Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2002, 08:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1358 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Question Austin Query

Since many of the Austin members have been quiet for some time, and the low monthly meet responses; several of us would like to hear from you (whasss Up?).

1. All Austin members please sign in and acknowledge if your alive or dead. (Only Austin Cobra members please.)

2. Is there a reason why we are having little response, no communication, or a lack of interest on our monthly meets?

3. Any monthly meet recommendations would be appreciated.

4. Do we want to split up the monthly meets (north vs south) because of driving distances?

5. If you can't make a monthly meet, at least log in once in awhile and say "Hello". A lot of us are wondering what has happened to you.

Please keep in touch, Cobra dudes are a rare breed of folks and the lack of friendship is missed by all.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Ed,

In answer to your questions I put my thoughts together on meetings and such:

1. Currently I am not dead.

2. Sorrry I missed you guys yesterday, I usually make about every third monthly lunch. As soon as I get the car on the road I will attend a lot more meetings.

3. As far as meetings go, I know a lot of people have time and schedule conflicts. This is a tough call - you just can't accomadate everybody. Maybe we could try a meeting at a different day or time - like a dinner during the week since a lot of people have to leave town on weekends. Or maybe even a Saturday evening instead of morning.

4. I don't mind driving, I figure I have it easy compared to guys like Tony come up from Lockhart regularly, so I would rather stick with one meeting in one place, but thats just me. If we decide to have two monthly meetings in North/South, we should have them on different days because I think free time plays a bigger role then distance.

5. Sorry I haven't logged in and said hi - will try to keep up more often.

Bob Schenck
Old 09-30-2002, 07:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Location: Right in the middle of the beautiful Texas Hill Country - Boerne, Texas,
Send a message via Yahoo to Blake Olson
Not Ranked     

Ed,

Wife and I moved to Boerne. Been working alot on the car trying to get it ready for the October 12th San Antonio Meeting.

I'll be there in October and on.......in style

blake

"Charlie Don't Surf!"
Old 09-30-2002, 10:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Custom Built Classic Motor Carriage T 5 Z tranny still in the making ..
Not Ranked     
Talking Sounds good Ed

I really would like a show of hands for the Austin Group.What really makes you tick or Not. We could at least have a yeah or Neah on the Monthly Meetings help out each area and keep this Texas Bunch Strong .I think that Hooters really sparked the Crowd up .Evening meet would be good with me but the bugs get bad at night.Week days are tuff since I work 12 to 15 hrs a day then the drive but I don't mind if need be .We also had fun meeting at members homes like Greg's, Rich and others .So I think
1a month and maybe a joined meet with. the other surrounding areas such as what is coming up with SO. A.and Corpus .Soooooo
who's next to vent?
Mustang Mendez
Old 09-30-2002, 10:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 3668 5.0, Windsor Jr., E303, Cobra intake.
Not Ranked     

I suppose I'm not a real member anyway, but I'm am spending a bit of time in the garage right now, until I get my ride done. Now, is there some paperwork to get me "official" as a member of the TX club. I think Saturdays or Sundays are probably best for me.

Now on a different subject. Bob could you email me at:
davek(at)dbcity(dot)net. I've got a FFR build question for you.
Dave
Old 09-30-2002, 10:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Alive, but the US economy is starting to rev & I'm busy (you heard it here first)! Not to mention we have two kids which miss their daddy and an unfinished FFR in the garage....you get the picture.

One suggestion is to do fewer out of town get-togethers until more of us have our cars on the road. I didn't attend the Sept event as I didn't feel like driving my little truck out to where ever that was. I'm a simple guy & closer is better until I have the Cobra on the road. Lunch in & around Austin is ideal as I still have time left over on Sat. to work on my car (and it needs a *lot* of work still). You guys can see a build update here:

FFR DOHC Update

Another thing I've been disappointed in, just being honest here, is the lack of people willing to lend a hand on the build. I had much better car buddies when I had my '98 SVT Cobra. We'd help each other out on the weekends from time to time, but that hasn't happened with this crowd. I guess it's just a different demographic, but a bummer nonetheless.

I'm up for October if its local, simple & leaves time for me to work on the FFR. Otherwise I'll see you guys next year!
-Ed (#2)
Austin, TX
FFR 3496
4.6 DOHC ('98 Donor)
IRS
Old 10-01-2002, 10:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Exclamation Hello to Everyone!

Good to hear from some of you. Sorry we've been out of touch. I'm glad to hear your responses, so we need to bring up some of these issues during our October meet.

We still need to hear from: Stretch, Joe, Kyle, Cammer, John, Richard O, Jeff B, Jeff R, Scott, Neil, Rich L, Dave (RenMan), Greg, and many others. I apologize to those Austin members I have not named. We need a roster of all active Austin members because I have "old-timers" or "senior moments". This post should be a beginning.

To those of you who responded to this post so far, thank you. For those of you who haven't, please respond. We all would like to hear from you.

Last edited by Ed Csoltko; 10-01-2002 at 12:43 PM..
Old 10-01-2002, 12:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Talking ED, I'M NOT DEAD EITHER!!

ED,
I just wanted you to know that I am currently not Dead either, but I am not sure about my cousin, Ray!
Even though I still live up the road a piece in Dallas, I thought you needed to know. I am not sure about Stretch, and he really might be DEAD.........................but probably not, just really, really sick!
Horsepower & Torque corrupt!
Your friend,
John Russell

sorry, it's been one of those days!!
Old 10-01-2002, 12:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

John; I didn't know that you were related to Ray. I don't know if I should be happy or sad for you being his cousin. Come to think about it, I see a slight resemblance between the two of you.

I know that Stretch is alive, he called me last weekend and told me that he was racing a Viper and had an oil leak blow out that got to his rear wheels, lost traction, and spun out. Did I get your story right, Stretch?

Last edited by Ed Csoltko; 10-01-2002 at 12:42 PM..
Old 10-01-2002, 03:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SMC Motorcars 289
Send a message via Yahoo to renaissance man
Not Ranked     

Sorry guys. Since being out of work since June it's been assholes and elbows trying to make ends meet. Spend most weekends marketing our Big Willy's Salsa. Saturdays have been terrible since June. I'd love to do some more monthly meets but I don't see much "light at the end of the tunnel" as far as pounding the pavement. The rest of the time I spend with my wife and daughter. I'll catch up when I can. I think the last meet was the 28th (Saturday) and I was in Yoakum, TX tending to my newly planted crop of peppers for our salsa.

Regards,

Dave "Ren Man"
Old 10-01-2002, 09:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 302->351
Not Ranked     
Default Where does the time go?

I'm still playing catch-up around the house after working out-of-town from April through August, and trying to rewire my ignition box (replacing the coil/dizzy connector that melted on the header while testing the newly replaced dizzy optical module). The furthest my car has been in the last few months is from Steiner Ranch to Four Points to test the module (and melt the connector ). I had hoped to join everyone last weekend, but forgot I had family coming in from New York and Houston.

I know the weather is turning into perfect roadster weather, and I hope my schedule will work out for the next gathering.

I've also been in lurk mode - except for work, the computer's been a read-only device lately. I was sorry to read about your back taking so much fun out of your car that it's on the market, Ed - whoever finally manages to pry the keys away will get a beauty. I know other people have suggested changing seats - if and when I catch up with you, you're more than welcome to try my seats. The CR seats have a pretty good rep, I think, even if they (along with everything else about the CR) are just that little bit different.

Hope to see everyone soon -

JLW
Old 10-01-2002, 09:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, Supercharged Ford 5.0 & all the toys.
Not Ranked     

Howdy folks!

1. I'm here... back in Raleigh for now. Alive, but barely

2. Been out of town.

3. Anything is fine. I'm planning on an Austin visit soon, so I'll try to coordinate with the October meet.... any plans for that yet? Doesn't have to be fancy or long, but good food and Margaritas are much appreciated.

