14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2004, 01:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1949, Color Black & Gold, Keith Craft 427/482 cubic inch Genisis sideoiler, 637 HP, Tremec 5 speed.
Not Ranked     
Talking Superformance #1949. Tell me what you think!!!!

Superformance #1949 is on the road!!!!!!!

Please visit my photo gallery and tell me what you think.

I would like to give a BIG special thanks to Dan Hardiman, Bill Lariviere, Jesse James, Joe Cawthon, Doug Reed, Keith Craft, Gary Sharpada and all the members of Club Cobra for all of your hard work and assistance with my car!!!!!!!!

As you can guess, I am really looking forward to the spring meet in Austin and many others!!!!

Thanks again guys,

Allen Findley
Old 11-16-2004, 02:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, Pond Aluminum 482FE
Not Ranked     

Looks good, Tex! Would be curious to hear your thoughts concerning the engine (power/driveability, etc)...

Joe
Old 11-16-2004, 02:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Very nice Allen. VERY nice. I too would like to hear your thoughts on the engine. I'm thinking about getting some info on the new Alum block Genisis. I've heard good things about the iron blocks. I think the Shelby alum blocks may have a better oiling system, but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra 1000.00 to 1300.00 bucks (if the Genisis block come in at the prices I've heard).
I have a buddy with a KC engine and he loves it. He's doing a good job of talking me into shipping my heads, intake and cam profile sheet into Keith and having him sprinkle some of his magic dust on them. It's an itch I may have to scratch (unless I go with an entire new engine all together)!
Nice floor too, by the way! Have fun with your new toy!
Old 11-16-2004, 03:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1374 with 392 RDI Stroker
Not Ranked     

Congratulations Tex, I'm sure you will enjoy 1949. If your ever in Houston, look me up.
We'll be in Austin next spring. It's a good weekend.

Mark
Old 11-16-2004, 04:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Previous owner of SPF#1938, with a Keith Craft 496ci Genesis 427 side oiler, 667 FWHP, 633 FWTQ, 560 RWHP, 550 RWTQ.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Congratulations!........

Tex,

Real beautiful car. I have #1938 so ours are real close. Mine won't be on the road for a while yet, but it will be ready for Austin! Enjoy your car. You had some real sharp guys assisting you!

Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: sold a SPF
Not Ranked     

Tex Allen:

Very nice. you didn't miss a thing.

I'm sorry to report your garage is cleaner than my house!

Enjoy in good health.
Old 11-16-2004, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1949, Color Black & Gold, Keith Craft 427/482 cubic inch Genisis sideoiler, 637 HP, Tremec 5 speed.
Not Ranked     

Thanks a bunch guys. I really appreciate your comments. It was a lot of work and a many a night wrenching and fabricating, but it was all worth it in the end.

I may have to get back with you guys with your questions about the engine and driveability, as I have only driven it a little around the neighborhood so far, so I could make any necessary adjustments to anything needed. I can say that I am very impressed with the engine so far. I had witnessed the dyno on the engine a couple of months ago when I picked it up from KC and I was very impressed with the outcome of the dyno, as you can see from the numbers it produced. The engine sounds incredible through the stainless sidepipes and I can definitely feel the power this engine wants to produce. Probably too much power, but I hope the driveability is there as well. KC and the guys definitely know their business when it comes to the FE's.

Terrys SPF, I did end up going with the iron Genesis block. After dealing with a couple of ragged out originals, it seemed like the only option for me. I think that I made a good choice.

Thanks again guys,

Allen Findley
Old 11-16-2004, 10:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

What kind of flooring is that in your garage? Racedeck?? Looks great!

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 11-17-2004 at 05:50 PM..
Old 11-17-2004, 04:32 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

Excellent car!!!
Old 11-17-2004, 12:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

TerrySPF,

Actually that is VCT tile on the floor that I put down back in the spring. It has been great and is far less expensive than the racedeck.

