9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2003, 10:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     
Default If you want more than your tipical 402 crate engine

We just finished Keith Williams 396C.I. aluminum 351W SB Ford for his Super Performance Daytona Coupe. This is a real nice engine and I appreciatte Keith having the confidence to let us build him a nice engine with nice parts. This engine is built with a Dart aluminum SBF block that is 4.100 bore and has a Scat 4340 steel crank with a 3.750 stroke, Scat H-beam rods, JE custom pistons, hydraulic roller camshaft, AFR 205 heads, stud mount rockers, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake and 10.3 to 1 compression with a 950 DaVinci carburator. This engine was run through 13/4 step into 17/8 headers. This engine really surprised me with a max tourqe of 556ft/bls torque and 585HP at 6000RPM's. The engine made 570HP between 5600 and 6500RPM's and did not fall of till about 6800RPM's. That is really neat for a dual plain intake and a hydraulic roller camshaft. Max torque was at about 4700RPM's but the engine had about 450ft/bls by 3500RPM's.
Just wanted to let everyone know there is a alternative to a 402 crate engine that only makes 500ft/bls torque and 500HP and cost about the same in a steel block and about 2200.00 more in an aluminum block. This should be fun to drive, about as fun as Gary's 640HP Cobra that I got to drive. Thanks
Old 12-15-2003, 06:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Keith, Sounds like a nice piece you have there. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Timing seems just right as Keith's Coupe is in New Orleans waiting for the Customs release.

Doug Reed
Old 12-15-2003, 07:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Doug,

I'd like to see you back at Texas Motor Speedway playing with those Vettes and Vipers with this engine in the new SPF Coupe.............
Old 12-15-2003, 08:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP
Not Ranked     

How much weight does the aluminum small block save?

I'm no expert.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     
Default Aluminum block weight

The Dart aluminum block is about 100 pounds lighter than the Ford Racing steel block and about 80 pounds lighter than a stock 351 block. They are a real nice piece for the money. The total weight of the Dart aluminum block is about 92 pounds. Thanks Keith
Old 12-16-2003, 03:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance Roush 427
Not Ranked     

Sounds like a sweet deal, Jim and I will be going to New Orleans the first week of January for a little training and pick up some cars. So anyone need s anything from the Big Easy, let me know. Later, db
Texas Motor Speedway
Old 12-16-2003, 04:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lots fo different cars that change all of the time
Not Ranked     
Wink UMMMM DONNNNNN

TIME THE TRIP SO THAT YOU CAN BRING KEITH'S CAR BACK

JAY

Run & Gun participant 1998-2005