Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-15-2007, 06:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default are SPF cars really turn key minus

All of their web site info seems to indicate they are supposed to be, but their dealer network seems to work on a different belief. They don't want to sell a car with out getting their per centage of an engine and transmission install. IF they will quote a price, seems like it is $5K higher than what it should be. Looks like the SPF dealers I have contacted have all gone to that used car dealer school that makes every car buyer cringe
Old 06-15-2007, 06:58 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1507 427 Dart Block Windsor
Not Ranked     

Which dealers have you contacted?

Lowell
Old 06-15-2007, 07:00 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

my friends who have bought new spf's bought them all as ROLLERS - from 3 different spf dealers. when bought, they were given a list of authorized/approved spf engine / trans installers or allowed to install on their own or find someone else .

the ones that had someone else install the engine /trans cut a separate deal with the installer and it was not part of the spf purchase deal . I believe they are not allowed to do their own install, it has to be done elsewhere by someone else .

edited. I stated 'turnkeys' and meant ROLLERS, corrected above ....oops and duh ....Bill

Last edited by Bill Wells; 06-15-2007 at 10:27 AM..
Old 06-15-2007, 07:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance + Ford 460 (550hp)
Not Ranked     

i'm expecting delivery tonight of my first cobra. i recommend dynamic motorsports in ross, ohio. my sales rep was shane. they work closely with performance engineering for the engines. for me it was turnkey. had to send two different payments, one to dynamic, one to PE, but otherwise it was like ordering a regular car from a dealer. could not have been easier. shane orchestrated the whole thing (total price, delivery, the works). i never set foot in the place.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Auto Restoration and Service
Not Ranked     

1 of every 5 cars that we sell are rollers (no engine or trans). The price just depends on the options ordered on the car. They are all a bit different.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2369; Keith Craft 427FE Alum w/614hp. & 1999 Lotus Esprit V8, 375hp
Not Ranked     

I bought my first SPF from Jim Gander at Dynamic in Ohio and the second one I bought from Doug Reed at Reed Performance.

In both cases Keith Craft did my engine build and the install at the shop in Dallas. In both cases Jim and Doug did not push me too a preferred engine/install provider. I also did not pay a premium for the roller because of my engine/install choice.

I would not expect any discounts from lists prices on the rollers unless you want to compromise on your color/option choices and take items that have been inventory for some time.

Just my $.02

Kurt
Old 06-15-2007, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

I own 2 that came from Dynamic and I bought them without drivetrains and did my own installs. This was prior to being listed as an installer. NO change in price. As a matter of fact, they priced the cars without asking one way or the other. Since your location isn't noted I have no idea which dealer you may have contacted.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

my earlier post on this topic said my friends bought their cars as Turnkeys , I had a senior moment and errored ....

they bought them as ROLLERS ...I edited my original post to reflect that . Sorry for that glaring error . Bill.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gary Edwards Racing 460
Not Ranked     

You can not legally sell a turn key superformance, so what some distributors to is "affilliate" them selves with a company that finishes the job. You will have to send 2 checks in but in the end you have a turn key product.

I have found that if you are a novice it would be wise to use a company like I explained above so that there is an added level of supervision and know how.

There are a lot of components other than the "engine and trans" that have to go into the completion of these cars. Dynamic Performance and Performance engineering together roll out a high volume of Cobras so there is no learning curve per say.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKIII, SPO2891, SPO1649
Not Ranked     
Default Wise choice

You can't go wrong with a new Superformance as a product. While personalities of various dealers may vary, the quality does not. I believe that most, if not all, dealers will make recommendations as to the engine builder and installer but they will not want to project themselves as the installers.

The price increase from turnkey minus to turnkey minus may be the options. For example the hardtop for the MKIII is close to $4,000. Look carefully.

Good luck in your search and purchase. You will not go wrong with the Superformance product.

Juan

2432 Crittenden Drive, Suite 201
Louisville, KY 40217
http://www.kentuckycobraclub.com
juan@lbrdesign.com
502-558-2904