1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-03-2001, 05:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Previous owner of SPF#1938, with a Keith Craft 496ci Genesis 427 side oiler, 667 FWHP, 633 FWTQ, 560 RWHP, 550 RWTQ.
Not Ranked     
Smile

Ed,

I was referring to the May event a year ago when we started at AER and then caravaned around White Rock Lake and then ended up at Keller's.

JIm
Old 08-04-2001, 06:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Well I guess it's my turn!

Austin is a great city and I agree with Mr. Morris on all his points, as I was not very happy trying to find a parking place for my trailer and driving in all that construction. The poker run made up for most of that! Now that's the past, let's learn from it!

Having an annual event in Austin would be ok, if there were other
events planned through out the state and everyone attended! We orginially set this up to do Austin in the Spring, then two or three other events; i.e. Dallas, Houston and one other - Corpus or ? The problem is it seems everyone comes out for only one, the Spring event!

If this is the way it is going to be - then I vote to move it around, throughout the state. There are a lot of neat areas and putting some road course or drags in, would also be fun! Where ever we go, let's think about the following:

. Fun place with great cruising
. Special Events - Cruise, car show, drags, road course, other!
. Hotels should be near the event
. Lot's of room for trailers
. Secured parking for non-trailered cars (covered would be great)
. Flexibility in the schedule, you pick what you want to do
. Stay out of the resturants (sit down meals) as a big groups, like
this, either have to split up or do more Fast Food.
. Make it affordable as the disposal income - really very's here!

Last edited by gsharapa; 08-04-2001 at 06:22 AM..
Old 08-06-2001, 01:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

DAMN.........and just when I thought I was going to Dallas!
Old 08-08-2001, 11:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #89 Keith Craft Genesis 427 so, stroked to 482, 649 hp. Sabre GT 40 #16 351W stroked to 408, 527hp, TWM stack injection, Fast XFI, G50/50.
Not Ranked     

I'll throw my ideas out as well.

I think we should keep the spring event at Austin.
I think we should add a fall event at Dallas. The only reason I say it should be in Dallas is I would recommend the shelby nationals at motor sport ranch. There will be a large group from Dallas attending and would be a good chance for some track time. The weekend ends up with a car show. last year was a blast, I recommend everyone who can, attend this event.

John
Old 08-08-2001, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm going to put my 2 cents in again. Somebody said that there are a lot more cobras up north in Dallas/Ft Worth than down here in Austin. If having it up north would bring out more cars then I vote for moving it to Dallas this year, or anywhere up there.
Old 08-08-2001, 07:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33849 (currently 460)
Not Ranked     

I think the prez has made the call. Check out the prez's other post "Austin it is"