28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 05:12 AM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     

Just glad you're OK man. BTW, Francis gave you some great advise.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FRR MKIII 408w
Not Ranked     

Gents,
Thanks so much for the kind words and encouragement. I'll keep you all posted on what transpires with the insurance company.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Charles,

I hope your head is clear and that all is going as well as possible.

BTW, is that a dozen warm Krispy Kreme's in the passenger seat ? Maybe the light is playing a trick on my eyes...

Keep us posted. Sad loss, glad you're OK.

God's speed,
Paul

Last edited by Prof; 07-18-2011 at 04:42 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 07-18-2011, 04:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance
Not Ranked     

Very sorry to see that & glad that you're ok!! Look forward to seeing the new one and you back in the seat!!!

Pittsburgh, PA
Old 07-18-2011, 06:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BackDraft, Keith Craft 408; 1967 GT500CR
Not Ranked     

Whew! Very good to hear you're ok!
Old 07-18-2011, 07:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, 302, Tremec 3550. #038
Not Ranked     

I'm a little confused...the title says you were T-boned but in the thread you said he pulled out in front of you. Did he pull out in front and you hit the brakes and slid into him sideways? Or did he come out a side street and hit you from the side? Just trying to determine the type of impact.
If they hit you from the side, the damage is in front of the door which means you had little to no time to react. Behind door and back, the insurance companies have been known to dispute saying you had time to react.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueoo7 View Post
I'm a little confused...the title says you were T-boned but in the thread you said he pulled out in front of you. Did he pull out in front and you hit the brakes and slid into him sideways? Or did he come out a side street and hit you from the side? Just trying to determine the type of impact.
If they hit you from the side, the damage is in front of the door which means you had little to no time to react. Behind door and back, the insurance companies have been known to dispute saying you had time to react.
He came out of a side street.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

Has the insurance contacted you yet? I had a case where they didn't call me and just waited for me to file the claim. They used my waiting to file to try and say that I caused more damage by driving the car instead of filing a claim. It took it longer to get settled, but my insurance was a strong advocate in it.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Wicked View Post
Has the insurance contacted you yet? I had a case where they didn't call me and just waited for me to file the claim. They used my waiting to file to try and say that I caused more damage by driving the car instead of filing a claim. It took it longer to get settled, but my insurance was a strong advocate in it.
Depending on things, it can take from 5 to 14 days to get a police report with all the info on it, and if the other party involved didn't get the info at the scene to report to his company, they do not know who/whom to contact.....seen this a number of times........
David
Old 07-19-2011, 03:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I can understand that and can see why it takes time to get an estimate going, but after I had to fight that fight, I always contact them right away and file a claim and tell them I need a rental car with the other persons info. They always tell me that they have to check with the person, but it gets the process started and if I don't get a call back in a few hours I follow up again. That works well for me so far.

Note: I say always because I got hit 3 times in the old Mustang between Oct 09 and Jan 10. 2 times in Jan I was rear ended. 1st at a stop light and 2nd in traffic while moving slowly 2 weeks after I got it back from the body shop. I also call my insurance agent right away and give the others insurance information to them. She always calls the other insurance company and asks if they are going to take care of it right away or if she is and then go after them for the repair costs.

Last edited by Joe Wicked; 07-19-2011 at 03:36 PM..
Old 07-19-2011, 10:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Wicked View Post
Note: I say always because I got hit 3 times in the old Mustang between Oct 09 and Jan 10. 2 times in Jan I was rear ended. 1st at a stop light and 2nd in traffic while moving slowly 2 weeks after I got it back from the body shop. .
Dang Joe, if ya'll come to Arizona don't ask me to ride with you.
tin-man
Old 07-20-2011, 09:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

No problems since and that was a big part of my decision to get rid of that car and buy a new one. It delayed the Cobra plans though as a new car payment seriously puts a damper on saving money for the Cobra.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR track car, SL-C track car
Not Ranked     

Crap Charles, you just got the car finished, what, 2 months ago?

That really sucks. Glad you came through ok though.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Any Update?
Old 07-28-2011, 10:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof View Post
Any Update?
The guys insuracne came out yesterday to look at car said this will take some time due to kind of car...took pics ...info on ffr ect. Keep you all posted
Old 08-05-2011, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 408 525HP/490TQ, Mass Flow EFI
Not Ranked     

"translation" the insurance guy has no clue.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Option to go thru your insurance and let them subrogate it.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #90, 351w,Tremec 3550, SB100 SOLD
Not Ranked     

Charles,

Push your insurance company to fight for you. That is their job! Guaranteed the other guy's insurance will try to worm their way out of this. I've had it happen. Luckily my insurance company got tough with the other company (Your company can do this too if you ask them to do so). The best thing they did was a phone inteview with the person who caused the accident (and suddenly changed their story, telling them the call was being recorded. The story changed back to really what happened and her insurance paid off almost immediately after my company got involved.

You might prepare by having Factory Five provide you with a comprehensive list of replacement parts (I would think they could just run a parts list with a price next to each item for the whole car. You can pick the ones you need from the list later). Then have your insurance company recommend a shop that specializes in custom work (believe me they know at least one that works on high end cars). Get pictures to them now in hopes of a preliminary labor estimate, or potentially a "total" if necessary.

In any case, good luck. Just be proactive and don't wait for the other guy. Believe me, if you push hard, things will get done faster. Don't forget, your insurance company has a very good staff of attorney's available as well!

SkipB
Old 08-06-2011, 07:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calicoco View Post
Option to go thru your insurance and let them subrogate it.
Due to the type of car you have, this might just be your best bet.

The "other" company has no idea what your car is worth (in case of a total) and they will try and figure it out as best they can (in their favor, of course, not yours). Your company will be more open to discussion as you are their client.

If fixable, then let your company handle it. Pay your deductible and git er done. Then let them subrogate against the other company. At least you'll be on the road again.

If you think it will be a total loss, then now is the time to gather comps in order to back up whatever dollar claim you think your car is worth.

Unfortunately, you're not going to like the comps. Hopefully it makes financial sense to fix it and not total it.

And, since there is some personal injury, keep records of all doctor vsits, prescriptions, therapy, lost work, pain and suffering, etc. as this will be a separate claim and could go on for some time. You do not have to settle both claims at the same time. Personal property damage can be settled as soon as you are satisfied with the numbers. Personal injury claims can go in until all damage to you has been addressed.

Last edited by jhv48; 08-06-2011 at 08:00 AM..
Old 08-06-2011, 08:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Up date:
My insurance adjuster came by to see car. Took pics and info. was much more interested in getting true value of car. Gave him info on FFR...and forum sites. I am also getting a Pro. Car Appraisal done by a certified appraser by American Societlhy of apprases ,ASA auto. group,uniform stand ARDS U.S.P.A.P.