Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 02-25-2008, 12:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SP02228, ROUSH 402R w/custom DiVinci Performance Carb.
Not Ranked     

That is the one Vintage installed in my SPF

Ignited Performance
Old 02-25-2008, 04:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, FRP460 Big Block
Not Ranked     

Here's a proper one; a bit pricey but nice:

available at:

https://www.burtonpower.com/product_main.aspx?home.aspx

input RIC1000.40 in search function. It's in Electrical misc, all the way at the bottom. Website's a bit unwieldy but they're nice people.(especially the ladies)

SPF#1052 11mpg
CAV GT40 MONO29 9mpg
'94 35th Anniversary Rover Mini Cooper 32mpg
'01 MB CL600 V12 18mpg
'08 Volvo S80 18mpg
Old 02-25-2008, 04:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 92 Classic Roadsters, 408CI Clevor, T-56
Not Ranked     

I installed a push button on my Cobra when it was built. For security, I installed a latching relay for all electrical. It goes between the battery and almost all of the electrical. The latching realy is controlled by a generic remote control key fob. Atually, the fob recevier controlls a smaller relay, which control the big latching relay, becuase the fob recevier can not directly power the latching realy because it draws to much current.

Push a button on the fob and the electric to the Cobra is turned on, hit the fob again and all electric is turned off. I also installed a hidden button that does the same thing as the fob - push once to turn everything on, again to turn off.

Most of the generic remote fob have at least 4 channels (min has 6), so I used the other channels to pop the doors, hood, and trunk.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra International body Waltech frame
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoxmike View Post
I installed a push button on my Cobra when it was built. For security, I installed a latching relay for all electrical. It goes between the battery and almost all of the electrical. The latching realy is controlled by a generic remote control key fob. Atually, the fob recevier controlls a smaller relay, which control the big latching relay, becuase the fob recevier can not directly power the latching realy because it draws to much current.

Push a button on the fob and the electric to the Cobra is turned on, hit the fob again and all electric is turned off. I also installed a hidden button that does the same thing as the fob - push once to turn everything on, again to turn off.

Most of the generic remote fob have at least 4 channels (min has 6), so I used the other channels to pop the doors, hood, and trunk.
Mike,
That's exactly what I am looking for. where can I purchase that system please?
Old 02-25-2008, 09:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoop View Post
Here's a proper one; a bit pricey but nice:

available at:

https://www.burtonpower.com/product_main.aspx?home.aspx

input RIC1000.40 in search function. It's in Electrical misc, all the way at the bottom. Website's a bit unwieldy but they're nice people.(especially the ladies)

NEW PUSH BUTTON ENGINE START KIT FOR ANY CAR - (eBay.ca item 110225405138 end time 27-Feb-08 15:20:58 EST)
Not bad.....about $40.00 .....( I tend to like the chrome look over the hot red eject seat look)
Old 02-26-2008, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, FRP460 Big Block
Not Ranked     

That's nice...and more reasonable.
Now if we take it to the next step, how the heck do you make the hole on the dash for the switch without tearing up the leather? I also have to install a Lucas switch for an Accusump that's been waiting almost a year.

Anyone have a tip?

SPF#1052 11mpg
CAV GT40 MONO29 9mpg
'94 35th Anniversary Rover Mini Cooper 32mpg
'01 MB CL600 V12 18mpg
'08 Volvo S80 18mpg
Old 02-26-2008, 06:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoop View Post
That's nice...and more reasonable.
Now if we take it to the next step, how the heck do you make the hole on the dash for the switch without tearing up the leather? I also have to install a Lucas switch for an Accusump that's been waiting almost a year.

Anyone have a tip?
I would say a hole saw and jog the drill very slow to get torn into the material first.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Just step-up in drill bit size to you get the size opening you need...New bits are a must for a clean hole...I've done 3 of 4 with no problem. The dash in fiberglass on a SPF...Just be careful WHERE you drill and what's behind the dash...
Old 02-26-2008, 07:43 AM
California Dreamin Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to vanoochka Send a message via Yahoo to vanoochka Send a message via Skype™ to vanoochka
Not Ranked     

Another option is to get one of these and not drill. They will configure it to your specs; mine has one gauge and three switch holes that I use for the Accusump, pre-ignition and my firebottle cable.

