Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 11-01-2006, 06:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As Woodz indicated, Scof and Second strike memberships are simply limited to owners of Superformance vehicles. I don't understand Rob's issue. If you own the vehicle, and have an SPF# sign up.....if not, don't.
I have read a number of posts on this site which seem to indicate a tremendous hostility toward Superformance and SPF owners in general. I have never read a post where an SPF owner blasted any other brand though.
Why is that?
Old 11-01-2006, 07:07 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccadriver
As Woodz indicated, Scof and Second strike memberships are simply limited to owners of Superformance vehicles. I don't understand Rob's issue. If you own the vehicle, and have an SPF# sign up.....if not, don't.
I have read a number of posts on this site which seem to indicate a tremendous hostility toward Superformance and SPF owners in general. I have never read a post where an SPF owner blasted any other brand though.
Why is that?
SCCA Driver,

Nobody is putting down the SPF cars, just the attitude of some of their owners (as with certain CSX and FFR owners just to name a few of the more vocal groups). With any secular group of owners comes a superiority issue of one vs another, in this case as a long time member of CC and a member of SCOF I can tell you that it is not a one sided argument (takes at least two to create the conflict and feed off the perpetuation of it), as you have people with EGO issues of people questioning their decisions and their wisdom when it came to purchasing what they did on both sides of the equation. Some here will say that is not the case, as will some on SCOF, but if you sit back and take a hard look, you'll see what I am talking about. Is one brand better than another, yes, and no, is one organization better than another, again the answer is yes, and no. Should problems and issues be confined to just one or the other, my personal opinion and answer is a resounding no, as the knowledge (both good and bad) should not be bottled up, but shared freely with others so that everyone can learn from it. In closing, to be so close minded and petty as to argue about something as simple as this (I am not singling any one person out, just making a blanket statement for those that need to do a little more soul searching of their own) seems to be counter productive to everyone involved, after all, we are all enthusiasts, bitten by the same bug, as such we should not be trying to separate ourselves into small groups, but come together as one large group for the good of all involved in our hobby. Without everyone forgetting the basics of the hobby, events like the DVSF (I II III etc) would have never taken place. That is it from me in a nutshell and I'll leave it at that.

Yours In Fords,

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 11-01-2006, 08:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKIII, Rousch 402
Not Ranked     

MR Mustang,

SHUT UR PIE HOLE WOULD YA. SINCERLEY YOURS THE BLACK SNAKE-OUT
Old 11-01-2006, 09:17 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSnake
MR Mustang,
SHUT UR PIE HOLE WOULD YA. SINCERLEY YOURS THE BLACK SNAKE-OUT
Blacksnake (or is that compsnake,bizman, etc),

With you being based in Riverside California, just a few miles from the US SPF headquarters what are others around the world to think. Why in the world would you want to perpetuate such a divide among enthusiasts unless you had something to personally gain from it. Thanks for proving my point is such a colorful manner. I am quite sure that you make the rest of the SPF owners proud.

Bill S.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#131 520 cubes; 650 HP
Not Ranked     
Default You Guys Have It All Wrong....!!!

SCOF IS a secret society of genetically mutated flying saucer jockeys from the planet Zombinga...!
We got tired of living on our planet, so we came to earth. The closest things that we could find to duplicate the zero gravity lazer sleds that we sped around on at home was an AC Cobra replica... We like the Superfomance brand because the people in S. Africa at HiTech are ALSO from our planet....!
On SCOF we discuss many different things that you earthlings wouldn't understand... We also arrange meetings to go out and race our cars as well as trade meetzpah nodules (which are a delicacy on our home planet).
Once you actually OWN a Superformance, some of our relatives will come out of the sky in our flying saucers, come into your house at night while you are asleep, and alien-abduct your earlthy body to be transformed into a Zombingian, like the rest of us... You see, there is a secret crystal hidden in EVERY SPF which provides the force-field necessary for this transition to be successful.... THAT'S why the transition to SCOF cannot be made UNLESS there is an SPF "in your garage"...
We tried once to make the transition to SCOF without the SPF present and look at what happened:

That person also had to give up their SPF after the transition failure, so now they are forced to drive Ferraris (as seen in the pic)...

So you see, we are doing you a FAVOR for making you wait until the SPF is in the garage!!!

We Zombingians ARE a frendly lot however, and we would be glad to share our wealth of SPF knowledge, or any good recipes for spignut clones (when they are actually in season) HERE on CC.. Just ask away...

Pat
CC & Superformance Cobra OWNERS Forum (SCOF) contributor
Old 11-01-2006, 09:28 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     
Arrow

Pat,

Now I have to clean the coffee off my keyboard and monitor again

Old 11-01-2006, 09:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

Bill, I know you were/are a SCOF member, so you know what the requirements are. I may have been a little gruff with my response, but it was primarily from seeing the poster continuily complaining about questions he had that he couldn't get answers to because he wasn't on SCOF. I don't recall him laying the questions out here. Then when he started blatantly fabricating the requirements, now he claims he has to have it registered and get the state vin # before he is allowed, is as you know totally false. I wanted that to be clarified before it was assumed as the truth, which it is not. Most of the people that supply tech info on SCOF, as you know, are also on CC and will gladly respond to his questions...if asked. I would guess that maybe 25-30%(maybe less) of SCOF are techies, many are there for the comradarie. So while he seems to visualize some exclusionary efforts regarding access to info, that is not the case. I don't think anyone that falls into the techie category has withheld any info about SPF cars when asked, so it appears that he may have some axe to grind. With the engine builder he has, he's lucky he hasn't been on SCOF, because he would really be upset/worried/concerned/irritated and most likely really freaked out..
Old 11-01-2006, 10:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2486, 427w
Not Ranked     

