28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2007, 07:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 427 Side-Oiler
Not Ranked     

True.I met him in Ca. years ago.Friendly,approachable all-around nice guy.He was looking at buying my friends 66 GTO conv.

Too bad it wasn't the Captain of the Chappaquiddick water rescue team that was on the plane.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:02 AM
California Dreamin Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via ICQ to vanoochka Send a message via Yahoo to vanoochka Send a message via Skype™ to vanoochka
Not Ranked     

Back in the early 90's he was a VAR (value added reseller) for me, for a few years when I ran sales & marketing for a technology company, so I've spent quite a bit time with him. At that time, he didn't have two nickles to rub together, but was the incredibly hard-working, obviously intelligent, hustling type of guy who was destined to succeed.

Although I didn't care for him on a personal level, he did a great job as a partner of the company within the context of our business relationship. As for his being "lucky" - from my perspective - he's a classic example of "the harder you work, the luckier you get."
Old 11-15-2007, 07:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

What a loving bunch of people!
Old 11-19-2007, 06:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

I guess the movie opened this past weekend and was a major flop. Someone was quoted as saying the weekend receipts only added up to $26,000 (that's thousand - not million). I guess the American people don't really want to go to a movie that speaks poorly of the troops and their country.

-Seems Mr. Cuban would have been better off investing in something else. He should stick to real estate and leave his far-left-wing political movies to the pro's like Michael Moore.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Not only a bad investment but shows what an idiot he is. A movie showing that our military rapes a 14 yr old girl and then kills her family to cover it up! What kind of anti-American fool would believe in the concept to the point of investing in a movie about this topic. Where are the old sedition laws when we need them?

James

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11252007...mbs_582058.htm

November 25, 2007 -- IT'S hard for Hollywood pacifists like Brian De Palma to capture the hearts and minds of America if

Americans won't see their movies. While the public is staying away in droves from “Rendition," “Lions for Lambs" and “In the Valley of Elah," audiences are really avoiding “Redacted," De Palma's picture about US soldiers who rape a 14-year-old Iraqi girl, then kill her and her family. The message movie was produced by NBA Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, who insisted on deleting grisly images of Iraqi war casualties from the montage at the film's end. Cuban offered to sell the film back to De Palma at cost, but the director was too smart to go for that deal. “Redacted" - which “could be the worst movie I've ever seen," said critic Michael Medved -took in just $25,628 in its opening weekend in 15 theaters, which means roughly 3,000 people saw it in the entire country. “This, despite an A-list director, a huge wave of publicity, high praise in the Times, The New Yorker, left-leaning sites like Salon, etc. A Joe Strummer documentary [of punk-rock band The Clash] playing in fewer theaters made more in its third week," e-mailed one cineaste. “Not even people who presumably agree with the movie's antiwar thesis made the effort to see it."
Old 11-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 351W -> 392
Not Ranked     

the guy is like Midas (maybe was)....

based on my stock picks, I think I should personally destroy his empire by buying some stock in his companies....

rats, it seems he is solely involved with privately held corps. Anyone know different?

"If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier."