Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2002, 08:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion, 408W
Not Ranked     
Default Austin event review

Well, it's been hard to describe But we had a great time hosting the Austin event (by the way, I'm drunk writing this) We're looking for feedback from the participants. Who had a good time? Who had a blast? Who wants to do it again? We are ready with the help of our new president, Dennis Mosley (Congratulations!!!) Let's make this a long feed!!! Here's to a great goup of people, the TEXAS COBRA CLUB!!

This is Joe Z, Signing out, Peace Y'all!

Have a safe drive home

Joe & Stretch
Old 02-23-2002, 09:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, Supercharged Ford 5.0 & all the toys.
Not Ranked     
Default A Freakin' Blast !!!!!

Well I'm not drunk like you Joe, but today's (and last night's) activities were well worth the ~2.5 days it took to bolt back on all the hardware on the Cobra, and whatever time I'll spend gutting it again. What a freakin' blast!!! Much thanks to everyone who set this thing up, and everyone who participated. I'll toast to that. Congrats Dennis! I'll drink to that too.

Negative point -- not enough civilian vehicles in the Origin parking garage to set off the alarms of.

Do it again?!?!?! Hell yeah! Let me know before I strip the car again.

I'm sitting here watching the in-car video right now. This coverage is awesome! It's like poker-run thru the eyes of the Cobra. The Blair Witch Cobra Poker-Run Project. I'll have to get some of this circulated soon.

If you don't hear from me in the near future, its cause I overdosed on Cobras tonight.

Cheers,
-Neil.

CMC Cobra, Ford 5.0, EFI, Vortech supercharged, T5Z, 8.8 rear, MII front, 4-wheel discs, A/C, stereo.
Old 02-24-2002, 05:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The 2002 Texas Cobra Club annual meet was a huge success! 57 Cobras I believe to be the final tally with 200 people attending! What will 2003 bring?
We can't thank Joe and Lana Z. enough for allowing the club to use their incredible 3 acre ranch with the numerous beautiful oaks. Thanks again!

Congrats to Dennis on being voted in as el Presidente III ! He's earned it!

Let's hope everyone makes the Sunday drive home (Houston, Dallas, Corpus, New Orleans, Florida even!) safely and without incident.

My vote for the March Club Cobra car of the month is the roof top picture of all 57 Cobras! Any one have a better idea?

Scott
Old 02-24-2002, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Talking WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW

Words can not begin to explain the huge success this was.

I think the total count was 58 with Gerhart(Austin) showing up at Joe's Ranch.

Like Tom Says," it's not the cars its the people" that make the T.C. C. GREAT.

Thanks to all that put in a tremendous amount of time making this the best event todate for the T.C.C.. Each year we grow and learn new things and I promise next year will be even better.

I second Scotts idea the image of 57 cars on top of the Origin Garage would make a great MArch Cobra car of the month. Courtesy of the T.C.C.

WOW

Gregg H

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 02-24-2002, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1358 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Ready for another cruise Austin

I'm sun burned, wind burned, chapped lips, and my entire 62 year old body aches from the poker run. But I'm ready to do it again!

Great time had by all. It was also great to see Cammer and Jacque as well. Joe, thanks for the hospitality of your home. Dennis, it's great to have you as our new president. Please try to keep your pants on, this is a wild bunch to contend with.
Old 02-24-2002, 03:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Previous owner of SPF#1938, with a Keith Craft 496ci Genesis 427 side oiler, 667 FWHP, 633 FWTQ, 560 RWHP, 550 RWTQ.
Not Ranked     
Talking Terriiffiic!!

We made the drive back to Dallas safe and in one piece and can only say "What an incredible event!"
We had a terrific time and really appreciate all the hard work the Austin gang put in in organizing the event. Thank you all!
From the tail gating Friday evening, to the gathering at Origin to the poker run to the Ranch, every one of the events were great!
I'm ready for next year and am excited. Congratulations to Dennis as the new President and well deserved.

Jim
Old 02-24-2002, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Talking NOT ENOUGH WORDS

TO DESRIBE HOW I FEEL AFTER SUCH A MARVELOUS WEEKEND

YOU AUSTIN GUYS DID SO VERY MUCH TO MAKE THIS THE BEST EVENT EVER. JOE Z OUR SINCERE GRATITUDE TO YOU FOR OPENING YOUR RANCH AND ALL THE WORK YOU DID.

THE PEOPLE AND THE CARS, THE PEOPLE, THE PEOPLE!!!!

DENNIS, CONGRATULATIONS MR. PRESIDENT! I HAVE NO DOUBTS ABOUT NEXT YEAR SINCE YOU HAVE TAKEN OFFICE.

I DO RECOMEND THAT YOU NAME TOM MEADOWS AS EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF WEATHER, IF HE HAS ANY PARTS OF HIS SOUL LEFT AFTER THE LAST TWO YEARS

NEXT YEAR 75 CARS AND 300 PEOPLE, HOW ABOUT IT?