Just curious. I've got my MSO but my car is at the builders. Does that qualify me for membership in SCOF and Second Strike yet?
Old 11-01-2006, 10:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

I am not the administrator, but if you have taken possesion of the car and it is now at the installers, you should be able to register without any problems. You will be required to submit your SPF# for verification, but that should be it. As SCOF has grown, because of the number of SPF's sold, it may take a week or so to get on. You will be informed of the time. Usually RT admits a group, of varying sizes, to the forum at the same time. It saves him work and makes the inclusion of owners a little quicker. Doug, are you out there. Doug, who's car has been at the installers for, well let's just say a while, has been a member for some time now.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     

Say...maybe BNewell would like to step in here now and make a comment....

...or... maybe not....
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 228, Roush 342R, 457HP/428TQ, modified AOD
Not Ranked     

Seeeing how this has degenerated so nicely, this is for anyone who feels the need of an insult

Cheers!
Dave
Old 11-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison, 347 Tri-power Stroker
Not Ranked     

What's the old saying... I would never want to be a member of club that would have me as a member?

- Dan
Old 11-01-2006, 12:01 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Stryffeler
What's the old saying... I would never want to be a member of club that would have me as a member?

- Dan
So says

Groucho

and

Whoopie

Old 11-01-2006, 02:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance MKIII #887, drive it a lot!
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Kellogg
Not Ranked     

Pat,
Wasn't she(?) at the last SCOF event? Not sure, as I wasn't able to attend, but seems to me I saw her(?) photo posted on SCOF

Dave,
Not sure, but I think I was just insulted again
Hopefully we will be able to run together at The Glen some time next year!!!

Jim Kellogg
Breesport, NY
Old 11-01-2006, 04:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 92 Classic Roadsters, 408CI Clevor, T-56
Not Ranked     

Dave,
Well done sir!
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROUSHAC
Seeeing how this has degenerated so nicely, this is for anyone who feels the need of an insult

Cheers!
Dave
Old 11-01-2006, 04:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: superperformance, 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

I always thought Groucho had ripped Will Rodgers.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The application form specifically requires the state assigned VIN and ask for the delivery date, neither of which exist yet.

Last edited by rsimoes; 11-02-2006 at 05:54 AM..
Old 11-01-2006, 06:50 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsimoes
Let me clarify a couple things.

1) I own the car

2) It won't be delivered until the engine is in and running. The delivery date is 11/11/2006. I have the invoices marked paid, the MSO, etc. If I change my mind now, I will own a car in a different state, by I own it. The reason I can't join is because the membership form REQUIRES BOTH VIN number and SPO number. . . I don't have the VIN yet.

3) I already have had all of my current questions answered by SPF owners emailing me and following up with phone calls. Other questions were already answered in All Cobra Talk forum. Thanks for your concern.
1) OK

2) I believe the SPO number is the SPF chassis number listed on your MSO. Either or, I'll bet you cannot wait to take actual delivery of the car, get in it, and drive. Have you found yourself losing sleep at night dreaming about that day? If not, I'll bet after reading this you will

3) Sounds like things are moving along for you then.

Bill S.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Funny, you seem to be the only one that HAS to have it reguistered. AS I clarified, and as a SCOF member, all you need is to have the car. There are several members that STILL do not have their cars registered and they have been welcomed. They may get ribbed about it not being finished, but they are not excluded as you indicate that you have been. My first SPF (the roadster) still sets, after 3 years, in my shop without an engine. Once I picked it up at Dynamic and applied I was enrolled very quickly. WHY is it that YOU seem to have such a special case,hmmm. Seems pretty fishy to all that are members, especially those that are waiting for their cars to be completed. But again, they applied instead of creating the artificial barriers which you seem to . Maybe you ought to TRY and apply, with the SPF # and see what happens. If you are turned down , THEN register you complaints here some more. BUT according to the people (person) that does the registration, you haven't attempted since you have taken ownership,hmmmm. Your invalid and false complaint doesn't seem to allow for those that might NEVER register their car. Maybe it will be on the track or a piece of garage art, mine does balance out the Coupe and Deuce nicely and is a nice addition to the other muscle cars and rods in the shop. ONCE again the statement that you HAVE to have it registered is BLATANTLY false and appears to be a point for you to have something to complain about. While you earlier were mentioning ALL the questions you have that need answers, you now seem to indicate that you were given answers already from SCOF members or SPF owners. Once again I think you are presenting a completely erroneous presentation of the FACTS. WHY would YOU be excluded, when others are not, if you own the car, have received it (being at the installer does not change the fact that you have taken possesion of it). If you don't like the criteria that the administrator has set up, fine, there are many things I do not like in this world. I do not, however, fabricate details that are false in order to garner sympathy for my position. Is it possible that you either don't have the car yet or you just have your nose so bent out of shape you are creating a scenario in your mind that doesn't exist in the world that the rest of us dwell in??
Old 11-01-2006, 07:16 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Okay, I signed up for both. I inputed the purchase date, which is the date on my invoices. I also checked the "no" box whe asked if the car was in my possession. There was a note saying that I can only join if I have it in my possession. Let's see what happens.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: