28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2006, 03:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Yyyyeeeeeeaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man that was a great weekend. I can't keep the smile off my face.

I would like to thank everyone for all there patience and hard work in making this one of the best events of the cobra year. I have received a bunch of feed back from this years meet and we are going to try some new stuff for next year. Especially Friday afternoon.

I would like to give big thanks to Dee, Ed, Mike, Randy, Tony, James, Neil and Uncle Joe for keeping the Austin club going.

We are starting to get some new folks in the club like Brian, Nick, Todd an his wife Lee, and Richard. I know I have missed some peopleso I'm Sorry. This event is truly about the people.

Also a big hug and a kiss to Colleen for running the registration table. Thanks Grandma

I hope too see more pictures posted this week.

I hope everyone had a good time, because I did except for the sun burned head.

Timed to go back to packing up the house.

You guys are the best!

Gregg H

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."

Last edited by Gregg(What's his name)?; 03-26-2006 at 05:14 PM..
Old 03-26-2006, 04:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Thank YOU Gregg!!

You always do such a good job with this event. All that military preparedness spills over to this quite well. Thank you for all your hard work. You and the Austin group outdid yourselves this year.

And don't forget Jacque - our Miss Texas Cobra Club 2006.

I think this event just gets better and better. And next year, hopefully, I'll come home with out being banged up from the tailgate party. Typing this with a jammed up/sprained/dislocated pinky finger is pretty tough.

Colleen
Old 03-26-2006, 05:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane #1037, 351C, TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Congrats

To our new President:

David Shelton - Houston

And Miss Texas Cobra Club:

Jacque Walters - Austin

Gregg H

"Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory."
Old 03-26-2006, 08:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Custom Built Classic Motor Carriage T 5 Z tranny still in the making ..
Not Ranked     
Default Good Time

Boy it was great next year I will start earler cant get enough !
Pulled the body off the cobra today. I will start work !!!!!!...
T
Old 03-27-2006, 07:29 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Default Yep, this was a wonderful time!!!!!!!

Man,
I HAD A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would also like to extend my thanks to the Austin Group for all the "behind the scenes" hard work, my Dallas core group and to the Houston "Wild Bunch" for all the food and parking lot amenities, not to mention a superlative job on the event shirts,hats, jackets and so much more.
I truly appreciate where this club is now and how it has developed, and I look forward to where we go next!
Congratulations David, let me know if I can help.
John Russell

Last edited by jrussell; 03-27-2006 at 07:34 AM..
Old 03-27-2006, 08:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'd like to thank those folks who provided alcohol at this event. Let's see I imbibed a smidgen of John Russell's scotch, some of Doug Reed's Citrus Rum, some of the Driesch's great Cosmo's in a bucket (did I really end up just carrying the bucket around with me?), some of the blue stuff Chris Noland brought and some of the wonderfully refreshing Raspberry Rum w/ Fresca cocktails that the Houston group shared with us.

I'm still hurting and it's Monday morning.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 599 Polished Bronze
Not Ranked     

Even though I no longer have my Cobra, I really enjoyed seeing everyone and all the great cars.
I especially want to thank Fred from Tennessee for taking my wheel chair bound friend for a ride. He's had a tough year since his stroke last May and it really made his day, heck, it made his year. I know he'll make a full recovery and carry through with his plans to build a 289 replica.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No place but Texas! What a great crowd. Thanks to all that organized this event. I know a lot of hard work went into it. I hope to see yall in Conroe this fall. Way to go Mr. Shelton! Holler if I can do anything to help.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     
Default Thanks, Greg...

...and everyone else involved with the 2006 Texas Cobra Club meeting in Austin. I'm back in the office today after cleaning up my trailer yesterday, and coaching T-Ball last night.

Totally an awesome time... Couldn't have asked for better weather...maybe a little warmer at night, but hell, that's what the liquor was for, right? I sincerely enjoyed seeing everyone...the Friday cruise to the Oasis was out-standing! I could have spent the rest of the day and most of the evening there. Hats off the the Houston bunch for the cook-out Saturday evening, too. I had enough sense to stay away from the red stuff...that stuff had "puke-till-you start-dry-heavin" written all over it! Nope..not por moi, merci bien!

Best part was Sunday's breakfast where I got to hear all the Colleen and Kristen stories..including the mid-night visit to John Russel's room, and when Colleen "fell out of her shoes"...man, I hate it when that happens. I wish I hadn't gone to bed so early after those stories... Too bad I never got to hear Colleen's side of the story...did anyone?

You folks are all awesome..! Thanks for showing this ol' Tennessee boy a good time...!

(...and to TimG427...it was indeed my pleasure to offer your friend a ride. After seeing the second time you pushed him around the parking lot, I knew he was one of us!! God bless him, and his recovery...may God keep him safe. I hope he's up and walking by this time next year, if not before. Please offer him my email address if he'd like to correspond. )
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:08 AM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

hot dang- I think I get my computer back today! yea! I think I might have to reload my photo software, and then take the hours to load my zillions of incriminating photos (I accept bribes), and then finally write the 'story'. Betcha ya'll can hardly wait, right??????

I'm a little fuzzy on the meaning of the tongue pictures. I was only drinking iced tea at that point, too.
good golly, I only had a little bit of the pink stuff- I was definitely a blue stuff kinda girl.
Kristen
greeeeaaaat time, Freddie. You are fun!
(and so is Doug Reed- the cool hair guy- now Doug, how did Vicki describe your hair??)
Old 03-28-2006, 08:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #770, Stroked 351W (393 cubes) w/ Tremec TKO-600, 3.27 Torsen locker, 'Hi-Tech' Blue w/ White Stripes, Wilwoods, Bilstein coil overs...and a big ear-to-ear grin!
Not Ranked     

"Fun Hair"...

I have no idea what that means...Vickie, can you elaborate...?
WARNING: The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of the management, editors, or owners. We welcome differing opinions, and recognize our responsibility to offer differing views. May cause drowsiness, restlessness, or irritability. Do not operate heavy machinery while using this product. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico, or where prohibited, licensed, or regulated by law. We reserve the right to limit quantities. Offer good while supplies last. No substitutions allowed. Please observe posted speed limits. Professional driver on closed course. Do not try this at home. Please wear your seatbelt at all times. Close cover before striking. Use at own risk. Please dispose of properly. Drink responsibly. Prolonged exposure to vapors has been shown to cause cancer in laboratory animals. Do not use this product of you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling fumes can be dangerous. Always wear safety glasses. In case of eye contact, flush with water and seek immediate medical attention. For occasional use only as directed. Avoid prolonged skin contact. Discontinue use if rash develops. If symptoms persist for more than three days, seek professional medical attention. Hearing protection required beyond this point. Danger: Hot surfaces. Use as directed. Proceed at own risk. Caution: Filling may be hot. Please don't litter. Actual results may vary. It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner other than as intended. Do not use this product if you have an enlarged prostate, or have difficulty urinating.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well I didn't heave. I do know that much. Just a fall or two.

That was Mandi at John's room, not me and Kristen (and that crowd that was egging us on).

Is Dennis Mosely spending the night at our house tonite? It occured to me in the 5 mins I was awake near Salado that I was going to have a house guest Tuesday.

And Kristen, that's Happy Hair on Doug's head.

Colleen
Old 03-28-2006, 11:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well...like I said...it sounds as if a fun time was had by all. I regret my decision to turn in early Saturday night...but, I was whipped....rode hard and put up wet...! I had grandiose thoughts of jumpin' out of bed Sunday and getting an early start... But, I ran into John Russell and his family, so I decided to stay and partake of breakfast in the hotel...wound up not getting on the road until almost 10:00 AM !!! Turns out I could have stayed up Saturday and still made it home by the time I did...dammit!

Turns out running into John was good...otherwise I would have missed the stories about Saturday night, and I'd have to make them up all by myself! Heck...even I can't make up stuff that good..!

Next year...next year...night vision camera.... Oh yeah....you're mine!
Old 03-28-2006, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Oh, Freddie, you should have joined us. We had a good time. I'm sure we did because I didn't remember parts of it.

I don't remember falling at all. I do remember waking up around 2 wondering why I only had a a sweater and that fuzzy pullover on, but no pants. And why the hell my fingers hurt like hell. My pinky actually matches Alan's car - a darkish blue with some white spots.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Miss Texas Cobra Club-08
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #291 *has left the garage*
Not Ranked     

it was the un-named lurker and the broken zipper, Colleen! That's who took your pants.... unless of course it was your husband.....

I only saw you fall outta your shoes!! Not squish your fingers....
I had a teeny tiny little headache Sunday, not too bad. Could have been worse.
Happy Hair. that is sooo funny. where did she get that?? I think his hair is cool hair.

This was definitely the best meet. Sorry for ya'll that CHOSE to miss it! (Fred B., etc.)
Old 03-30-2006, 04:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 66 427W Roadster
Not Ranked     

Cobra Goddess,
we are patiently awaiting your photos.
Our IT dept at the elec company was combined with Telcom.
now they call it TIT
i could put u in touch with one of those folks to get your PC straightened out
if u need some help
hate that i missed you, it ,ya'll

tommy
Old 10-16-2006, 10:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hmm, ran across this while searching for something else.

Thought this might just be a good time to refresh our memories on how well last year's event went and what a love fest it was there and after.

Colleen
Old 10-16-2006, 12:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics Silver w/ Black 351 C
Not Ranked     
Default Memory Loss?

Were there some factors that affected your memory of that weekend?