4. Split? I vote "nay". I figure they would be less interesting if we had 2 meets of 3 people each rather than 6 people in one place. Austin is still a small city, and my guess is that people don't mind the extra few miles (especially car enthusiasts) once they are actually out.

5. Hello.

October meet proposal ... how about being different yet central and finding a decent spot on 6th St or Guadalupe, etc? Traffic/crowd shouldn't be too bad for a Saturday midday.

Cheers,
-Neil.

CMC Cobra, Ford 5.0, EFI, Vortech supercharged, T5Z, 8.8 rear, MII front, 4-wheel discs, A/C, stereo.
Old 10-02-2002, 02:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Wink ALive and Well!

Greetings everyone,

Yes, I'm alive and well. JUst been too darn busy. Soccer has consumed the family. Two boys, two different teams. 2 practices a week mon- thursday. and two soccer games on Saturday. Not including the tournaments. Add on a Cub Scout camp out and pack meetings. Who has time.

I have been taking the oldest to soccer practice in the cobra though.

Hopefully this month things will slow. I'm open on the 19th.)

Hope too see you all Soon

Gregg H

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 10-02-2002, 07:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Custom Built Classic Motor Carriage T 5 Z tranny still in the making ..
Not Ranked     
Post Ed 2 ,DavidK,Cobra Dude,ED 1

Ed 2 have to agree this is a different crowd I believe most of us are in the shape you are,your mustang crowd is usually younger vs.Cobra Owners but I do know that you have had some help in the past as for as your travel ,to me it is worth the 2 to 3 hour drive to meet the greatest bunch of people I have ever meet .Not vary many people get to have 4 to 5 cobras over there house for their birthday party and get to drive one to Boot not to mention the Famous people that made that long trip.Sorry you feel the way you do If I wasn't so busy I would be their for you .I really think you are doing a great job by looking at your pics .It is tuff for me to see mine just sitting there but I know it will be right the first time just by hanging out and getting lots of ideas .Stay Cool.
Oh Yeah it seems like Most of the Cobra guys do like to do car shows from what I can tell.

DavidK you are in the club you don't need to do anything but just keep in touch with the crowd its great to have you and thanks for making that drive out here for the party.

Cobra Dude FIND A JOB !

ED 1 I feel that we could leave the discussions on the board and the meetings for Food, Drinks and Cobrasssssss.

Mustang Mendez
Old 10-03-2002, 07:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ed H. I have had a club regular over to my house to help with my cobra. You are going about it the wrong way. My tactic is to find someone that is really interested in seeing your "work in progress" Invite them over, offer them a beer, sucker them in, then say ' by the way, while your are here can you help me lift off the body?' (thanks Jeff, I know you would have come over to help if that is what I had asked for)
Old 10-06-2002, 02:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Lets hear from the rest of the gang!
Old 10-11-2002, 09:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well I am new to the Austin Cobra group. I had planned on going to the 10/19 meet and introducing myself but found the car will be ready next weekend not this weekend. So I will come to the November meet. I live in Round Rock but don't mind a drive down South. My preference would be once a month for meetings.

James Williams
Attached Images

Old 10-11-2002, 10:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Welcome James-W

Good to see another Cobra for the Austin Bunch.
Hope we get to see more of that Cobra Soon .
Looks KILLER !I have the ball for November meet and will be posting very soon.
Mustang Mendez
Old 10-12-2002, 07:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Welcome!

James; Welcome to the Austin bunch. We need some new blood around here to stir up this crowd.
Old 10-14-2002, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

James,
I just put the engine FFR3668 last weekend. Don't have the wiring done etc. But, have I got some questions for you. Mainly about installing those seats...
Looking forward to seeing you at one of the next couple of meetings. We probably won't make this weekend. Have a wedding to go to, but maybe Nov.
Right now, I'm kinda partial to the lunch and let those that have their car on the road go for a cruise while I get back to the garage.