JAY
Old 02-24-2002, 05:38 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA#389 427 so, gone to N.J./ Superformance "BROCK" Daytona Coupe SN 55
Not Ranked     

Wonferfull! Wonderfull!Wonderfull!!! You guys did a great job, Vic and I enjoyed it so much. Now I see what I missed last year! Chase vehicles on the poker run were a great idea, the food was marvelous and most of all the people were FANTASTIC!!!! Lets do it again real soon..

PS: I lost my senses in the parking lot Friday nite,If found please return to me when convienent!!
Old 02-24-2002, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Great Job Austin Chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great weather, food, refreshments and of course. all the cool Cobras!

John Russell, Drew Baird and myself left around 7:15 this am, hit I-Hop on 35 North and cruised to Dallas arriving at 11:00 am. What a weekend to remember! Even had some time to continue working on my new SPF this afternoon.

57 Cobras showing up was just fantastic! This clearly will be the grand daddy of the year for us, however we really should try to get together more often maybe for some of the monthly lunches?
Old 02-24-2002, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

My only gripe is that there weren't enough twisty roads on the poker run. Seriously, nice road selection. I had a blast keeping some biker on an R1 Yamaha well behind in my mirrors.

Everybody that had a hand in yesterday's festivities, you deserve a huge thank you. I'm sure the rest of us will never appreciate the details involved in setting up such a smoothly-run meet, from scouting out sites and recruiting enough help, to securing door prizes, to ensuring enough food and drink were on hand, to hiring security, buying things like raffle tickets, etc. etc. etc. I wish I could have stayed longer (my poker run hand was a flush!), but we had to pull away just as the meeting started. Thanks a million to everybody who was involved in a fantastic meet. In three years it's gone from about 20 cars and fifty people to almost three times the vehicles and a whole lot more happy faces. Tom, you should be proud of your tenure as El Presidente! You really took the legacy laid down by Stretch and continued to further our club's success and reputation. Dennis, congratulations...anybody who can successfully wrestle an induction setup like that beautiful sextet on your car can probably handle the executive position of the TCC with no problem!

Great job, guys and gals. Soon we're going to need one of those panoramic cameras and extra-wide photopaper to fit all of the cars in the shot--

Happily wind- and sunburned in San Antonio,
Bob
Old 02-24-2002, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Austin Meet

What a GREAT TIME. I have been to alot of car club events in the past and this was the best. I would like to thank everyone that was involved in putting the meet together. It was great to see everyone and meet new friends. Tom, you did a great job as president this past year and the club as grown for it. I know Dennis will do a great job this coming year as well. I cant' wait until next year.

Dan H.
Old 02-24-2002, 07:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks to the Austin folks.... THis was my first event with my car. We didnt think we would make it, but thanks to Dino, Jim, and Don for the use of his rig, I was able to attend and drive my car. Lets hope this engine doent crater like the others...
To all the guys or gals that dont have a finished/painted car... Dont sweat it, we can have just as fun as the painted ones...

Thanks Again
Paul
Old 02-24-2002, 07:51 PM
Subsistance du serpent
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Skype™ to James Baldwin
Not Ranked     

It was sooo wonderful that I put a few pictures in the ALL COBRA TALK section to show off to the rest of the members.

Great job Austin gang!!!!

Dennis... All I can say is "get ready"... We plan to pick up where we left off with that old President we had... What was his name again????

Seriously though,
Tom, Thank you so very much for the work you did for our group last year!!!! And thank you personally for the limo service to the Austin event this year!!

A few ERAs, SPFs, Shelbys, Kirkhams...

Last edited by James Baldwin; 02-24-2002 at 07:54 PM..
Old 02-24-2002, 08:17 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

Dennis, congradulations on becoming the pres!! Sounds like you guys had quite the event!!

Remember, please use the gallery to post images. I want to see everything!
Old 02-24-2002, 08:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What a great time my wife, son, and killer chihuahua had. This was my third year to attend, but it was the first with my cobra(and chihuahua). Thanks to the excellent weather, people, cars, and the hospitality of the Austin group this was the best ever and now I can't wait for next year. By the way now my cobra has 113 miles on it because of the poker run through the beautiful Austin countryside. It was fun all the way around. Thanks again. Tom Mauldin
By the way, when cruising the back roads watch for donkey's.... T.M.
Old 02-24-2002, 09:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking at a LoneStar Comp Kit
Not Ranked     
Exclamation Pictures! Come and get'm!

Just AMAZING!!!

See for yourself!

107 TCC Event Photos!

If you have trouble with the link above, try the one below. Enter "AustinCobra" in the field titled "Album Search:"

ClubPhoto main page

The photos have not been modified or tuched-up, they've gone steight from the camera to the web, and are available in 2048 x 1536 resolution.

Enjoy!,

Joe Mann
Old 02-25-2002, 05:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Talking Austin, You have DONE IT AGAIN!!!

