14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2003, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     
Smile Driving Directions to February Meeting Hotel

'afternoon, folks... Just sittin' here in Memphis trying to keep warm and looking forward to seeing you all in Austin in 4 weeks. It was 7...read that 'S-E-V-E-N' degrees this morning when I went out to walk the dog. Even HE didn't want to be out there, and that's rare for a Black Lab to not want to be outside...what a wuss he is...! Still, it was TFC this AM....(let me know if you need me to decode that...I'm thinkin' you won't! )

Anyway, got to thinking about the upcoming trip, and wanted to make sure I knew how to get there from Memphis. Clicked around on Marriott's site, and came across the included page to provide driving directions directly to the hotel from whenever you may be coming from....simply click the link below, supply your origin location information, and click the "Drive It!" button.
Seems to work well....

http://go.vicinity.com/marriottd/get....dsp?BID=AUSNO

Hope this helps someone out...!
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.
Old 01-24-2003, 12:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Pretty Cool, Freddie!!

Freddie,
Pretty cool find, my friend!!
Does it give you a "back roads adult beverage transportation route" to keep out of John Law's eyes for all the clear adult beverage you are bringing??
Just a thought, and be safe!!
John Russell
SPF#586
Old 01-24-2003, 01:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     
Default Nope...that route does not exist...!

Nope...John, that route does not exist..at least not in THIS ol' boy's repetoir....! Drinkin' and drivin' just don't mix in my world....besides, I might hit a bump and spill something! Wouldn't want to waste any Nectar of the Gods, now would we...?

Now, when we get the trailer parked, the awning extended, break out the lawn chairs, and get the tunes flowin'....yes, sir, my friend....I am in my ELEMENT...! I can tailgate with the best of 'em...gimme a vodka-tonic, a charcoal grill, and something to burn and you will be looking for me in every parking lot at every ball game you ever go to!!!

No brag...just fact....besides, if you can do it, it ain't braggin', is it...?
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.
Old 01-24-2003, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy And....by the by....

..so far, I am batting zero in the "clear adult beverage" league. Sources have "dried up" as it were...

Radar is up, though, and we are scanning the horizon for friendlies. Time grows short, however, and the prognosis does not seem to be favorable at this time. Scouts are out...
Old 01-24-2003, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1358 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Gruene back to Hotel

I tried it for the return trip from Gruene (Gristmill) Texas back to the hotel. It's 1 hour & 1 minute trip back on I35.

Try "West Courtyard Drive, Austin Texas". It shows the route from the hotel to the Origin Parking facility.

Last edited by Ed Csoltko; 01-24-2003 at 01:50 PM..
Old 01-25-2003, 08:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Red face Freddie, NO-NO to drinking/driving!!

Freddie,
I fear you misunderstood me!! I was not suggesting drinking/driving in any shape or form, but I was just letting my old memories relive old tails from yesteryear when "moonshiners" used 'hotrod" Fords and Mercurys (and other) vehicles to transport illegal "adult beverage" throughout the South, mostly by the back roads in an effort to evade the ever watchful eyes of the troopers.
I had a good friend in highschool that got a REALLY GOOD DEAL on a used 57 Chevy BelAire, Black, 4 speed, 283- extensively modified, cam, headers, etc, etc, and EXTREMELY fast. We used to get stoped at least once a night, maybe more, every weekend night, searched, for nothing!! When we finally got tired of it and asked the cop just why this kept happening for no reason, he just took us around back, & after he had Tom open the trunk, he showed us the false bottom and a bunch of space designed for liquid transport! When Tom told him he had bought the car about a month prior, the officer radioed in the information and a week later the "random" searches stopped cold.
I wish I had that old 57 now, just like I wished I owned it then! What a rush that was from a time long past in Lubbock, Texas!
I am looking forward to meeting you in Austin, my friend!
John Russell
SPF#586
ps. NO, it WAS NOT Tom Meadows!!!!
Old 01-25-2003, 02:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Unhappy Ooops....my fax pas...!

Sorry, John...I did mis-read your post...that's what I get for reading at the office, then driving 25 miles to a meeting at another office and trying to answer...I should have re-read your post again.
You're right about those old 'shine runners...they had some awesome iron for that day in time! I'm a UT (University of Tennessee) fan, and before I had kids and then had to care for my parents, I used to go to Knoxville to most home games. Along the way, we passed many cities and towns mentioned in the old song "Thunder Road"...which was sung by...do you remember? Robert Mitchum....the only song I think he ever recorded. Anyway, me and my buddies used to always start singing the song as we passed these locations....

"Let me tell the story,
I can tell it all.
About the mountain boy
who ran illegal alcohol.
His daddy made the whiskey,
The son he drove the load,
and when his engine roared
they call that hiway Thunder Road!"

By the time we pulled off the interstate onto Chapman Hiway, on the east side of Knoxville, we were hollering the song like a bunch of idiots...! Hell, we didn't care...we were havin' fun!

Looking forward to meeting you, John...I know we'll have some fun together.