GaugePak
Old 02-26-2008, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 92 Classic Roadsters, 408CI Clevor, T-56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venamm View Post
Mike,
That's exactly what I am looking for. where can I purchase that system please?
I do not know of a "system" like this that is sold with all the parts & directions. I bought the push button start switch, remote key fob & receiver, and latching relay seperatly. The electrical wiring is pretty simple. I designed the schematic in my head, wired it up, and filed the schemtic away somewhere in my head.....
Old 02-26-2008, 05:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1591 / Perf.Eng. 351W/48IDAs
Not Ranked     

Vanoochka,

I make the GaugePak and sell it thru SecondStrike...just wondering how is it working out for you? I remember machining yours...amazingly most people buy the standard one..kind of surprising.

Chuck Kendall
SP1591
Old 02-27-2008, 08:37 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to vanoochka Send a message via Yahoo to vanoochka Send a message via Skype™ to vanoochka
Not Ranked     

Hi Chuck,

I'm really glad I found your product. There was no way I was going to drill holes in my dash but I needed the 2 switches and a place to put the firebottle pull handle. I couldn't be happier with the result. It's really clean and unobtrusive, and my dash is intact.

Chuck
Old 03-27-2008, 02:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #633, 351w stroker, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     
Default Security

I purchased a remote controlled device called the Battery Brain (gold) from a Florida company. I installed the relay switch to my positive pole of the battery (had to cut a hole in the cover plate), then the other side to the positive cable.

This device comes with two remote devices that turn this relay off and on, effectively disconnecting the battery anytime you want. The Battery Brain has two functions, for security as noted, and it will sense a slow drain (after ignition is turned off) on the battery (if you leave your headlites on, for example) and kill the connection. I think I paid about $80.00 for the device and their phone support is good. It sure gives peace of mind when you walk away from your "baby".

check it out: http://www.batterybrain.com/

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Old 03-27-2008, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblyon1 View Post
I purchased a remote controlled device called the Battery Brain (gold) from a Florida company. I installed the relay switch to my positive pole of the battery (had to cut a hole in the cover plate), then the other side to the positive cable.

This device comes with two remote devices that turn this relay off and on, effectively disconnecting the battery anytime you want. The Battery Brain has two functions, for security as noted, and it will sense a slow drain (after ignition is turned off) on the battery (if you leave your headlites on, for example) and kill the connection. I think I paid about $80.00 for the device and their phone support is good. It sure gives peace of mind when you walk away from your "baby".

check it out: http://www.batterybrain.com/

WOW! That is exactly what I was looking for, my SPF has been draining my battery for an unknown reason??? Great idea, easy installation, no holes to drill.

Thanks.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Titanium SPF, 521 CID Gessford.
Not Ranked     

Is the SPF horn button a direct replacement for the ignition key apparatus? Can I just pull the key mechanism out, install the horn button, and I'm done? It's the same size?

As far as security, I think it will take about 30 seconds to yank the wires off the back of the little lock mechanism and hook 'em together. So, the thing was never really secure...
Old 04-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

cdog.

The push button I used - from Finishline - fit perfectly into the hole left by removing the key assembly. However, there is a little more to it than a straight trade out - key assemblly for push button - as you need to wire the "accessory" setting into a switch. Putting the switch into the on position is as turning the key to the first position after inserting it. Pushing the button is as turning the key to start.

I suggest that you buy the wiring diagram that Blas sells. Having it makes the project a breeze.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankM1 View Post
WOW! That is exactly what I was looking for, my SPF has been draining my battery for an unknown reason??? Great idea, easy installation, no holes to drill.

Thanks.
The batterybrain looks good especially from the security aspect when parking unattended. When you mention that your battery is being drained, have you thought about attaching a Battery Tender for longer parked periods? They have a quick disconnect lead that can be attached to the battery for easy connection/removal of the device.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #656 402 SR TW
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykarl View Post
I am looking at the same and this is the only brand I have found that seems to be easy to install.

https://store.digitalguarddawg.com/home.php?cat=287

if any one knows better???
http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/KEYL...--PG-1temp.htm

Has anyone tried the Guarddawg system? I'm thinking about picking this up for my car. Right now I have a key, pushbutton start, and a battery toggle. Thinking about leaving the ignition key slot in place but it will just be a distraction for anyone attempting the hot wire. I want to sit in the car, push the button (with the RFID in my pocket), start, and drive off.

Anyone who knows about the positive negatives of this, please let me know.

Thanks.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #656 402 SR TW
Not Ranked     

Should I start my own thread
Old 02-08-2011, 07:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

Start a new thread -- like keyless something.
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: