoulders and not below. There is a guide somewhere for this. I can send it if I can find it. You can get a compressive spine injury if the harness is mounted too far below your shoulders and you have a serious shunt. No "Y" style belts either. Or add a crossbar above bodywork. Head pad on hoop too is a good idea. Especially if the car sees any street time.
Blas
Moto One likes this.

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 05-20-2017, 10:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Jim & Blas.

For now we are going with the bar on the hoop. For the passenger side (street use only) we will look into Jim's suggestion.

Mark
Old 05-26-2017, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Still waiting on SB100, here's an up dated photo with Avons mounted (sticker tire, better profile). June 5 is our promise date.

sleepless nights of excitement.

Mark.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SAI FIA, 289HP (5-bolt), 48IDA Webers
Not Ranked     

After looking at your recent photos, are you not going to run a differential cooler?
Old 05-26-2017, 02:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompClassics View Post

After looking at your recent photos, are you not going to run a differential cooler?
No differential cooler at this time. Given that I will only be running sprints, and I have the aluminum cover with the cooling fins, over heating the differential should not be an issue. It was also stretching the budget a little too.

If I decide to run longer races I can retrofit one next year. The wiring is already in place for it.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto One View Post
Still waiting on SB100, here's an up dated photo with Avons mounted (sticker tire, better profile). June 5 is our promise date.

sleepless nights of excitement.

Mark.
Mark,

It does look nice. June 5 is only a week away. Soon it will be on the road and you will have to carry a toothbrush in your pocket to brush the bugs of of that ear-to-ear smile
Moto One likes this.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: