14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2002, 03:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar classic, blue w/ white,Keith Craft 418 ( 606 HP ) pump gas motor
Not Ranked     
Default Wed Oct 2nd Dessert run

I've been selected to find a spot for next Wednesday's dessert spot. It's going to be over toward 121/114. I'll be over there tomorrow morning and I'll locate an appropriate location for our fine automobiles.

It'll be 7:30 so we have more daylight if that works for everyone.

Alan
Old 09-27-2002, 05:20 PM
Subsistance du serpent
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Skype™ to James Baldwin
Not Ranked     

Sounds great!

A few ERAs, SPFs, Shelbys, Kirkhams...
Old 09-28-2002, 03:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar classic, blue w/ white,Keith Craft 418 ( 606 HP ) pump gas motor
Not Ranked     

OK - How about Joe's Crab Shack at 114 and Main Street in Grapevine? We checked out the menu and they have 4 really tasty looking desserts. Key lime pie, cheesecake, ice cream sundae, and banana fosters. Patio seating overlooking prime Cobra parking.

7:30 or 8 Wednesday the 2nd.

See ya there.
Alan
Old 09-28-2002, 03:58 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

alan.
there was a rumor the other wed. at jason's you are thinking about some afr heads.if so which ones ?
Old 09-28-2002, 04:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am considering the AFR 185s, I've heard some good and bad about them but it seems that their air flow numbers are realy good even before custom machining, I talked to Ernie at E.T. he says that he has had some problems with "out of the box" alignment issues, but I want to talk to some others that have used them before I decide which route to take.

Are you going to make the dessert run this week (weathers great for it) ?
Old 09-29-2002, 08:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Unhappy Dang it, I'm going to miss another one!

Shoot,
I guess the stars are just not aligned with Wednesday night & my family schedules for a while. I have been informed that I have "volunteered" to help cook burgers along with other fathers out of the Sophmore Class at Woodrow Wilson H.S. for the parking lot tailgate party, which will follow the traditional Homecoming Parade through Lakewood on Wednesday. This is Homecoming Week, and the Parade is the "Kickoff", with the Homecoming game Friday night and the Dance/Party on Saturday night (I also "volunteered" to Chaperone that one, so I was told).
Funny thing is, I don't remember "volunteering" for either duty, and in fact I was not even present- but Mary was- Nah, she wouldn't have "volunteered" me would she, no way, nah, you think??
Oh well, such is life, y'all have fun!
I'll make one of these sooner or later.
John Russell
Old 09-29-2002, 11:39 AM
The Royal Rhubarb
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #495,427SO, Stroked
Send a message via AIM to ERA600hp
Not Ranked     
Talking

The Beast will not be able to attend, I've got a Football game Wednesday night!

The Beauty should be there, Big Brother 3 is over with!!

Have fun!!
Old 09-30-2002, 03:51 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

alan,
the day after i last saw you,at colter's,there was a slight mishap with my cobra.the new body is being painted right now.could be ready about oct. 10.
i was going to do the rad measurements the next day for the shroud we had discussed.i still intend to if the offer still stands.

i won't beable to make it this wednesday. about to go crazy
(crazier ?) not being able to drive my cobra.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Fred, sorry to hear you have had a cobra mishap, hope it turns out OK. Hate to ask but inquiring minds want to know what happened?

Hey we would still like to have you come to dessert even if it means going cobraless.
Old 10-01-2002, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default oct 2nd dessert run

Hey Captin Speed, are you going to make it to the dessert thing, if so how about us crusing over that way together since we both live in BFE. we could meet on this side of the wourld and caravan that way.

Alan
Old 10-02-2002, 12:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I can make it! Just give me a call for meeting and time.
Old 10-02-2002, 02:29 PM
Subsistance du serpent
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Skype™ to James Baldwin
Not Ranked     

We should see you there.

A few ERAs, SPFs, Shelbys, Kirkhams...
Old 10-03-2002, 06:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Previous owner of SPF#1938, with a Keith Craft 496ci Genesis 427 side oiler, 667 FWHP, 633 FWTQ, 560 RWHP, 550 RWTQ.
Not Ranked     
Talking Not me..........

still in Italia, but missing all my Cobra friends.

Ciao!

Jim
Old 10-03-2002, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Had a great time last night. Lost 1/2 a tank of gas following Alan. (He had a toll tag and we HAD to speed up to hit the toll booth first and still had to fire wall it to catch up. Of course, Paul never wants to push the envelope---Heaven forbid if he ever really gets the BIG engine) Anyway, it is amazing how you get to see a different side of people!! When we got to Joe's (Crabshack) there were no parking spaces. There was a biker rally and at least twenty spaces were taken up. NO Parking for US. We sat in the parking lot for about 20 minutes and Alan's wife "Fearless Fiona" went up to one of the Bikers and asked for them to move their ****s over and give us a few spaces. No dice. Then a space opened up and Paul pulled in and there was a second opening and a truck pulled in ready to grab it. "Fearless" went over and told him we had been waiting for 20 min. and we were taking this one. He held his ground. A third space opened two down from Paul and Alan took it with "Fearless " ALLOWING the trucker to have the one she was STANDING bravely in. Living the clean life---a space opened up in the middle section, closer to the building--Paul charged into it and another next to him gave way for Alan to move up. T-H-E-N James Baldwin and wife stolled into the parking lot in a space we were guarding for him...only to have a third open next to Alan and the three Cobras were all nested together. James suggested we go somewhere else, buI told him we fought too hard to leave now. Way to go "Fearless"!! Need to make sure she is around to police the area!!
For the wives that don't come. We have a great time. The dessert seems to come after a meal...it is fun to hear the wives rally together and the conversations are quite different from the "guy-monopolized" gatherings. So come on, ladies..get it together next time and jump in that seat. Your guy probably needs coaching as he drives to the watering hole. We can always exchange recipes or something. Besides, the guys love to pay for dinner if the little woman comes. Right, guys???

Marilyn
Old 10-03-2002, 08:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Speaking of "BFE" any of you guys cars able to drive furher than three blocks from home? How about a trip to the lake??Ray Hubbard. We could have a dessert party at our house. I need to have something for all the work getting ready for the wedding from--you know... Any takers?? Come on--it will be a beautiful night..moon over the lake and all. How, 'bout you James--you like to cruise. It is close enough for Gary and I know Susan needs to blow the cobwebs our before the Big Weekend. Paul will just have to let the snake stay curled up in the garage..probably send him into some sort of daze.