Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 11-13-2008, 09:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Looking at purchasing a Superformance

Looking at purchasing a 2002 Superformance with a 460, here is the link, any thoughts or does anyone know the car?

http://www.myhotcars.com/used-cars.p...d87acc284ba92d
Old 11-13-2008, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1374 with 392 RDI Stroker
Not Ranked     

Nice looking car. I see it wears a Bondurant emblem. I know Bob used to run them at his track, but I thought they were all small blocks. Maybe I'm wrong. Do you know the SPF chassis number?

Mark
Old 11-13-2008, 09:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Nice looking car. Take a look at http://www.cobracountry.com/ to see what other similar cars are selling for.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Pretty pricey considering the car is almost 7 years old. I don't know if Kassabian Motors owns the car or it's on consignment. Either way, they're padding the price. On the positive side, it's already got an SB100 exemption. Keep a close eye on Cobra Country, eBay,and here on CC as there are other SB100 cars for sale.

Oh yeah...drive some cars to make sure it's exactly what you want. Good luck with your search!

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 11-13-2008, 09:38 AM
CC Member / Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default SPF for sale

Harley,

I have have a SPF for sale.

Bill

www.gcperf.com
Old 11-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF - 351W, 944 non-turbo
Not Ranked     

If I were spending that kind of money I would want a brandy new one. New engine, new brakes, new clutch, new transmission, new everything and my choice of colors. Plus it's guaranteed. I would probably go with a Roush Windsor stroker with tons of HP and a 2 year guarantee.

But that's me.

Bob
Old 11-13-2008, 11:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 545" stroked 460 - sold
Not Ranked     

That's a nice looking SPF. You need the car number to tracking down history, you could probably call them and get the CSP#### from the plate on the firewall. Looks well cared for, but only guessing based on photos. They have drilled some holes in the dash for that plaque, and I notice the Goodyear Eagle GTIIs are still on it... if those are original to the car, they probably have lots of tread life left but are at or near end-of-safe-life time wise. Mine is also a 2002 and the Goodyears were all date coded 2000 and 2001, so... A couple of the gauges are interesting, they have changed usual locations like for the ammeter and they are Smiths apparently but have different appearances... They have changed gas tanks and disrupted trunk space... other details would need up close and personal inspection, maybe somebody in that area? Good luck
Old 11-13-2008, 11:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

No reflection on Kassabian Motors or this Cobra..

Why buy a 2002 Cobra with 6500 miles...

I would suggest you look into Keith Craft's offer of a new Cobra in your choice of color and extras for around $58,000 and it would have a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron AZ View Post
No reflection on Kassabian Motors or this Cobra..

Why buy a 2002 Cobra with 6500 miles...

I would suggest you look into Keith Craft's offer of a new Cobra in your choice of color and extras for around $58,000 and it would have a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty.
I have no idea how others might value it, but there is some premium that needs to be factored in on cars that already have SB100 and are legally registered in California. Each person has to weigh the cost benefit of that, but in the hassle/heartburn/worry department, it might be $3K to $5K...who knows.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 11-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the Bug View Post
I have no idea how others might value it, but there is some premium that needs to be factored in on cars that already have SB100 and are legally registered in California. Each person has to weigh the cost benefit of that, but in the hassle/heartburn/worry department, it might be $3K to $5K...who knows.
I was going to post the same comment. I agree with the valuation range, too (for the SB100 cert).

-Dean #747

P.S. Whether or not you buy new or used, there are tremendous values to be found out there. It will only become more of a buyer's market once we get into '09 and the Great Recession is in true full swing. I used to think that a good, well-taken care of SPF was always worth mid $40's. Not any longer.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the Bug View Post
At least...
Old 11-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

No affliation, but here's an SPF on the SF Bay Area Craigslist with SB100:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/917061843.html

Also, Keith Craft offers an brand new one too with pick any color you want:

http://www.keithcraft.com/specials.asp

Lots of choices out there.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP01715 View Post
At least...
Are you kidding? It should be a deduction. Think of the missed exuberance and sheer joy of actually getting the golden ticket on January 2nd and then receiving the golden sticker from BAR referee.

And miss the BAR ref blaming the computer for being down and unplugging it and rebooting it 2-3 times. Oh, and the CHP mssing a box on the VIN form and having to go back and get that box checked. Or, the DMV mixing up your address and sequence number with another person's and then waiting six weeks to actually get a corrected certificate, which is sent to the wrong address and then, after 2-3 tries at a corrected certificate, the delivery driver who has to track you down by calling the person who's personal info is on the delivery tag, but with the corrected certificate inside the envelope that has the wrong address.

Come on, what fun you'll miss.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1715, Roush Built 434 ci Stroker, Dart Block, Ported AFR 205 Heads... 561 hp / 547 tq, Former Roush Show Car, Completed and Prepped By Olthoff Racing.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Are you kidding? It should be a deduction. Think of the missed exuberance and sheer joy of actually getting the golden ticket on January 2nd and then receiving the golden sticker from BAR referee.

And miss the BAR ref blaming the computer for being down and unplugging it and rebooting it 2-3 times. Oh, and the CHP mssing a box on the VIN form and having to go back and get that box checked. Or, the DMV mixing up your address and sequence number with another person's and then waiting six weeks to actually get a corrected certificate, which is sent to the wrong address and then, after 2-3 tries at a corrected certificate, the delivery driver who has to track you down by calling the person who's personal info is on the delivery tag, but with the corrected certificate inside the envelope that has the wrong address.

Come on, what fun you'll miss.
...lol, good ol California. I just registered an offroad vehicle in Arizona this past week and it too no more than 15 minutes from the inspection to the time they were handing me a license plate.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2168, 418, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

RodKnock,

That's my SPF for sale on the SF Bay Area Craigslist. Thanks for the plug.

HarleyBarley, let me know if you are interested in my 2006 Superformance.

Last edited by ou812545; 11-13-2008 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: adding link
Old 11-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou812545 View Post
RodKnock,

That's my SPF for sale on the SF Bay Area Craigslist. Thanks for the plug.

HarleyBarley, let me know if you are interested in my 2006 Superformance.

You can send the envelope of cash to P.O Box...

I thought it looked nice Good luck with the sale.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP01715 View Post
...lol, good ol California. I just registered an offroad vehicle in Arizona this past week and it too no more than 15 minutes from the inspection to the time they were handing me a license plate.
And I forgot to mention that each time I went up to counter, my sphincter muscle would tighten as the counterperosn looked over my paperwork making sure everything was filled out correctly. The same paperwork that was looked over by a dozen other DMV personnel previously. Oh yea, but it's over and I feel like Sisyphus, but I actually did push the rock over the top.

Oh, did I forget to mention that buying a car with the SB100 registration is preferable.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft,427R
Not Ranked     
Default Be Patient

There are alot of nice Cobras for sale now. I just purchased a nice Backdraft Cobra off Ebay...two years old with 2000 miles, 427R Roush engine and all the goodies for much less than the one your looking at. It's hard to be patient, could of probably gotten mine for less if I had been more patient. oh well, the President said to spend money, it is good for the economy...Good luck and happy hunting.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Mk III / Windsor platform
Not Ranked     

What's with the fuel filler hose coming into the tank in the middle of the trunk?
Old 11-17-2008, 03:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, KC 427
Not Ranked     

I would get the Superformance Number SP0xxxx and do more checking. I have not seen a Superformance with that kind of setup in the trunk. Your going need the full use of the trunk and this one is not use able. My advise is PASS on this one and look for another one. Several nice one on "cobracountry.com". If you would like to discuss a Superformance in more detail, send me an PM with your number and I'll call you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: