Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA GT #2077, 331 SBF, Webers, Gurney Eagle heads
Not Ranked     
Default Latest sign up list

Great progress! I highlighted the remaining items. Of course if anyone else has a favorite picnic thing, it would be welcomed.

Card tables (2)
Bratwurst - Jody and Nancy Orsag -25
Hot dogs - MadMiles
Buns - Jody and Nancy Orsag 25
Bread
Condiments - George
Relish tray
Salad (tossed or cole slaw, etc.)
Potato Salad - Jack & Stephanie
Chips and Salsa or dip - JRoss
Cookies, brownies, etc. - Aggie Jack
Brownies - Jack & Stephanie - 25
Paper plates, plastic silverware - MadMiles
Paper towels - MadMiles
Trash bags, 33 gal - Jody and Nancy Orsag - 10
10'x10' canopy or two in case of weather - Jody and Nancy Orsag - one
10' x 10' canopy - Sam (1)
Large fan - Jody and Nancy Orsag
Margarita Machine & Mix - Wendell & Lynn
Weber Grill, charcoal, and utensils - Sam

Thanks!
Sam
Old 06-11-2010, 10:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Coupe SOLD.Current 66 Mustang
Not Ranked     

SSSssammy and everyone have a great time Mary and I wont be ther this year so be safe go fast sat
I agree Life is way to short to worry about gas milage.Other rides Crewcab Super Duty F350 Ford,Shlby Charger,66Mustang/Frankinstang,Chevy Van,KTM Dualsport,FFR Daytona Coupe SOLD... RUN N GUN 06,07,08,09 Hallet 09,
Old 06-11-2010, 02:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LSC427, 427DartSHP
Not Ranked     

The Wife and I are will be getting back from the Carribean Thursday night. I am not sure if I will be rested enough to make the trip on Friday, but we will see.

If not, have fun and be safe!

EDIT: If I make it, it will be Friday afternoon. What is the chance a hotel room will be available at the last minute?

Last edited by Skuzzy; 06-11-2010 at 06:39 PM..
Old 06-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     
Default Hallett Parking

Has anyone reserved one of those covered parking areas at Hallett that I could share?
I'll pay for my half, of course.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmiles442 View Post
Has anyone reserved one of those covered parking areas at Hallett that I could share?
I'll pay for my half, of course.
Miles, I just sent a note to David Apgar inquiring if there was one available we could split. Usually Larry reserves one. I had kind of given up on the idea, but will let you know.

Sam
Old 06-14-2010, 05:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #968 / Genesis 427 Aluminum S/O
Not Ranked     

It's only Monday and I'm sooooo ready to go.............

Here's hoping for cool weather.........
SPF #968 w/ Genesis Aluminum 427 S/O
CVAR vintage racer: 1965 Mustang Fastback w/ HP 302
Old 06-14-2010, 05:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Miles I have one and Dean Lampe is not bringing his car so if you want to buy Deans spot for $50 you can. Let me know. I have it rented for the weekend. The cost is $100 per day per canopy and I rented both sides for the weekend. Mike Barnhardt and Mat Twiehaus are sharing one side and Dean and I were to share the other. The problem is that we can only get 4 cars under the cover and sometime people try and park in our garage that are just visiting.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 06-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #867 gone....
Not Ranked     

Bad news,
Between the unexpected burst water heater and a fried home computer and monitor (power surge), all coming on the heels of buying a whopper of an engagement ring, I must bow out for this year.
Very frustrated but the bank account, she is too low.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmiles442 View Post
Bad news,
Between the unexpected burst water heater and a fried home computer and monitor (power surge), all coming on the heels of buying a whopper of an engagement ring, I must bow out for this year.
Very frustrated but the bank account, she is too low.
Good Lord..............
Remember, if it has tires, t!t's, or a mother board......... it's gonna give you trouble.
"Whopper of an engagement ring"................... give me a break! Haven't you learned yet?????

Oh well..............Can I borrow your helmet again? Give me a call first thing before you leave for work today.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: jbl
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvDaBlues View Post
Good Lord..............
Remember, if it has tires, t!t's, or a mother board......... it's gonna give you trouble.
"Whopper of an engagement ring"................... give me a break! Haven't you learned yet?????

Oh well..............Can I borrow your helmet again? Give me a call first thing before you leave for work today.
i'll take the cobra!!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY GT500...slightly modified. Former owner of CSX4758..a GEM of a ride!
Not Ranked     
Default We be there!!!

Sam,
Susan and I will pick up what ever is still needed when we get to Tulsa.

Gary
Old 06-17-2010, 04:41 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports; KC408w: 546HP/ 553TQ
Not Ranked     

Hope all of you have a safe time and wonderful event. Wish I could be there.

Looking forward to hearing all the news, including track temps.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL now SOLD
Send a message via AIM to jdean
Not Ranked     

Yo Dallas area Hallett homies......hows The Bitc# treating you lately? Hope cars and drivers are holding up to the heat.

Last edited by jdean; 06-18-2010 at 01:43 AM..
Old 06-18-2010, 07:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LSC427, 427DartSHP
Not Ranked     

Well, we got in from the islands at about 3am this morning. Ba dweather in Miami delayed all the flights. I am exhausted. Wish I could make it.

Everyone stay safe, have fun, and take some pics to rub in the faces of those of us who just could not make it this year.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdean View Post
Yo Dallas area Hallett homies......hows The Bitc# treating you lately? Hope cars and drivers are holding up to the heat.
I bailed out this am about 8:30, so missed the Sunday car show. Had to get back since I am taking care of everything here while Mary Beth is on a 2 week Scandinavian cruise. Thursday night cruise to the Brady District (kind of a mini Lower Greenville) was long and complicated. But it had more of a variety of places to eat, so if you were tired of the Sonic ... There were 900 cars counted by the organizers. The old location on Peoria became non-viable when the businesses there said they didn't want us to come back. Turns out we were annoying a lot of the little companies that were there. The Brady merchants collaborated on a 10 Best Prize. They chose their 10 cars from the event and Earl handed out plaques at curbside. My car was one of the 10 and Lee Abramson also won with his 70 Shelby GT350. The bars and restaurants had volunteers running around in green t-shirts showing people where things were. They were really trying to build business.

Friday at Hallett met up with Clois, Dean and Mike Bernhart. Mike had the former Dean RCR GT40. But problems with the alternator belt prevented him from running more than one session, I think. It was sure great to see you guys again! The event was what I expected .. way too much being crammed into one track day. I will not run on Friday again. Fun demo vintage Mustang race by the CVAR was a highlight. I don't think LDB won, but he looked very racy I ran three 10 min sessions and only got to the checkered flag one time. Aborted two sessions due to bad behavior by other participants and lack of control by the track people. It was a goat rope, as we say here in TX.

Friday Night cookout went very well. We had maybe 25 people, including Keith, and his team after they closed up the display. Thanks to everyone who contributed something and to Susan, Stephanie, Lynn, and Nancy who helped me cook and serve. And they cleaned up ... Woot! Wendell rented the Margarita machine and we had frozen margies till the wee hours of Sat am. Great social time Two 10' canopies joined together and staked down gave us a shelter.

Saturday, up at 5:30 am with maybe 4 hours sleep, still UI, if you know what I mean. Can't get the rig out of the lot, so I drove the Cobra 40 miles out to Hallett. Fortunately was able to share Clois' raceport, so I had shelter. No one from our group but me and Seitz at the driver's meeting. Clois and Dean did not come out. I don't think there were 30 cars running in all three groups. So it was as in years past .. terrific! I was running in the street class, Group II. I decided that I won. Two of the three sessions I ran, I lined up first and never saw another car until I lapped the group. No trophy, tho'

It was not as hot as last year, but I was worn out, so left at lunchtime to go back for a shower and a nap. 40 miles in the heat, got to the hotel pretty depleted. I gave up my banquet ticket, so someone else will have to report on that. Went over to Qdoba's and had some decent chick tacos, guac, and Corona. Then sat in our shelter till people returned from dinner/banquet and we had another fine time social evening. Keith had his guys working on a couple of concours 60's Shelbys. Lots of strollers stopping by to chat about Cobras ("how can you tell if it's a real one") Finally, after midnight, the golf cart races started. "Borrowed" golf carts doing wheelies, burn outs, etc. The Sheriffs shut that down pretty quick by parking a unit in the middle of where it was going on. Right near our camp.

So it turned out fine! The only thing missing was a quorum from the Dallas group. We did hold on to the Texas Corner, and all of us had a place for our rigs. Wendell, Jay, and Jody got there early and staked out the oak tree and a grassy island that was perfect. I have a few pictures, but that will have to wait a day or two.

Sam
Old 06-21-2010, 01:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I agree with Sam, except I'll call it like I saw it. It wasn't bad behavior on the track, it was bad DRIVING on the track. Just because you have a high performance vehicle doesn't mean you're a high performance driver. If 1/2 these guys would drive within their means, it would be much more enjoyable for everyone.

It was a great time, ya just have to choose the right time to get seat time in.

My advice to new guys tracking a car. If you have the opportunity to have an experienced driver ride with you for instructions, do it! They could probably shave 3-4 seconds off your lap times.

Last edited by LuvDaBlues; 06-22-2010 at 11:23 AM..
Old 06-21-2010, 04:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL now SOLD
Send a message via AIM to jdean
Not Ranked     

Hey thanks for the update Sam.....I guess the lesson here is that the best situation is only pay to run Saturday and cross your fingers for some livable temperatures. Glad everyone was safe. Post pics ASAP ya'll.