Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 11-18-2008, 05:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

I don't believe that car is a 2002 chassis...
From the Bondurant Plaque on the dash and the layout of the engine compartment I would say you have a car there whit a 1998 chassis, maybe even earlier by a year. The registration year of a car is dependant a a number of things, where and when it was registered the first time, year of engine, etc.
As to the trunk, looks to have a fuel cell installed. Could be that this was on of the cars used by Bondurant at his driving school. Interesting pedigree on the chassis though.....He was on of the original distributors of the cars in the USA. I'd like to find one of his dash plaques for my garage collection.

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net

Last edited by Blas; 11-18-2008 at 05:52 AM..
Old 11-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1019
Not Ranked     

With only looking at the pictures, I think Blas is right... I think someone already noted that Bondurant installed windsor blocks, however the 460 in this specific SPF has the identical installation markings as when Craig installed the 460 in my SPF. Also, Craig installed a fuel cell in my SPF, and it does NOT look that that one (big hose in the trunk).

I suspect that the 2002 year on the title is due to the owner re-titling it in CA under SB100 in the 2002.

All this leads me to believe that this is an older SPF, which was later brought to Craig to swap out the windsor for a 460, and was titled in 2002 as an SPCNS in CA.

In another thread on the topic of this same SPF, I suggested that Harley call Craig @ Top of the Hill and ask him about this SPF.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1374 with 392 RDI Stroker
Not Ranked     

Randy, I found out that Bondurant was a early dealer and he used the windsor based engines in his cars. Seems to me they were early cars, serial numbers under 300. I think the 2002 year was indeed under the SB100. These would have been 97/98 cars

Mark
Old 11-19-2008, 02:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

Kassabian Motors is a Consignment dealer for personal cars of individuals, so they (probably) do not own it.

it is an odd duck for sure --when you look at the details.
ODD thing is that it has a 2002 mfr date, a 2004 SB100 date and then the sticker was administered 10-9-2008 , just in time to roll it into kassabians. with 6500 indicated miles>?

Steve
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 11-19-2008, 04:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's a pre #100 car.... in the 080's if I remember correctly...

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.

Last edited by Blas; 11-19-2008 at 05:20 AM..
Old 11-19-2008, 05:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

Bob Bondurant was a SPF dealer early on when SPF's were starting to come into the USA . He did installs and sold cars ,usually affixing his stickers to them indicating it was his cars.

Two friends bought cars from him ( one a 427 and one a 351W) , I think back in 1998 or earlier era. My 156 was built in summer/fall 1996 but was not registered/sold as a new car until 1998....so dates of registration do not always tell correct mfr dates . Bill

Bondo was not a SPF dealer for much later.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think the car is still listed on Cobra Country too...

Old 11-19-2008, 11:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I think there are much newer cars available at better money, even rolling chassis, --and you get the joy of picking out your engine can trans combo.

how cool would that be, to build your own dream vs. recycling someone elses>?
Old 11-24-2008, 01:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #633, 351w stroker, Tremec 3550
Not Ranked     
Default My two Cents

Harley, I'll throw in my comments for what they're worth.

1. If you are considering a consignment dealer, also check out Speciality Sales (showrooms in Benicia and Pleasanton). They had four Cobras when I visited the Benicia showroom two weeks ago. Check them out at:
www.specialtysales.com/

2. The price of the vehicle you are interested in seems a little high.

3. Strongly suggest you research and test drive many, many SPFs to get a feel for what you want. Take your time. www.cobracountry.com is the best place to find your leads. If you live in CA don't consider anything but an SB100 licensed car.

4. You don't mention what you will use your Cobra for. Mostly street? Drags? Road course? The 460 block may tend to run a bit hotter and be a little more front-end heavy that a small block.

Good luck to you.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke
Old 11-24-2008, 03:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

How about this one >?

http://www.showroomsanjose.com/detai...a-3404816.html
Old 11-24-2008, 05:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Nice looking car but mileage is high. If you can swing it in the low 40's. ie 43K might be a good deal. I saw a spf gt40 roller yesterday on ebay for buy it now of $50, that is $25K less than what he paid for it. I was the high bidder at $41500 but auction ended early, he will probably be calling since 9 out of 10 ebay buyers backout, can't get a loan etc. Anyway point is on the upper end cars the deals are going to keep getting better, be patient, get on ebay and type superformance ever couple days and you will get a super deal.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Do you know there is a brand spanking new spf on club cobra for $51,500 with a Performance engineering, white with blue stripes. I have no doubt you can get it for $49K. I strongly suspect this is one of the two superformance chassis that went for $35K last spring. He probably has $45k into it and I am sure he wants to move since he has had it for sale for months. Close enough to January you can get your SB100 just in time. Do not get to stressed to much about an sb100 it is just paperwork and self knowledge.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I meant cobra country. Bill at GCPC also has one. I would much rather stand in line early one jan morning for 2 or 3 hours than get a car with 12K miles.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

You guys are offering up all of these options, but HarleyBarley is MIA.

You are providing some good advertising for cars that are for sale, which is good for the hobby and the health of the Cobra market.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 11-24-2008, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

wish i had a spare couple of bucks, there are massive deals to be had out there.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I think bill at GCPC has lost it, check out the BDR on cobra country, ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE PRICE, NO BRAINER, IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW COBRA THIS IS THE ONE!!!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 11:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ...
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
I think bill at GCPC has lost it, check out the BDR on cobra country, ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE PRICE, NO BRAINER, IF YOU ARE IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW COBRA THIS IS THE ONE!!!!!
Yes, that car is sick. I could waste an entire day sippin Karl Strauss and polishing that engine.

Soon, soon...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: