Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2021, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MKIII Ford Big Block
Not Ranked     
Default I'm a Superformance Cobra MKIII owner!

Well on Monday I bought a Superformance Cobra MKIII! I am very excited to get my new to me vehicle. I purchased it from a private owner in Miami, I live in the Metro Detroit area (Novi). It should be on its way to me via closed carrier tomorrow. It is Indigo Blue with Viper Steel stripes, has 6700 miles on it. I found it right here on Club Cobra in the for sale section.

I'm excited to be part of the Superformance owners club, so to speak.

Ray
Riverside racer likes this.
Old 03-03-2021, 02:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Congratulations. Be safe and enjoy. Remember to go easy at first until you get the hand of the car. They will change ends in a hurry and there is no traction control, power steering or antilock brakes.

Welcome to the club.

Jim
Old 03-03-2021, 02:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 manowar forged crank roller rockers . BIG CAM.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

congrats! tell us more what engine trans combo tires and such.by the way like the color choice
Old 03-03-2021, 03:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hass,
It is a Ford 460 based engine. The previous owner did not have much information.. I am the fourth owner. BLAS looked up my car and believes it is a 460 stroked to 545 cid. It has a TREMEC TKO-600 5 speed transmission. Yokohama tires 275/40ZR17 fronts and 315/35ZR17 rears, unfortunately I believe they are the original tires and should be replaced. As near as I can tell it has not had any upgrades done to the suspension.

Ray

Last edited by raybones; 03-03-2021 at 04:18 PM..
Old 03-03-2021, 03:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Well done.....
Blas

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 03-03-2021, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 manowar forged crank roller rockers . BIG CAM.
Not Ranked     

wow thats a lot of cubic inches! I thought my 427 was a lot must sound great! I am one of those who believe you got to have that big sound the small cubes just do not sound the same.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

welcome!! post some photos when you get her...
Old 03-03-2021, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike,

Here are a few from when I went to Miami to look it over:

Ray
rads42, TN Shelby Cobra and Clarko like this.
Old 03-03-2021, 05:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

Ray, For all I know you are a retired Formula 1 driver, but most folks have never driven a car capable of breaking traction on the rear tires just by pushing the accelerator pedal smoothly toward the floor. When that happens the back end can jump out to one side and the car is suddenly pointed toward a curb or ditch or tree or oncoming truck. A similar thing can happen if you abruptly try to slow down from high speed by down shifting and letting off the gas on a 500+ ci engine. ... So if you are a retired F1 driver, please ignore me. Otherwise, for your own safety and others on the same road, please take it very easy at first. When you decide to find the limits on that beast, please be far away from other people and roadside obstacles. I strongly suggest you take a high performance driver's course with your car, or participate in a sanctioned autocross event. .. Enjoy your new car. Safely.
Alfa02 likes this.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
Old 03-03-2021, 08:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk3, Roush 427
Not Ranked     

The stock swaybars are far too stiff in the rear vs the front, so be careful when you take your first few hard turns.

My car did a nice tail slide/drift up my block the day I drove it home. Exciting...

With the RT suspension (cobra valley), it drives and handles like a modern sports car, of not better than most.
No more surprises.

-Dave
Old 03-03-2021, 10:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

Everything that everyone has said about getting to know the car before getting frisky is spot on, Ray. SPF's are pretty good cars right out of the box, so to speak, but there are a few tender spots that need to be upgraded. One that has spanned generations of cars is the upper rear shock mounts. For doing such a good job throughout the rest of the car those shock mounts look particularly out of place.

Cobra Valley, who offers a variety of very nice upgrades, has a fix for the rear shock mounts. This is what it looks like.

The whole package can easily be installed on a Saturday morning with a pizza and a few beers. Here is a link to their site with much more info, click here => Cobra Valley Rear Shock Mounts. The upgrade is SPF chassis number specific so look for the package that matches up with your chassis number.

Ed
TN Shelby Cobra likes this.

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 03-04-2021, 04:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #720
Not Ranked     

Great looking car, best of luck with it!
Old 03-04-2021, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison
Not Ranked     

Congratulations. Just got mine the other day. Hope to see you at an event some day.
Old 03-04-2021, 06:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
Congratulations. Be safe and enjoy. Remember to go easy at first until you get the hand of the car. They will change ends in a hurry and there is no traction control, power steering or antilock brakes.

Welcome to the club.

Jim
Congrats!!!
Make sure you join SCOF!!!!! More techincal info and
expertise on the Superformance than you can imagine. Additionally, the runs they put together will blow you away!!
Old 03-04-2021, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 15th Anniv BDR #1507 // 427R
Not Ranked     

Congrats. I really wanted that Cobra and the seller didn't respond to my messages! Coincidently I'm in Clinton Township. Enjoy!!!
raybones likes this.
Old 03-04-2021, 11:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattrotakis View Post
Congrats. I really wanted that Cobra and the seller didn't respond to my messages! Coincidently I'm in Clinton Township. Enjoy!!!
He told me I was the first to respond and he did not want to deal with more than one person at a time. He was very responsive to my inquiries and easy to talk with. I guess I got lucky.

Ray
Old 03-05-2021, 07:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

My new Cobra is on the way! When it was being loaded into the car-hauler the pervious owner took a picture of the undercarriage, I can't believe how clean it is!

Ray
Old 03-06-2021, 03:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Coupe #136, 427SR FI
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybones View Post
Well on Monday I bought a Superformance Cobra MKIII! I am very excited to get my new to me vehicle. I purchased it from a private owner in Miami, I live in the Metro Detroit area (Novi). It should be on its way to me via closed carrier tomorrow. It is Indigo Blue with Viper Steel stripes, has 6700 miles on it. I found it right here on Club Cobra in the for sale section.

I'm excited to be part of the Superformance owners club, so to speak.

Ray
Congrats Ray!!!

I am also in the area...Harrison Twp.

Check out our Club - www.greatlakescobraclub.com. We have a ton of fun!

Jeff
Old 03-06-2021, 10:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, BluePrint 427
Not Ranked     

Nice car, Ray. You must be going crazy in anticipation. I have a Superformance MKIII also and found it hard to wait. Welcome to Club Cobra.

Dave and SNAKE65 - vin # 3319
Old 03-06-2021, 12:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotoxide View Post
Nice car, Ray. You must be going crazy in anticipation. I have a Superformance MKIII also and found it hard to wait. Welcome to Club Cobra.

Dave and SNAKE65 - vin # 3319
Thanks,

I am going crazy! I fear the hardest part will be when the car arrives and I will not be able to drive it while I wait about 4 weeks for my plates to be approved. I am putting "Authentic" 1965 plates on it and I need to have the Title in my name and mail in the application to the State of Michigan. It can't be done in person. That is going to be tough!

Ray

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: