28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2003, 10:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question

The plot thickens More mystery blue Cobras???

http://texascobraclub.com
Old 01-28-2003, 12:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

I will try to dig up that tape tonight--it slipped my feeble mind last night--but I am pretty sure that the car Ed thought was his--the last in line on the left side--is that ERA I mentioned in my first reply. I believe the car was/is dark blue with a black roll bar (haven't seen it since that day). We'll see--
Old 01-28-2003, 01:51 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY GT500...slightly modified. Former owner of CSX4758..a GEM of a ride!
Not Ranked     

I forgot I had a picture of the ERA's from the first ear here at work. You're off on a couple of numbers...#6 is Bob Brezinksy, #7 is Jim woodard and #8 is Rob Roberson...dark blue ERA with chrome roll bar..gumball on front of hood and jet hot of some kind on 1/3 of the sidepipes where they exit the fender. The car on the end before you make the curve to Tom's car seems to be dark blue also with a black roll bar....appears to have a stripe but not white and being a little colorblind it's hard to guess. Hope this helps,

Gary
Old 01-30-2003, 03:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Talking Colorblind?? I forgot!

Gee Gary,
I forgot about the Colorblindness, but you handle it so well, especially when we are all out driving our cars, with you leading the pack in your beautiful GREEN ERA...............
John Russell
Old 01-30-2003, 06:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner: JCF 289 slabside, ERA #329 and 424, GTD "Essex Wire" GT40; currently enjoying Hi-Tech 427 #147
Not Ranked     

Dick, I went back and looked at my tape from the event. Just one correction--the i.d. of the two red cars should be switched. The Shamrock car is #5 in line, and the other red one--near the end of the right side--is definitely an E-M.

The two unidentified blue cars, flanking Gary's ERA, I don't have much info on. The nearest car on the right side looks to me like a Classic Roadsters kit, and the one on the other side of Gary's car is, I think, an SPF. Beyond that, I don't know...
Old 01-30-2003, 06:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Lightbulb Pinging Stretch

Thanks Bob - For some reason I thought the number 13 car (Blue #99) was an FFR. The #16 car does look like SPF. Perhaps Stretch can help us with the two missing pieces to this puzzle. He ran the registration table that day.

Old 01-31-2003, 09:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Default Only two to go!

Dick,
I don't think 16 is a SPF due to the width of the stripes and the fact they totally surround the oil cooler. It is amazing we have only #13 and #16 still unknown.
I hope to get out my tape tonight & look it over, but I have also been planning to do that for a while now.
Oh, well!!
John R.
Old 01-31-2003, 10:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Car #9

Car #9 is my FFR. It is blue with silver stripes. That is me in the yellow/blue shirt in the left.

-SeanTX
Old 01-31-2003, 11:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Unhappy ????????

now i am REALLY confused???????

jay
Old 01-31-2003, 11:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This may be getting closer to being solved--if #9 is Sean's, then the nearest car on the right side (#16) is probably Tom Canfield's. From the tape it definitely looks to be a CR kit; it has the longer doors/bodywork. Also, I recall that, before the group photo was taken, the owner of that car was wiping it down with a damp towel, as it was pretty grimy from having been driven in the rain. That would fit with someone's comments on the first page (Dennis?) about Tom driving it over from Houston in a downpour.

Also, if I could READ it would probably help alleviate some of the confusion. I realize now that we have already i.d.'d the car next to Gary's as belonging to John Russell. What we are after is #13 in the picture, the car with the #99 on it. All I can add to that after looking at the tape is that it looks to me to be an FFR kit. Beyond that, I dunno--

Last edited by snakeeyes; 01-31-2003 at 12:04 PM..
Old 01-31-2003, 02:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Sean - what is your name?? I will correct the listing. That leaves #13 Cobra still a mystery??? The drama continues.