Gentlemen (and you truly are),
This year was simply amazing!! I really thought I(my car that is) wasn't going to make it Thuesday night after a lot of thrashing, but ONLY because of Gary Sharapata and Drew Baird not allowing me to WOOS OUT on Friday morning( and figuring out that I actually had a dead ignition module), we pushed the car on Drew's trailer & off we went! After a little thrashing Friday afternoon in the parking lot(Greg, thanks for the ride to the Ford Dealership), we fired & were ready to roll!!
Well, actually, we were ready to PARTY in the parking lot( THANKS DOUG REED!!!!!!!), and we all learned a lot about a lot of the attendees and we have pictures to prove it! Then it was Saturday morning and I lead a group of the Louisiana contingent over to the garage about 9:15am, and we announced our presence to those above us starting on level #4......YEEHAAAAAA!!
We all pulled in and we began to watch Cobra after Cobra afrer Cobra(replica cars, to be correct) pull around and force us deeper and deeper into full sensory overload! After lunch and the digital work of Jack Puryear for the group photo, we broke up into six groups of 10 cars for a Poker run of about 110 miles, ending at Joe Z's ranch! We were met with banners, flags, security, home brew, BBQ, Birthday cakes(five of us celebrated, with yours truly in the lead @ the posted speed limit..hint the numbers match).
After stuffing ourselves with hospitality and food, the business began.
After many prize give aways(thanks to Enzo & Paula @ the Finish Line and Gary Sharapata with Ford), LOTS of people were happy. Then after a well deserved thanks to Joe Z for the use of his home and property and to Tom Meadows for his truly magnificent leadership of our Club for the past year, the elections began.
After many votes, recounts and dangling chads, apparently Dennis Mosley bought enough votes to bring Houston the leadership role for the next year!!(this might not actually be true, but it is close enough!)
Then the music began, with Stretch & Bobby laying down some hot licks with a fabulous back up band!
We rolled out early Sunday morning, and beat most of the wind that came up, arriving home about 11:30 am.
Thanks Austin, it was a SMASHING SUCCESS ONCE AGAIN.
John Russell
spf#586

Last edited by jrussell; 02-25-2002 at 05:56 AM..
Old 02-25-2002, 06:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well, Well

I can't believe it. I kept telling myself all weekend "We are in Austin and I have the Cobra with me" After going the first two years and having a car but not being able to take it I finaaly did it. Man what a ride.

I really enjoyed meeteing new people that we spend so much time with every year on this forum. Ren Man, your brew was awsome. I would like to thank everyone envolved period. I know you Austin guys have already started planning next years event, and I can assure you we Dallas gang know how much effort you guys put into this every year. THANK YOU

We left at 7:03 on Sunday and arrived in our driveway at 10:00. Not bad time I don't think, pulling a 24 foot Pace enclosed trailer and all.

We really enjoyed the poker run and the senery was awsome. We are looking forward to next year.

Congrats Dennis. You job this year is to build the Houston group to a minimun of ten cars for next year fron Houston. Who did you replace?

Thanks to Enzo and Paula at Finishline, and Gary Sharapata and everyone else for the door prizes.

This will be tough to outdo next year.

Ferrari Killer
Steve Parks
Old 02-25-2002, 06:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     
Talking WOW!!

What a great weekend!!

And Mr. former el presidente, the one with the ERA (Exquite Ruhbarb Automobile) - how you pulled off this year's weather is amazing. Not even 24 hours later on Monday morning, the temperature in Texas is dropping faster than Enron stock... great timing! Thank the Big Man for me, please.

My wife Anneliese had a wonderful time, and she was even making comments like "... next year when WE have our Cobra.." , and "we're not going to Tulsa without a Cobra..." Yippee!!!

Thanks to Lawrence and Gloria Bell for letting us "hang out" with y'all, and putting up with our constant nit-picking over your beautiful red SPF, and trying it on for size... We are really glad y'all decided to come on out.

Of course it was great to see Doug Reed of Superformance South again, with his incredible rolling mansion (r.e. "RV") and the wet bar - great party in the parking lot!! And that new solid black SPF with the monster stroker is a sight to behold...

Joe Z - you have a BEAUTIFUL home - thanks so much for opening your ranch up to all of us. Great job on everything: the decoration, organization, the great food and drink, and especially the hospitality.

Enzo of Finishline, and Gary Sharapata of Ford - thanks for the great door prizes!! And to my wife Anneliese, THANKS FOR DRAWING SUCH CRAPPY CARDS IN THE POKER RUN!!

And last but not least - what a great job by Stretch Williams!! It was an absolute honor to play and sing with you and your band. It was humbling, to say the least. I wish everybody didn't have to leave so early - I understand that it was getting dark and cold, and all you folks with no tops and sunburns wanted to get back to the hotel or home, but you REALLY MISSED A GREAT SHOW! We are going to have to figure out a way to get the Stretch Williams Band back next year, and some how set up the band were everyone can enjoy the show while relaxed and comfortable!!

Counting the days until next year!!

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!

Last edited by bwcobra15; 02-25-2002 at 06:39 AM..
Old 02-25-2002, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I had a good time meeting everyone and scanning all the other cars for the first time. Looks like I got my work cut out for me. There were alot of bad ass cobras out there. It's too bad I had to leave so early and I wasn't even able to get in the rooftop picture (or the poker run, or the homebrew, or the birthday cake, etc., etc.) . Oh Well, maybe next year.

Later,
Steve Ogden