Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Superformance

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 11:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPK View Post
Great comments..Can someone clarify the differences between the MK lll and the Coupe ?
The coupe repels, and retains, water better and has a bigger fuel tank( longer range).
Old 03-28-2009, 12:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 2715
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodz428 View Post
The coupe repels, and retains, water better and has a bigger fuel tank( longer range).
Woodzie ,

I would love to see an option for a larger gas tank on the Mark III. I would like to see Superformance come out with a 25 or larger gallon gas tank.

As for water retention, quit taking ur Coupe through the car wash!

E
Old 03-28-2009, 01:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of Sp931
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Asp View Post
Woodzie ,

I would love to see an option for a larger gas tank on the Mark III. I would like to see Superformance come out with a 25 or larger gallon gas tank.

As for water retention, quit taking ur Coupe through the car wash!

E
Eric,

Go get yourself a fuel safe racing cell and you will gain several gallons of fuel. The SPF gas tank sits right in back of the rear differential and held in place with just two straps. Should a Deer try to run you down and collide with
your rear end it would shove that tank right into stuff that will rip it apart and likely cause a fire. I really liked the fit and finish of my SPF but I did get tired of all the parts problems.

McDoo
Old 03-29-2009, 12:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

how big is the stock tank in the MkIII 16 gals >?
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com
Old 03-29-2009, 05:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

my old SPF 156 is still rock solid after all these years ( built in 1996 ) ... if i had to get another one, it would be another SPF .

re gas tank size query , mine is 17 gallons - not sure if they have been changed over time since '96 or not . Mine was the stock tank size provided back then . Bill
Old 03-29-2009, 06:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Wells View Post

re gas tank size query , mine is 17 gallons - not sure if they have been changed over time since '96 or not . Mine was the stock tank size provided back then . Bill
16 gallons is what I think it is. However without a sump, my fuel pump can starve when I'm down 12 gallons

I was thinking a great winter project would be installing/building a bigger gas tank.

E
Old 03-29-2009, 07:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Asp View Post
16 gallons is what I think it is. However without a sump, my fuel pump can starve when I'm down 12 gallons

I was thinking a great winter project would be installing/building a bigger gas tank.

E
E,

Are you talking about fuel starvation on the street or the track? You're running an electric fuel pump?

The standard tank is listed as 17 gallons. My gauge is pretty accurate and I run it down below a quarter of a tank and I have had no fuel starvation issues. But...I'm running a little ol' Windsor motor.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 03-29-2009, 08:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

fuel starvation on many of these occurs when the tank is 1/3 or less full and upon wide open throttle acceleration- cuz the fuel gets sloshed away from the fuel pick up .

when that happened to me , i filled the tank to 3/4 or more and the problem went away . others report similar problems with same fix, ie ; Fill her up - or get it over 1/2.

also, I located my sales brochure from when my car was built and it listed the fuel capacity ( then anyway ) as 17 gals . Bill
Old 03-29-2009, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the Bug View Post
E,

Are you talking about fuel starvation on the street or the track? You're running an electric fuel pump?

The standard tank is listed as 17 gallons. My gauge is pretty accurate and I run it down below a quarter of a tank and I have had no fuel starvation issues. But...I'm running a little ol' Windsor motor.
Yeah, I have Dynatek's EFI system, and I am using an Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump. Under low tank/hard acceleration it starts starving.

E
Old 03-29-2009, 08:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Wells View Post
fuel starvation on many of these occurs when the tank is 1/3 or less full and upon wide open throttle acceleration- cuz the fuel gets sloshed away from the fuel pick up .

when that happened to me , i filled the tank to 3/4 or more and the problem went away . others report similar problems with same fix, ie ; Fill her up - or get it over 1/2.

also, I located my sales brochure from when my car was built and it listed the fuel capacity ( then anyway ) as 17 gals . Bill
Exactly my point.

A larger, sump included, baffle provided fuel tank is what I'll be looking to work on.

E