Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 11-12-2008, 07:31 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Do they offer a wireless remote for this set-up? Place a piece of velcro on the back of it and stow it between the seats (or deep under the dash on the center console)...
Old 11-12-2008, 07:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The problem with wireless is standard is infered which means you must be in line of sight, cannot mount in trunk or glove comparment unless the door is open. They do sell "radio wave" type but they work so so at best and cost $$$$ Usually you will find that with a marine radio.

The radio actually comes with a wireless remote but it is infered.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: James Yale made ready BDR#546 Radical Keith Craft 427 SB Dynoed 618hp
Not Ranked     

I thought about installing a radio. I had an old amp laying around so I mounted it in the trunk and installed to nice set of mb quart speakers on the back wall and 10" sub in the trunk. I run it all with an ipod that has an fm tuner in it. I just didn tlike the idea of having to hide a radio as well
Old 11-12-2008, 11:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2813, Roush 427SR/TW
Not Ranked     

OK - I am thinking about copying this exactly, with slightly different speakers.

I would love to see excatly how you ran the wiring.

Will the remote handle the iPod choices or did you run the iPod cable back into the cockpit.

It looks like the receiver you picked out locks the iPod controls, but there is another Sony receiver that allows what they call "back-seat operation" which does not lock the iPod controls.

I was wondering how you found the remote for use of the iPod.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You can use the ipod with the radio two ways. First plug into radio using the Ipod cable on the radio. The radio then controls the ipod and you have to use the remote in the car. Second plug the ipod in the stereo at the fron aux jack with mini-stereo cable then you have the ipod in the car. Fuk, I wish I would have run another minicable with my speaker and remote wires then I could have used the ipod in the car. No big deal I can easily run it now.

I found the remote by looking a what radios have the option for a wired remote so it was hit and miss. I think the sure way is to run a wired remote, speaker wires, extra stereo mini cable for an ipod, using the ipod screen is much easier if you have 1000's of songs then shuffling with the remote.

I will shoot some pictures and post how I ran the wiring.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Cobra cowboy,

So your ipod runs through an amp? I though you needed rca cables, i like the idea but not sure how you wired it.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

wired remote may be the best way to go, unless you can get a IR extender to use a wireless remote...

IR is like a gunfight; "accuracy/line-of-sight=line-of-fire".

There are IR extenders (IR receiver module on a cord) for home units, --i wonder if they have them for car units...so you could to route to the underside of the dash lets say, clipped to a cigarette lighter mount and poof. IR.

Steve
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 11-12-2008, 02:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2813, Roush 427SR/TW
Not Ranked     

I would also like the measurements on your speaker box.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
Cobra cowboy,

So your ipod runs through an amp? I though you needed rca cables, i like the idea but not sure how you wired it.
Here is a link to a system that requires no deck. This is only 50 watts, but I have seen up to 200 watts. Easy to hide in a glovebox. I thought about using it in my Rhino.

http://www.sidebysidesports.com/ipsatorotmp3.html
Old 11-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Cheap Cobra stereo install....

iPod and some nice in-ear buds. Add a splitter if your passenger wants to listen to the same music.

BTW - Illegal in most places, but you probably have about the same chance of getting a ticket for no front licenes plate.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 11-13-2008, 06:16 AM
California Dreamin Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to vanoochka Send a message via Yahoo to vanoochka Send a message via Skype™ to vanoochka
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the Bug View Post
Cheap Cobra stereo install....

iPod and some nice in-ear buds. Add a splitter if your passenger wants to listen to the same music.

BTW - Illegal in most places, but you probably have about the same chance of getting a ticket for no front licenes plate.
You got that right, Doug. But you need to get a decent set of buds. The UE's in the link below are a good buy for the money and with them I can actually hear the bass in the music over my pipes.

http://www.ultimateears.com/_ultimat...superfi5eb.php

I have thousands of miles logged wearing earbuds and have never even caught a second glance from the local constabulary.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: