Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2018, 10:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk3 with Roush 427R
Not Ranked     
Default Le Mans Fuel Assumedly Removal?

Update after removing it and assuming it is a later car with the lockable cap in the filler:

1. From under the car, loosen the large hose clamp between the 90* metal elbow and rubber hose to the filler. Pull the elbow out of the hose.

2. Reach up and loosen the clams that attaches the tank vent to the filler neck. I used a 90* low profile ratchet bit driver and socket to loosen this clamp. At this time, you will see a nylon wire tie holding the vent and drain lines to the filler tube. Cut it off.

3. Remove the 6 flat head fasteners from the cap assembly from the top of the fender and lift the cap/neck assembly right out. There were no nuts, there is a threaded ring glued between the liner and fender.

4. If you want to remove the Le Mans cap from the filler neck, there are 4 socket head cap screws attaching it to the bottom. It is also attached with sealant. I put the filler neck in my rubber jawed vice and tapped the bottom of the cap with a nylon hammer to take it free. When you reassemble, you will want to clean off the old sealant and use a Permatex fuel safe sealant here.

Thanks to those that pointed me in the right direction!

------------------------------

I have the update Le Mans filler that has the lockable fuel cap under the Le Mans lid.

Does anyone know how to get the Le Mans cap off the top of the assembly? I assumed it was just the 6 screws and was sitting on top of the lockable cap/filler neck assembly but it doesn't want to come off. It doesn't look like it is sandwiched under the filler neck either. Whatever it is, it is not obvious.

Last edited by Apex_speed; 07-10-2018 at 04:37 PM..
Old 07-03-2018, 04:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: v10 ford
Not Ranked     

Have you removed the tube from the cap to the fuel tank? The lip may also be bonding to the body and need separating.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance. 427 Windsor.
Not Ranked     

You have to gain access from underneath and remove the screws.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

There is a ring inside the trunk that the screws on the topside of the cap assembly attach to. The cap assemble my have been waterproofed with some silicone to the fiberglass. As I recall I disconnected the filler hose inside the wheel well to remove the cap assembly from above with a small length of hose connected to it.
When you reassemble, be sure to seal the cap flange to the body with some silicone or the recessed area on the body for the cap assembly will collect water and it will drain into the trunk.
I might have photos at home. I'll check after work.
Blas

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net

Last edited by Blas; 07-03-2018 at 08:00 AM..