Allen
Old 11-17-2004, 01:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1404 KC 482 GENESIS
Not Ranked     

Allen, Car looks awesome. I kept telling Gary Sharpada not to sell "my" car that he had but I waited to long to sell mine and his was sold. I really liked the color combo. It's a small cobra community as Dan Hardiman who helped on yours sold me his car. I have to put the cover on it or I would spend too much time in the garage messing with it. Be careful with all that power. See you in Austin in March. Todd Spence
Old 11-17-2004, 02:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Todd. I couldn't have done anything without Dan's help. Not only was he was over at my house countless nights helping, he was also a wealth of information having built two of them himself. Needless to say, I owe him big time!!!!

I can relate to what you are saying about the tinkering with it. Although, the car is basically finished, I find myself still going out there every night, fidgeting with this or that. I need to try that cover thing!!!!

Thanks again,

Allen
Old 11-19-2004, 08:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SPF1923-8, Roush 427/550HP
Not Ranked     
Default SPF

Allen, verrrrry nice! I know how mine feels with 550 I can't imagine 637. You're goina love it.

By the way I agree, did you not have anything else to do before you got the car? Your garage makes me sick, when can you come over and do mine!!!

Have some fun now...
Doug Sherar
Granbury, TX
Old 11-19-2004, 06:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

Tex,

Sure brings back memories! The car looks awesome and already has me thinking about doing another Cobra...............

What clutch and trans did you end up putting in the car? The only thing I would suggest is a larger air cleaner. You can have a dropped base made for the one you have and put a 3 inch K & N on it. I think that 1 inch will choke the engine! Check out my gallery on the one I had..........

Last edited by gsharapa; 11-19-2004 at 06:14 PM..
Old 11-20-2004, 08:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Very nice looking car. You should be very happy with it. Spend lots of time driving it. These cars are met for driving. I love my SPF.

Your garage is impressive. Where do you keep all the stuff that people normally have in their garage?
Old 11-21-2004, 03:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Standard, thanks for the compliments. I actually did the floor back in the spring. Just order the VCT and give me a call. There's nothing to it.

Gary, Glad you like the car, but then again, how could you not like the color, right.. I went with the Tremec TKO 600 trans road race version. The clutch and pressure plate are RAM and the Hyd T/O bearing and scattershield are Mcleod. Remind me never to use a Mcleod modular housing again!!!!!!! What a nightmare!!!!! I would like to get with you about the larger air cleaner. I had to use a one inch spacer under the carb, so that ate up some of my air cleaner room. There is no room for a larger one without using a drop base of some sort, in which I am not familiar with.

Carroll, thanks for your comments. I am ready to drive, unfortunately though, I completed the car just in time for the bad weather to set in. I am sure I will catch some pretty days here and there.

Thanks,

Allen
Old 11-28-2004, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF Anniversary #1989. 427 Roush.
Not Ranked     

Tex,
Good job.....Good taste. Really nice when something comes out the way you wanted. See you in the spring for the Austin meet.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, Roush IR 427, T56
Not Ranked     

Tex-

Very fine ride. Nice job. I have #1915 which is still waiting for a Roush engine. Should be ready by Xmas. Hope to see you in Austin.

What is VCT? I'm looking for garage flooring. Thanks.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Default Beautiful Tex, absolutely Beautiful!!

Tex,
I almost fell out of my chair when I saw your car! I know Gary's went to Mexico & I thought I was halucinating. I always thought Gary's last car was one of the most stunning color combinations I have ever seen and was truly sad when it left, and now we have yours. Dan is also a friend of mine, and I can't wait to see your ride in Austin in 2005.
Beautiful, Stunning, and brutally fast, so be careful my friend! These can bite you, and quickly!
John Russell
Old 11-29-2004, 01:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance SPF1923-8, Roush 427/550HP
Not Ranked     

Bob,
I have SPF1923 with the R427, its great!!!! Sounds good and plenty of go.

You'll love it.

Looking forward to seeing and meeting ya'll in Austin.
Doug