21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2003, 07:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have a FFR and am very happy with it. If I were to do it again I would give the Backdraft a very close look. BMW 3 series suspension and turn key minus motor + trans for about $27K. This would end up about 7-8K over my FFR but to do turn key it is a question only you can answer. The Backdraft is a 92 inch and does not look "long" like the 94's It has good leg room. I am 5-11 and we drove 310 miles on a Saturday a few weeks ago and I was wanting the extra leg room. (or cruise control LOL)

Good luck on your choice.

James
Old 04-24-2003, 07:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Here is a cropped photo from Crawford TX. Which one is $25K and which one is $70K. Like the commercial indicates if you can't tell why should I?

James
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2003, 09:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E.R.A. FIA #2088 1964 289 w/Webers
Not Ranked     

At that distance you're right it makes no difference! Up close, to some, it will!
Old 04-25-2003, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 Seat Roadster-by B&B, 460+ w/auto.
Not Ranked     

James, great advertisement for the bank.

Ron
Old 04-25-2003, 11:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 4039 427 FE 1966- SOLD
Not Ranked     
Default Crawford Cobras

That's not the TCC. Actually, that's the Secret Service detail assigned to keep up with Dubya's daughters, to keep them out of the news.
Old 04-25-2003, 02:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3200, Carbed 351W, IRS, TKO600 RR
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Greatly depends on what you want the car for...show or performance or both....all can be had for the right price but most only offer one or the other.

I went with FFR because I didn't give a flip about originality and I like the light weight of the car and the ease of finding parts....most of which can be found at the local ford dealership!

I built a car to drive...not to ride in a trailer! If thats what I wanted, I wouldn't have built an FFR. Actually if it weren't for FFR, I probably wouldn't have even built a cobra. Maybe a Super 7 or something?

Bottom line is, almost each and everyone is right for someone out there. Just make sure you know what you want it for!
FFR3200 Comp - NASA #27 (ST-1)
TCC President '03
www.cuttingedgeracing.com

Last edited by stuck; 04-25-2003 at 02:57 PM..
Old 04-18-2006, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B --Well built 302
Not Ranked     
Default Consider the B&B

My vote would be to go with a B&B,in that you can't asked for a more accomidating group for info and support after the SALE! They go out of thier way to make sure the customer is "HAPPY".
Old 04-18-2006, 04:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4795 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Wink When?

How soon do you want your car? If you've got a few years to wait, buy a Shelby!

jdog
Old 04-18-2006, 05:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog
How soon do you want your car? If you've got a few years to wait, buy a Shelby!

jdog

jdog,
A few, meaning two? For some reason I thought you were making your way into 3 years now waiting for your Shelby... You definitely get the award for the guy with the most patience. Man O' Man.

Any news about getting your completed car finally - how much longer?
Old 04-18-2006, 06:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former Owner/Builder of KMP142 427 Sideoiler, Tunnel Wedge, Aluminum heads, etc.
Not Ranked     

Kirkham
ERA
Superformance

Bud
Old 04-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Fly out to the Western States Cobra Bash May 18-21 in Sparks Nevada if you want to see just about every kind of Cobra replica (and colors) made; originals and complete hand made cars there too. We have a wide variety this year. 150+ Cobras, Daytona Coupes, GT40s. Adding to the list daily, up until the last batch of registrations comes in this week. Many new buyers are flying in to see and compare in person.

Check out our attendee list to see for yourself - car types/MFG on the right:
http://home.comcast.net/~WSCB/AttendeeList06.htm
Old 04-19-2006, 08:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to mj_duell
Not Ranked     

If you are still in the market, I invite you to give us a look:

www.turntenracing.com

Even though it is not yet posted, we have recently started to offer turn-key minus cars. Prices start around $29,000 for that option.

--Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Just buy what you want...don't settle for something you will not be happy with later. As far as budget is concerned, you will probably end up spending 50% more than you planned by the time you are finished. Donor cars are usually junkers...and would you want junk on your new Cobra? Another thing to consider is customer service...you must have a rapport with the manufacturer, and if they don't help you with your build from start to finish, it isn't worth it. Get good references, and not just one. Lastly, consider buying from a manufacturer that is local, or at least someone you can visit from time to time. I bought from ERA because I thought they were (#1) the best product for the money, (#2) great customer service, (#3) local, only fifteen minutes from home, and lastly (#4), their Cobra looks as good as any, including the originals. I spent way more than I wanted to, but that would have happened no matter what brand I bought. The car is not yet completed (see my gallery) but I am delighted with my progress. Good luck with your choice, and buy it to drive it.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra rookie looking for kit advice

I've finally been able to put together the cash to put a serious effort towards my first cobra. However, research has presented almost 2 many choices. I;m looking for a "turn-key minus" kit or something close to this. While my job has finally allowed me the financial freedom to pursue a Cobra, it also keeps me in the office about 60-70 hours a week.

I have a great paint guy who does a few show cars every year who is willing to do a great price for body work. As well, his shop does some amazing interior work. I have a solid powertrain guy who will install a crate motor and tranny as well. However, I'm looking for a builder who can supply a product who can supply a completed car minus the paint, interior and motor.tranny work.

I'm in the Toronto area, and I'm a larger guy (6'3", 265lbs). I've been told that ERA is a good manufacturer to look at, and I'm impressed with their site. Factory Five sounds OK, and they seem to have a lot of support and happy customers. Backdraft seems like another company worthy of consideration. Any others?

I'm looking to build a 427 replica with a IRS, 5 speed (or 6) and either a strong small block (bored/stroked 392-427 Windsor) or a Big Block FE with Aluminum heads (advice on crate motor vendors much appreciated).

If anybody has had experience on building, delivering or otherwise getting a kit registered north of the border, would love to hear from you too! Sorry if I've rambled far more than what is acceptable, but looking for help. Websites are quite welcome!

Rob
Old 04-20-2006, 05:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to mj_duell
Not Ranked     

Rob,
Your last post says that you are in the Toronto area. This means you will have some problems with the Ministry of Transportation as far as kit imports to Canada. Do a search here at CC about Canadian importation issues and registration. The FFR guys have big problems with this. You cannot import certain parts and in some cases completed cars. There are various Canadian manufacturers to choose from that will remove this problem for you. Our rollers are constructed in Chambly, Quebec and rollers or turn-key minus cars are available. D&D Cobra is a low production, high quality manufacturer and I think you will be pleased with the quality. It would be worth the trip for you, ask for Don if you decide to give them a look. Here is the link to D&D Cobra's website www.ddcobra.com. You will find more information at the Turn Ten Racing site, we are the U.S. distributor for D&D Cobra: www.turntenracing.com .

Mike / Turn Ten Racing, Inc.

Last edited by mj_duell; 04-20-2006 at 05:09 AM..
Old 04-20-2006, 06:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None yet!
Send a message via Yahoo to aks801
Not Ranked     
Default Man this is an old thread!

I'm the one who started it way back when, and had completely forgotten about it. I agree that it does appear someone "hijacked" it out of mothballs to promote their own agenda. Whatever....

The plan now is to go with ERA. Since I'm not overly mechanically inclined I'll either do a turn-key or an optioned-out roller. Definitely will have a big block, though not sure on 428CJ or a 427. Either way I'll want Webers on it (at this point purely for gee-whiz reasons). Thinking white with blue stripes.

Timeframe? Probably visit their shop then put down the deposit one year from now.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Where did my post go? I figure Cobra Guy (chicken** deleted all of his but where did mine go?
Old 04-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

weird, huh, Colleen??? Maybe that whole little side trip was deleted????
what a loser!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 06:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Default Colleen, sorry I missed the "fun"

Colleen,
Sorry I missed the "fun" above, all of which was removed by Brent. It appears we had a new member with an agenda which was obviously in violation with the rules we all try and abide by.
I am glad aks801 has made 'his" choice( a LOT can happen in 3 years) and has a clearer picture of what is going to push his button in the future!
Congratulations, and good luck!
John R.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

John,
Just curious - why was my post deleted? All I did was ask him why he'd be so negative. That's happened on other threads he posted on as well, but mine was the only one totally deleted. Was I being censored for some reason?

Colleen