Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2007, 04:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold it!!
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodz428
Semper Fi,
I'd have to guess there is something weird about the serial #'s you are using. The earlier cars are the more flat ones and the later ones have the taller arch. This was done to make the 460 based engines fit easier. A few pics of the 2 tags would eliminate the issue with the numbers. It sounds like 1715 may really be 715. Since I haven't read all the posts, were both the cars bought new? If not, had any damage been repaired? What dates were they purchased, if new??
You had to stir up the pot, didn't you? Actually, my car is a 2002 #1350 and Chris car # 1715 is a 2004. I am absolutely positive of these numbers.

We are both the 2nd owners of our cars.

www.theloanfinder.info
Old 03-19-2007, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1358 Silver/Black stripes 466 2X4
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semper Fi
you can actually see there's a difference in the 2 cars!

This is strange, just like when Chris was trying to get a new winshield on his car (# 1715) the winshield that came off his car didn't match my winshield or the new winshields that SPF had in stock. The frames were actually shaped different. I know--this is puzzling, but I can assure you I am speaking the truth and I don't smoke crack
Semper Fi

I believe what you say...if there are differences between yours and Chris's MKIII's it puzzles me because they should be the same. I guess the question is why ???

Tony
Old 03-19-2007, 05:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Aprile
Semper Fi

I believe what you say...if there are differences between yours and Chris's MKIII's it puzzles me because they should be the same. I guess the question is why ???

Tony
That is the "big question"......the winshields issue was puzzling also.

All in all, I love the SPF car. Lance (owner of SPF) is a very nice, respectable guy who really is there when his customers need him.

www.theloanfinder.info
Old 03-20-2007, 05:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

I re-raised the issue of the # because of the chronology of the modifications. I own 1726, which has both the taller cowl and center rod. The fact that (1)715 doesn't have either makes the # question and accident repair question that more relevant. Since the original (lower cowl) mold was destroyed prior to 2004 ( or in that vicinity), the simple fact that (1)715 has a lower cowl makes either the # error or possible repair work seem highly likely.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I re-raised the issue of the # because of the chronology of the modifications. I own 1726, which has both the taller cowl and center rod. The fact that (1)715 doesn't have either makes the # question and accident repair question that more relevant. Since the original (lower cowl) mold was destroyed prior to 2004 ( or in that vicinity), the simple fact that (1)715 has a lower cowl makes either the # error or possible repair work seem highly likely.

I certainly respect your opinion. Chris's car (#1715, yr 2004) did have the center rod in the winshield, the replacement window didn't have it. Actually, my car ( #1350), yr 2002) has the center rod also. I doubt # 1715 was ever in an accident. The car is a special car---I believe that Olthoff built #1715.

These facts I am certain about: It's a 2004 car. It has a Roush motor (1 of 3 motors ever built) it's a 427, bored to a 434 (or close to that) and has no sidepipes...they are hidden under the car! It's a pretty sweet looking car. It was a Roush show car at one time.

www.theloanfinder.info

Last edited by Semper Fi; 03-20-2007 at 03:42 PM..
Old 03-20-2007, 06:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

[quote=and has no sidepipes...they are hidden under the car! It's a pretty sweet looking car. It was a Roush show car at one time.[/QUOTE]

I think we may have hit the nail on the head. You have a MKIII that has sidepipes and 1715 sounds to be a Roadster. If it has no sidepipes and hood scoop he has a Roadster model. That could explain the cowl difference, the Roadster is likely done in a separate mold and it may still have the lower cowl line. While there are a few Roadsters, and I personally think they show the lines better, I believe the majority are the sidepiped MKIII's.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I think we may have hit the nail on the head. You have a MKIII that has sidepipes and 1715 sounds to be a Roadster. If it has no sidepipes and hood scoop he has a Roadster model. That could explain the cowl difference, the Roadster is likely done in a separate mold and it may still have the lower cowl line. While there are a few Roadsters, and I personally think they show the lines better, I believe the majority are the sidepiped MKIII's.

I do believe you are correct. That totally makes sense now!!

www.theloanfinder.info
Old 03-21-2007, 03:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Woodz

Sorry buddy but I don't think your theory is correct, when SPF came out with the new body shape and windshield the old body molds were no longer being used. That came from RT yesterday.

Tony

Last edited by Tony Aprile; 03-21-2007 at 03:30 PM..
Old 03-21-2007, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Woodz

Sorry buddy but I don't think your theory is correct, when SPF came out with the new body shape and windshield the old body molds were no longer being used. That came from RT yesterday.

Tony
TONY TONY TONY!!!!!! We thought we had it all figured out, now you just threw a monkey wrench at us

Forgive me, but who is RT? Seriously though, SPO #1715 is a roadster......it totally makes sense. Not anything against Superformace at all....but the day Chris (owner of SPO 1715) and I were at SPF (HIllbank Motorsports) they were telling us that they only made 2 different winshields-- the "old" and the "new".

Well, that is strange becuase when we put the original winshield (that cracked) from SPO 1715 up to the older cars and the newer cars, the dimentions were different. (yes, they were differently shaped!!!) The original winshield was actually different than both of them by almost 1/2 inch in some places

-We realize that the winsheilds have to be installed and "shimmed" to fit correctly and there are adjustments to make.

- SPO 1715 is a 2004 car
- SPO 1350 (mine) is a 2002 car

Maybe this weekend I can take a picture of both cars and you will be able to see the difference.

www.theloanfinder.info

Last edited by Semper Fi; 03-21-2007 at 05:11 PM..
Old 03-21-2007, 07:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Woodz

Tony
It may be, but I believe all the talk was generally directed toward the MKIII's. I am under the impression, maybe wrongly, that the MKIII molds have the opening for the sidepipes in the mold and are not cut-out afterward. If that is so, I can't see changing the molds on the Roadster as there are much fewer made. Since most members on SCOF are MKIII owners most talk is centered around them, but there are a few Roadsters and they have several differences from the MKIII. I believe they also have a different wiring diagram as well. It may not explain the windshild issue, but I do think it may account for the lower cowl arch on the later #'d Roadster, compared to an earlier #'d MKIII, when it should be a high arch because of #.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Gerard and Woodz...Sorry about the monkey wrench !!. I helped assemble SPF #1973, black roadster w/under car exhaust and if my memory serves me correctly it was the high cowl with support rod windshield. Pictures on Club Cobra.

Woodz lets ask the powers that be on SCOF and see what we come up with.

Tony
Old 03-23-2007, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Gerard and Woodz...Sorry about the monkey wrench !!. I helped assemble SPF #1973, black roadster w/under car exhaust and if my memory serves me correctly it was the high cowl with support rod windshield. Pictures on Club Cobra.

Woodz lets ask the powers that be on SCOF and see what we come up with.

Tony
I was just kidding Tony about the monkey wrench! I did think that Woodz figured out the puzzle! I will try to get a picture of SPO 1350 and SPO 1715 together, then you can see the difference. Sometimes, these differences are not as easy to see from a picture.

www.theloanfinder.info
Old 03-23-2007, 08:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Semper Fi
There is definately a reason for the differences, I would just like to find out about Woodz theory and if it was possible. Logical thinking says no, but ya never no. There's are plenty of resources on SCOF and we will find the answer. You should give a try, plenty of technical information there.

Tony
Old 03-23-2007, 11:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Semper Fi
There is definately a reason for the differences, I would just like to find out about Woodz theory and if it was possible. Logical thinking says no, but ya never no. There's are plenty of resources on SCOF and we will find the answer. You should give a try, plenty of technical information there.

Tony

Tony,

While I agree with you.......problem is that 99% of you (I mean everyone) thinks the differences in the cars and the winshield are not viable. I can assure you that they are, since I have seen both with my own eyes. I will get pictures for the differences in the cars.

www.theloanfinder.info