23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2003, 09:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I was trying to be conservative to prove a point...........

I'd say it worked. Guys I am not for one second stating we should abandon the garage. We just need to be more carefull how we park once there. I like the place to. I just do not want to have to attend two to three hundered of my friends funerals (one most likly my own). Just trying to be a little safe.Thats all. It has been awhile since I saw 150lbs!

I am not complaining about the garage. I like it to!

Last edited by 4RE KLR; 08-22-2003 at 03:15 PM..
Old 08-22-2003, 05:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #122 (Sold) : Ford GT #484 Heritage Edition; 2008 GT500 Red/Black
Not Ranked     

Steve,

I actually agree with you on the garage. The thing that everyone is forgetting is that we used the garage because it was a great picture. Also it was never built for all the people to be standing around on top.

I remember last year...it was bad feeling when a floor that was moving all day just stopped....I don't want to be up there again this year...

HOw about a motion....Guys can we find a new place for a picture? Maybe there is a good spot on a hill that we can get for the morning?

Matt
Old 08-22-2003, 05:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Talking Lets weigh the options

This is just my thought. I like the garage, because of the view. That being said, safety is always first in my book. I'm not willing to stake my life or those of my family and friends om something that may or may not support all the weight from the cars and the 150lbs people. So that being said, close to where I live is a brand new church with a huge parking lot. Plus the parking lot has lots of trees for shade. It is only about 6 miles from the Origin Parking garage right on 620. A great place to start a cruise.

Its about the same distance from the hotel and it gets the cobras warmed up before the cruise. Numerious gas stations on the way for a quick top off. I doubt that the parking lot would be used that early on Saturday morning. We might have to make a small donations to the church. The lot will hold a bunch of cars and trailers.

I agree about having a better parking plan at the hotel. Will need to know who is bring trailers, tour buses and all the other goodies. We can draw a layout and post for people coming up so they know where to park. Also if anybody has a easy up tent, we can put a few in the middle for socializing.

Just my thoughts.

Gregg H

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 08-22-2003, 06:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Custom Built Classic Motor Carriage T 5 Z tranny still in the making ..
Not Ranked     
Default hmmm

Well I am having my Party in September 19-20-03
this is just a chance for us to get together .
Paul Cass in Corpus does one in November as well .
As far as Parking the Cobras for a picture I think the parking area at the hotel. We could section off a parking section for Cobras only , for a nice photo then leave from there.
Parked right it would be a awsome pic .
Not to mention extra time not wasted going to the orgin building .
Starting at 9:am we could get lined up, visiting, and taking picks all by noon then go for our cruz eat and cruz back for more fun and games .this way we are not running .Think abought this from 9ich to 12 noon drive line up at the orgin building ,show, talk, line up take picks, then leave all in a matter of 3 short hours to look and talk to 80 +Cobras then only 75 % or less go on the cruz .
I think we could spend more time together just by tweeking it just a little not to mention a small change ......??????
Just a thought .
Tony
Old 08-22-2003, 07:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane 427 Cobra #HM2008, Craft Performance 427w 600hp/600tq, TKO-600 close ratio, original Smiths gauges, lucas switches
Send a message via Yahoo to bwcobra15 Send a message via Skype™ to bwcobra15
Not Ranked     
Default Entertainment

Quote:
Originally posted by CowtownCobra
If you have "entertainment" please consider that it will make most conversations impossible (happened to our last meeting in Irving).
Well Dave, the difference with entertainment at the hotel is we probably won't be confined to sitting 12 feet away from the amplifiers/PA. The hotel has a huge lot, large banquet halls, etc. Blake and Ryan and hooked up with some serious Texas talent and whatever they come up with would be spectacular - not some crappy, Jimmy Buffet "tribute" band that doesn't know that when you are crammed into an enclosed patio with 75 people in 1200 sq ft you don't turn it up to 9 !!

Thank ya~

Bob (still cobraless, so what do I know...)
Entertainer, 42 years old, 153 lbs, and still bench pressing over 250

I love it and I need it I bleed it ~ Yeah it's a wild hurricane ~ Alright, hold tight, I'm a highway star!!
Old 08-22-2003, 07:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via MSN to CowtownCobra
Not Ranked     

Bob,

That sounds like a plan worth checking out. Don't get me wrong. I love music, especially country, comedy? and folk. But at a meet such as this, you may only get a few moments to chat with each of the different people.
Old 08-22-2003, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Chat ????

Who chats around here? There is so much BS at our get togethers , you better wear BOOTS!
Old 09-24-2003, 07:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

I don't want to step on anyone's toes, but has the hotel been secured for the February bash?
Old 09-25-2003, 08:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR1358 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Post Volunteers and Decision Makers Needed

As the TCC grows in membership, the Austin Spring Meet gets more difficult to plan, organize, and satisfy everyone. That being said, lets get some volunteers and decision makers assigned to the following tasks:

Hotel - Dee & Jacque
Morning Stage Parking -
Schedule of Events - Ed Csoltko
Lunch - Ed Csoltko
Cruise & Cruise Maps - Ed Csoltko
Emergency Support -
Entertainment -
Photography -
News Media -
Name Tags -
Packets -
Raffle Prizes -
Dinner -

We need a focus meeting (November & January) with all volunteers to firm up the 2004 TCC Spring Meet activities.

Cammer, I volunteered you and Jacque to contact the Hotel and set everything up like last year.

I booked lunch at El Arroyo's Restaurant on Bee Caves Rd (FM2244) between 12:00 - 2:00 pm. I'm planning a shorter Hill Country cruise for this year. I decided not to do a poker run for safety reasons and the number of Cobras involved. The cruise will end at the Hotel around 4:00 pm.

I will post the Friday and Saturday schedule soon as we decide on several key issues. We will plan a simple event like last year.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Post NOVEMBER MEETING AT MY PLACE

ED,

LETS LOOK AT HAVING THE NOVEMBER MEETIN AT MY HOUSE AND WE CAN DO SOME BRAINSTORMING AND GET SOME VOLUNTEERS FOR EVENTS.

LET ME KNOW

GREGG H

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."